“Stylish modern hotel”

Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Incheon
Singapore
“Stylish modern hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

Very nice hotel. Interior of the hotel looks very new. Stylish, modern and really spacious room, loads of leg space to lay our bags and move around. Very big comfortable beds and the bathroom is large with toiletries provided. Bathroom is fitted with a rain shower and a separate bathtub. Absolutely lovely place to stay for business trip around the area. No Free wi-fi in the room, though there are computer/internet stations.

There's a convenience store 2 blocks down, but the down part is really the location. So if you are looking to travel around Seoul, I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
SheratonIncheon, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Incheon Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for your review and nice words about our Sheraton Incheon Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay with us. The ‘rainforest shower’ and signature bed ‘Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed’ is always our guest’s favorite. We are really great to hear that you also enjoyed our stay with our signature facilities! We look forward to seeing you once again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

First the good news. This is one of the most beautiful and comfortable hotels I've stayed at anywhere in the world.

Unfortunately, that is completely undone by the appalling customer service. It as if nobody working for this Sheraton has any background in customer service or common sense.

Every aspect of living or working in this lovely hotel is made excruciatingly difficult.

Waiters in the expensive restaurants on several occasions have asked me to eat quicker or order dessert before I am finished with my entree, because they wish to close the restaurant. The waiters in the buffet restaurant try to clear your plate before you are finished, but take 10 minutes to bring another glass of ice tea (which they insist on swapping for your current glass).

The women working in the Club Lounge are essentially useless. At one point they welcomed me by name and then when I asked a question they demanded my ID. On several occasions I have a question, the Lounge hostesses pretended to conduct research or make a call to another department on my behalf and then never returned to me with any sort of answer. When my free Internet access stopped working, they told me to call the Internet company. When I went to the front desk to explain the problem over and over again, they eventually gave up and told me to call the Internet company from my room - they could not dial it for me. Once I returned to my room and dialed zero, as per instructed, the woman who just sent me to my room answered the phone.

Last time I stayed here, I brought my son up to the Club Lounge only to be accosted by a freaked-out hostess exclaiming that I was going to be charged $20 or $30 for having a guest in the lounge. This has NEVER happened at any other hotel anywhere. Isn't the lounge supposed to be a place you can meet with a client or unwind with a family member? After complaining, I wasn't charged, but I learned my lesson. This is not my home away from home.

Worst of all, I had to change hotel rooms between my first and second night because they wanted to put me in a different room. They made no effort to make this seamless. I had to call a bellman, wait, tip him, return to the hotel, get a new key and get another bellman to carry the luggage to my new room. I also have to leave the hotel earlier than I wish because they are booked up. I have no confidence whatsoever that they are monitoring a waiting-list since I had to ask them to enter my Starwood Preferred Guest card into my record number three times.

The Club Lounge was full of long-term guests who were being told that they needed to leave the hotel in the middle of their multi-week stay. This doesn't seem to be a way to run a hotel or treat valuable customers.

I have stayed at this hotel on three trips. My client is one of the original area businesses and a steady customer, but none of that seems to matter to the Sheraton Incheon management.

It's a tragic shame that such a terrific hotel has such terrible service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dr_Stager
SheratonIncheon, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Incheon Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to extends your feedback and kind compliments following your last stay with us here at Sheraton Incheon Hotel. We also have read and noticed your unpleasant experience and would like to extend our sincere apologies as it does not reflect our aim to provide all guest with a most comfortable and enjoyable stay at the Sheraton Incheon.
We have been informed about this issue to Front Desk team and Food and Beverage team and they will review the service standard once again. Dear guest, we very much appreciate your valuable feedback and we will continue to improve our services to all our guests to ensure a flawless and memorable experience here at our hotel. We look forward welcoming you back to your improved home away from home, the Sheraton Incheon
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

Over all very nice property, very good restaurants, nice lounge. Room of a very good size, excellent bathroom. Color scheme makes it a bit dark though. About 40 minutes by taxi or bus from the airport. Would come back without hesitation. Just bear in mind that if your destination is Seoul this is not a convenient location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and nice word about our Sheraton Incheon Hotel. It is always great to hear our guest satisfied with our hotel and service. For your information, to Seoul, it only takes 40 minutes by bus and 30 minutes by taxi. We look forward to seeing you once again in the near future.
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

Stay here for work twice a month. Staff is great! But it's the rooms! They are so roomy and state of the art. The bathroom is large and stylish. My favorite hotel I stay at for work!!

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you very much for your generous feedback on Sheraton Incheon Hotel. It is always pleasant that our guest loved our hotel. In every moment Sheraton Incheon Hotel tries to make our guest feel home away home and it is great that you felt it too. Dear guest, we hope to welcome you again in the near future at Sheraton Incheon Hotel.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Very nice hotel, great breakfast, helpful staff. The only annoyance is the cost of the in-room internet, considering Korea has the best internet in the world! But you can go down the road and get a beer for the same price as an hour's in-room internet and the Wifi is free! I recommend Pier 39.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking time extends your feedback and kind compliment following your last stay with us here at Sheraton Incheon Hotel. Our apology regards on our internet service. We will discuss with this issue. Thank you again with your comments and we look forward to seeing you once again in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

My wife and I spent a couple of free days in Incheon before departing from Korea. The hotel seems practically brand new. Rooms were large and well-designed. From our room we had excellent views of the tall skyscrapers going up in Song-do like the Incheon tower as well as amazing views of the sun setting over the Incheon bridge. Across the street is a new "central park" featuring walking and bike paths and next to the Sheraton is the about-to-be christened tallest building in Korea (NEATT) and the convention center. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. In particular, Alicia Kim in the club level provided outstanding and friendly service that went above and beyond our expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that face the Incheon bridge for great sunsets.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bayi
jp0952, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Incheon Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Dear Bayi,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and pleased that you enjoyed your stay, the service of our staff and the great view of Incheon Bridge from your room.
Your positive comments will be passed onto our team and the associate which you mentioned Alicia.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to Sheraton Incheon Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Alain Rigodin
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Great hotel, located next to Songdo Park which is ideal if you want to go for a run in the morning. The hotel offers excellent service, and the rooms that I have stayed in so far have always been spacious and clean. Especially the bath room, fitted with a rain shower, is very nice. One word of advice though: do not take a room close to the elevator shafts, as throughout the night you will hear noise of the elevators passing your floor. Breakfast is extensive and high quality, and the hotel offers three restaurants, all offering great food at reasonable prices. If you have to be in Incheon or the Incheon free trade area, then I would definitely recommend this hotel. If you plan a (holiday) visit to Seoul then this hotel is probably located a bit too far out.

Room Tip: Do not take a room close to the elevator shafts. The top floors are the so-called Executive floors...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your generous feedback on Sheraton Incheon Hotel.
Our ‘rainforest shower’ and spacious room is always our guest’s favorite. We are glad that you enjoyed it as well while you’re staying. Please visit Sheraton Incheon hotel again in near future. We will look forward to seeing you soon.