“No wonder it is No 1...”

Grand Hyatt Incheon
Ranked #3 of 108 Hotels in Incheon
London, United Kingdom
“No wonder it is No 1...”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We chose the Hyatt Regency Incheon for practical reasons, but as it turned out, staying there was akin to a mini holiday. We arrived from Jeju Island on Saturday evening and had to drop my parents at Incheon Airport for their flight early on the Sunday morning, before continuing on our overland trip in South Korea.

From the very start, the service from the Hyatt was excellent. Not only was the reservation easy to make (via their toll-free number), but the response to my further questions were met with efficiency and courtesy.

The shuttle bus picks guests up from two points at Incheon Airport, so whichever gate you exit after claiming your baggage, you will not have far to walk to catch the bus.

We stayed as a family of six in three rooms and helpfully all the rooms were on the same floor next to or opposite each other. We had reserved a table for dinner and once again, the thoughtfulness was appreciated as we were given a private dining room. This meant a lot to us as our family live in different countries and meeting in South Korea was a way of spending time together.

A word about the dinner - at weekends there is a buffet dinner and it is a gastronomic delight. Guests are able to compose their dinner from different stations. There is an Italian area as well as Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Cold meat/ cheese/ bread and Dessert areas. Since there were many Korean families dining, I would hazard a guess that this buffet dinner is not only a highlight for travellers staying at the hotel but also for local families. It was a perfect formula for our family as well, aged 13 to 75. Service was friendly and professional, and the kind waitress who looked after us spoke good English and helped us take family photos.

The next day we managed to achieve a lot due to the close proximity of the Hyatt to the airport. After breakfast, my parents had to catch their flight. The hotel offered them a limousine to the airport instead of making them wait for the shuttle bus. This meant that my mother had a little time to visit the Chongga shop before check-in and bought some kimchi which she was so keen to do before leaving Korea. Later, my husband and I used the shuttle bus to collect our rental car from the airport while our children had their breakfast.

Given our wonderful first time experience at the Hyatt Incheon, I would even go as far as to say that I would use Incheon as a stopover in future long haul trips. We live in London and usually use Hong Kong as a stopover but this stay has made me rethink our travel strategy. Thank you to the staff for being part of our successful trip to South Korea.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MLRNW3
hyattregencyincheon, 매니저 at Grand Hyatt Incheon, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Incheon for your family trip in mini-holiday and leaving us with a very detailed review!

We are extremely happy to read that your stay has been comfortable, enjoyable and that you received most friendly service from our warm and caring our associates.

Please come back and stay with us again and we will take another great care of your stay.

Warm regards,

Marketing Communications Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I had stayed at this hotel while travelling through Korea , 1st time was great! 2nd time was terrible, the hotel is very nice , awesome restaurants , amenities as well. The 2nd time I was there my room was so bad I vowed to never stay again, 20 year old TV that didn't work, bad old smell to room and pillows were paper thin. I gave them another chance and sent message as well regarding my previous experience. When I arrived they greeted me personally and upgraded me and went out of their way to ensure everything was perfect! That's customer service! Just want to say thanks again and this is only place I will stay in incheon now!!! Hats off to the staff

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your valuable comments on TripAdvisor which are most appreciated.

We are extremely happy to hear that you had a outstanding stay and you received most personalized service from our associates.

Your valuable comments has been shared with our team members, and we will continue to provide most excellent service to all our guests.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to your return!

Warm Regards

Marketing Communciations Manager
Arcadia, California
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here overnight at the tail end of an epic trip (includes four airport hotels), and it was a very comfortable experience.

The airport shuttle bus takes literally 2-3 minutes to get to the door, and runs pretty much every 20 minutes. The check-in process was smooth and very friendly. The hotel has an interesting restaurant option, but I didn't make use of it.

The hotel's fitness center has a gym, pool and sauna, as well as a spa. I used the sauna, and it was very good. Our room was on the club level, and the lounge was really big as well.

There's also a casino on the lobby floor, but I wasn't a fan. It's not that large, but it's very smoky. Most of the gamblers there are mainland Chinese, and some Japanese. The former can be very loud, and I basically left as soon as I walked in.

The rooms have good, quality furnishings. The doors/walls could have better insulation, though, as you can easily hear screaming kids (as I did). Overall, though, the hotel's design matches my personal tastes, which is muted modern. Definitely one of the better airport hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us

We are most happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay.

Your comments has been shared with all our team members, and we will continue to focus on providing more warm, caring and personalized service.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,
Sydney, AUS
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Stopped overnight on way to London from Sydney. Very nice hotel with great breakfast. Dinner was part of the airline ticket. It was a basic buffet but tasty. Our bed mattress was a little firm so it made for a mixed night sleep. Excellent service and very clean. I would recommend the hotel. I am keen to come back and explore the vibrant city of Seoul. There is not much to explore from the hotel as it is very close to the airport. Very efficient bus transfer making for a seamless stopover.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
hyattregencyincheon, 매니저 at Grand Hyatt Incheon, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback which is truly appreciated!

I am glad to hear that your stay has been wonderful, and I am extremely happy to learn that you experienced excellence service from our dedicated associates. I have shared your praise with our team and we will continue to strive to exceed our guests expectations at all times.

However, we have duly noted your comments regarding bed mattress,
which has been addressed with our relevant team members. to find ways to improve.

Let me know if I may be of any assistance for your next visit to Korea.

Warm Regards.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I've used this hotel when connecting through ICN airport. Rooms are nice, a good size and best of all they are very quiet.

The restaurant is quite nice, but unfortunately their prices border on ridiculous for normal items. When ordering lunch last visit I only glanced at the entries and found something that looked good. When the waitress asked what I would like to drink I said just some caffeine free tea, Imagine my shock at receiving an 8000 Won/$8.00 USD for tea. Even for a Hyatt this was beyond fair pricing. When tea in Seoul costs more than beer Copenhagen you know that your prices are unfair.

I love visiting Korea, and the Incheon airport is a nice place to switch airplanes if you need to plan a connection in Asia. This hotel is spotless, with great staff. However if you are paying your own way as opposed to travelling on business, you may wish to explore other options. If you are travelling on an expense account and don't care, you likely won't find better accommodation near the airport.

Room Tip: Upper floors are really quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LongKeel
hyattregencyincheon, 매니저 at Grand Hyatt Incheon, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us, and taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.
We are happy to hear that you had an overall great stay, however we have duly noted your comments regarding our beverage pricing, which has been addressed with our relevant team members to find ways to improve.

In regards to our price strategy, please kindly be informed that we are continually benchmarking with other five star hotels in the Seoul market, to ensure that our prices are reasonable yet competitive at all times, however would like to express our apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience. We will further look into beverage pricing if any adjustments are needed.

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us and wish to continue serving you in the best way possible.

Warm Regards

Patrick Verove
Hotel Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This airport is located 3 to 5 minutes away from Incheon airport and is accessible via a Hyatt Regency shuttle that comes every 20 minutes which picks you up outside of gate 3A on the arrivals floor (there is a large sign outside).

The service at the hotel is impeccable. A smiling face on all the employees and a smooth check-in to my room with a view of the run-way.

The room was clean and the elevators fast with little or no waiting. I stayed for a night due to a long lay-over and it was perfect. Would strongly recommend using this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Try the deli on the 1st floor at night to get 1/2 off prices on their excellent sandwiches. There is...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great feedback! We are pleased to learn that you consider our service `impeccable' and strongly recommend using the hotel to others.

We do look for forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Marekting Communications Manager
Lot-et-Garonne
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I suppose you'd only stay here if you were changing flights at Incheon airport, literally five minutes away, but by any standards it's a first-class hotel. Everything about it is gracious, comfortable and well-run; the rooms and bathrooms are great, and the buffet meals are lacking nothing. Staff laid on very thick, and they really go out of their way to please.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PeterFrance
hyattregencyincheon, 매니저 at Grand Hyatt Incheon, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Incheon and leaving us with your wonderful review.

We are most happy to hear that you found our hotel to be absolutely excellent as everything is gracious, comfortable and well-run.

Furthermore, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the warm and caring service from our associates.

Thank you once again for sharing us with your valuable feedback, and we look forward to your return.

Warm regards,