“Food poisoning?...”
Review of Donsadon

Donsadon
Ranked #10 of 7,518 Restaurants in Jeju
Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

I add a “?” to this review because my husband and I ate together and he didn’t get sick afterward, but I was up half the night clearing my system. The only things I ate that he didn’t were: onions, kimchi, and the spiced seaweed. I didn’t eat anything else around that time or after dinner, so it was definitely something at the restaurant. So, make your assessments accordingly, but I would personally never go back.

Giving this place a 3 still because I did enjoy the black pork (though I wouldn’t recommend eating the slab of fat that is served along with its meatier parts). Paid 54,000 won after the server asked if I want black pork or not. Seems there are only 2 pre-fixed menu options.

Wait time was long—45 minutes for a table on a weeknight, though it was the day after Korean New Year. Tons of locals.

There is no English signage at this restaurant, so be prepared to look for 3 Korean characters that look something like the following picture. And steamed up windows with people lining up.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 11, 2019 via mobile

fast service. But the servers not all are friendly. No English menu, food is quite expensive and overhyped pretty normal. Its a place filled with alot of smoke and gave me a terrible headache just smelling it from outside as no smoke piping facility. Everyone smells smoked after entering.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 6.30 and waited for an hour to get seated. Lots of locals and minimally tourist so I guess it's really good? Ordered 2 pax worth of black pork, kimchi jjigae (not recommended) and 1 rice to share. The meat is really tender filled with natural sweetness! But the BEST part is the pork belly served at the end, goes best with rice! Better to let it grill longer as the server keeps asking us to eat before it was charred. Just let it grill longer for the best taste!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Back here to eat real good quality black pork unlike other resturants. Their kimchi stew was good for a cold weather in autumn. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

refused to enter.
just because i am solo.
before 5 clock, only few people are there.
very disappointed. i ride a long taxi to get there.

Date of visit: September 2018