“Good hotel for layover”

Hotel Queen Incheon Airport
Ranked #8 of 108 Hotels in Incheon
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was only there for one night for my flight layover from the States to China. The free hotel pickup at the airport was very convenient and I didn't have to wait long. The short drive to the hotel from airport at late night didn't bother me at all. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel location was good as they got a lot of local restaurants and convenience stores within walking distance. The room size is also decent. Best of all, I paid a very reasonable price for my stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank WEBinHarmony

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Queen in Incheon for 3 nights. Their airport transfer service was efficient, with travel to and from the hotel and the Incheon International taking around 10-15mins. The property is quite small, but the staff are very welcoming and they go beyond their duty. I asked a personal favor from the reservations staff even before I arrived and they gladly obliged. At no cost. They provide a simple hot breakfast of sausages, 2 eggs (your choice), fried rice with some juice and coffee/tea. But walk-in guests may partake of this meal for a minimal fee.

During the rest of the day, you can heat up meals at the small dining area. They provide a microwave oven to cook/heat food, esp instant meals which you can easily buy from the numerous convenience stores surrounding the hotel.

They also have a pc in the lobby for guests who'd need to use the internet and do some business.

Seoul city proper is easy to get to from the hotel, especially via Unseo Station. Train travel takes around 45mins to get to Seoul Station in downtown Seoul.

The hotel rooms, meanwhile, remind me of a Korean house, wherein there is a small area before the main entrance to the house, where you leave your shoes and slip into house slippers. All the room floors are heated, including the bathroom, which is a major plus especially during Korea's harsh winters.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank psa_jl
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Queen using their day use package on a 12hr layover from New York to Auckland. Very glad we did; for the equivalent of under NZ$60 we had around 8hrs there, were able to sleep and wash (love that they have a bath) and it made our long flight from Seoul to Auckland so much better. We had their basic double room and it was very good for the price. Clean, quite comfortable, friendly staff and complimentary shuttle pick up and drop off. Behind the hotel we picked up food and snacks from a convenience store and grabbed a burger from a Loteria, and there are many local restaurants.
We got a little cold with only a standing heater to use, and soundproofing can be a little lacking, but we would definitely stay here again rather than use an overpriced and lesser quality in-airport transit hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Valentines14
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was a last minute booking that we made on arrival to Incheon Airport early morning.

The cost was very reasonable for 3 people sharing a suite hence why we decided to go with the recommendation from the extremely helpful airport information desk staff.

The hotel collected us from the airport in a shuttle mini bus which was convenient and fast - we were tired and jet lagged!

On arrival at the accommodation the check in process was straightforward and the receptionist was professional and worked quicky to get us sorted. We were given some information with regards to the room as well as payment options and we could pay seperately which was even better.

The room was brilliant - we have 2 queen size beds, a bathroom with jacuzzi, shower and sauna as well as 2 seperate toilets, seperate living room with a fully working computer and working area, 2 televisions as well as self cleaning toilets!! The most amazing factor had to be the underfloor heating throughout the room - this was awesome!

The accommodation is close by to many restaurants, most of which area Korean in taste however there are a few that offer some European/American style foods. I would recommend the Italian restaurant called 'Paul'. It is about 3 minutes walk from the hotel and the reception staff will gladly give you a map to show you - its simple! An average cost of a pizza is about 15000W which is about 7-8GBP. A large draught beer is 4000W which is about 3GBP.

Overall i would highly recommend this accommodation and the staff were ace!

The one down side is the accommodation has no eating facilities so this could be a problem for some if you are on a quick turn around.

I am a young professional visiting with 2 colleagues on a wintersun break.

Room Tip: As to be upgraded to a suite as they may have this available.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a one night stopover. We used the hotel transfer and asked the information desk at the airport to ring the hotel for us, and had to wait outside in the cold for about 20 minutes for the driver to arrive. The driver was looking for someone else, not us, but took us all the same. Transfer back to the airport the next day was no problem.

The hotel itself was comfortable, quiet and warm, with underfloor heating and steam shower. The staff were friendly and helpful. There was a good Italian restaurant around the corner and a Lotto Mart nearby, plus lots of local eateries. Breakfast wasn't included in the room rate but was okay for the price.

Overall, for the price, the hotel was just what we expected and gave us a little taste of South Korea.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PalmerstonNorth
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I booked a family suite for 16th Dec. As already been written before by others, the pick-up from airport can be improved. Called the hotel and told to move to pick-up location in 5 minutes. Waited ( in the cold) for more than 20 minutes and called again. I realized that the driver has forgotten to pick us up. Told to wait again and after another 15 minutes, he finally came.

The guy at the reception was apologetic and gave us an early check-in plus breakfast for free.

The surrounding is rather quiet and have plenty of choices for food. There is a Lotte Mart within walking distance. Breakfast the next morning is simple but good enough for us.

Would highly recommend for stopover but be careful when asking for airport pick-up. Check and check again to make sure the driver arrives.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben N
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The service is excellent, well worth the cost of the room. After my arrival at Incheon airport, I couldn't find the shuttle to the hotel for about an hour. An information desk representative told me where to go but I didn't really understand it. She actually called the hotel for me and told them I'm (still) coming/ trying so come, so by the way the Incheon airport information desk service is commendable.
When I finally understood the shuttle's pick-up spot, found the shuttle, thanked the driver a million times, and made it to the hotel, the hotel front desk staff said to me "We're sorry about the confusion so we upgraded your room to a suite." I paid for a deluxe room with 2 beds because I was planning to go with my friend, who ended up canceling. But I kept the room reservation, so when I arrived I unexpectedly had a suite to myself, including a jacuzzi tub and a huge-screen computer! Wi-fi is free and the connection is strong! I actually prefer to use my laptop and I can with free wi-fi and without a stupid annoying cable that never reaches to the bed. (I always like to lie down when I use my laptop) I never expected anything this much, especially having just come from Japan where you barely get what you pay double for! I even thought it was my own fault I didn't understand where to meet the shuttle, but the hotel staff compensated for that. Or maybe they just gave me the upgrade anyway because that's how good their service is.
Then I was of course hungry upon arrival, so the staff helped me so much with finding a restaurant, and even gave me a coupon to use there. It was a restaurant at another hotel right next-door. I'm vegetarian and the staff wrote for me in Korean language that we request to any restaurant staff that they prepare my order without meat, milk, eggs, cheese. (I have an "International Vegetarian Card" and it says "I'm vegetarian" in about 20 or 30 languages, but not including Korean, unfortunately)
I don't know how to speak or understand Korean language, though I do know how to read it, and I know a few other languages.
The front desk at this hotel is absolutely excellent. The rooms are great, well I guess, because I have a suite! It has couches and a coffee-table in addition to small closet, big shower room with steam shower, and jacuzzi jets in the bathtub. I highly recommend staying in this reasonable, great-value hotel as long as you possibly can, especially after travel!

Room Tip: Just try reserving a deluxe room with 2 beds, then keep the reservation after your traveling partner...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo