“Good hotel for overnight stayover near airport”

Benikea Hotel Oceanside
Ranked #21 of 107 Hotels in Incheon
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed here overnight a few days ago. Unlike many other cheap airport hotels in Korea, this hotel is clean, with fresh linens and clean floors. The hotel is a short distance from ICN, but they run a shuttle back and forth (apparently, 24 hours a day). All you have to do is go to the information desk @ ICN and ask them to call the hotel.

My room (an executive room) was of a reasonable size and was clean. Coffee, Tea, etc. was provided in the room. Free wireless internet was available, and speeds were acceptable. Breakfast was available downstairs from 6am, and was the usual fare for Korean hotel breakfast (eggs, bread, breakfast meats, rice, Korean soup, etc.).

Overall, I recommend this hotel if you need overnight accomodation near ICN.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank VivekSub

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I flew from Sydney to Seoul and needed to stop over for a night before my connecting flight to London the following day. I was picked up within 10 minutes of the information desk calling the hotel, it is only located about 5-10 minutes away which is ideal. When I arrived, the man on reception said he had upgraded me to a double bedded room for free, there was free water in the mini fridge, free wifi, nice warm shower and a comfortable bed. I had breakfast at a discounted price and was taken back to the airport promptly the next day. The hotel isn't in the best location but it is perfect just for one night stop over. Good prices, great customer service, highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa45667
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed here as we had an early flight the next morning. Since i have been living in korea for 20 months nothing really surprised me.

Pro's
room was big
free pick up and drop off
breakfest was included - although we didnt actually mke it to brekkie so i cant comment on this.
decent sized mini fridge - so if you want to buy some cold drinks etc you have somewhere to put them.
TV was a decent size.
payed about 50 GBP for the room.

cons:
bed was small. - normal for korea though.
essentially it was a glorified "love motel" . if you have been living in korea you'd know a love motel is a motel that costs about 15-20 GBP.. the amenities (toothbrush, toothpaste, combs , shampoo, conditioner etc. ) were the same except there was a bath tub and separate shower instead of wet room situation.

overall its okay, nothing special but not too bad for the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zpmBham
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I got in late at night but shuttle was there within 10 mins. All staff were pleasant and helpful. Room was clean and had free use of computer. Ate only breakfast but it was very good. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank chimpdoc
Reviewed December 6, 2010

We used this hotel as a stopover during the day, as we had a 12 hour layover in Incheon. We wanted a place to stretch out, sleep & shower before getting back on a plane. The pick-up from the airport, and the return, were quick & efficient. The staff were helpful & friendly. The adjacent rooster didn't disturb our sleep too much. The room had nice little touches, including good shutters to darken it, which we needed. I still want to know what the device on the wall was with the picture of the car & the lady who said something in Korean when I pushed the button. The jacuzzi tub & steam shower were nice touches, although we didn't use them. The entertainment value alone was worth the cost of the room.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JMYM
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I've only stayed here once and that's all I'll ever stay here. I was not impressed. First off, there's nothing near here. You're kind of off in some kind of run down industrial district. If you stay at the Sevilla or Zeumes, at least you can go to the convenience store or a restaurant. I think there was a convenience store but I was hesitant to go outside due to the shady neighborhood.

The elevator here is really weird. It doesn't let you off on your respective floor. The elevator drops you off in between floors. I think I stayed on the 6th floor. The lady behind the desk said I should take the elevator to the floor above and take the steps down to the floor I was staying on. How weird is that?

When the driver took me to the airport, he had to drop somebody else off at the cargo part of the airport first. He's was hauling [-] and running red lights and stop signs because he thought I was going to be late.

The plus side of this hotel is that you get a mediocre free breakfast, the price is cheap and you don't have to rely on shuttle times.

I just think there are better options if you have to stay near the airport. I recommend Sevilla if you're on a budget or Best Western if you're looking for something a little more modern.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank ellisbobby
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I transit through the Incheon International Airport often during my travels. I wanted to give a try to this hotel.

The Hotel Shuttle picked me within 5-7 minues upon after I called them from the Airport. It is located by the Bay at the Incheon. Rooms are in a European Decor Style. My standard room had a full size hot tub, and a shower. The WIDE Big Screen was a Plus.

There are 2 seafood restaurants right across the street. Be careful when you walk out of the main entry of hotel. It walks right into the main street. One restaurant serves "HheMoolGalGugSu" the Noodle Soup with Clams (wish Shells). You get a separate (waste) bucket along with your soup to put the shells after you consume clams. It was very reasonable for a HUGE portion of Noodles and Clams for W7,000 (US$5). The other restaurant serves "Pajon".. it is like a Big Seafood Pancake.

Within walking distance to a bay beach. You will find a lot of clam digging people and fishing in there.

It was peaceful stay overnight. Very calm and private. Looks like Bed and Breakfast. This hotel is comfortable. If you are looking for a hotel with the Grand Lobby, the Business center, Pool and a fitness Spa, and humongous conference rooms.. this hotel is not for you. If you looking for a place to just for overnight-then you could give it a try.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business