“exceptionally good beef, service could improve”
Review of Sunny Garden

Sunny Garden
Ranked #4 of 7,558 Restaurants in Jeju
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

May not be your best choice in Jeju unless you speak Korean, and even then since our hosts did - the service was slow and the effort to call a taxi at the end unnecessarily complicated. Don't count on their shuttle service. Still, the food, especially the wagyu (or Korean equivalent, I wasn't clear on the translation) was exceptionally good, as were the many side dishes.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank ggm96822

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

Good variety of Hanu Beef (korean beef) with a lot of appetizers.
We chose set good enough for 3-4 pax (yes we were very hungry) and food was served fast, with loads of small dishes and meat was great.
Service is a bit stiff but not unfriendly. Prices are high, approx 50.000krw per person but food is good.
Would go again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed October 23, 2017

This restaurant appears to be popular with the local working executives. The price is on the high side but you get what you pay for. We enjoyed the marbled meat (may select from local Korean meat or Australian for same price).

The staff are attentive and we don't really need to call them to top up the banchan. There are staff who could speak some English and the menu is in English. So ordering is not an issue here.

Worth a visit if you are in the area (it is not far from Mysterious Road and Love Land).

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank MohdC44
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

We, a couple, decided to have dinner at Sunny Garden after reading the positive Trip Advisor reviews. We ordered Korean beef platter at KRW90,000, beef tartare at KRW25,000, and cold noodle at KRW7,000. The beef platter came in a large portion. Although the meat was not as tender as Wagyu beef in Japan, it was full of flavours. The beef tartare, which was mixed with shredded Korean pear, was very delicious. The cold noodle served as cool-down on the taste buds after the grilled beef. The service was impeccable. The price was reasonable in view of the quality. Recommendable!

Date of visit: August 2016
2  Thank VickyA985
sunnygarden1112, オーナー at Sunny Garden, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our service.
I hope you had a lot of good memories from this trip in beautiful Jeju island.
We always do our best to be best restaurant for you.

Thank you very much.

Representative Jung-joon Kim

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Overprice, Low level Beef, Bad Services, Stress Atmosphere, No English, Stay away
It’s really hard to get all those at one place.
1. Called before arriving to check until when they open, they said 23:30.
2. Arrive at 21:10, the front door lady looked at her clock, did an ugly\angry face and then go back and force, until she finally did me a favor for letting me in. (at this point I didn’t understand why she did it)
3. Then got a menu, after exactly 5 min, she came again pointing at her clock rushing me to order, somehow I understand from her signs that I have only 10 min. so I order right away.
4. Any question in English regarding the menu or anything else was just a waste of time.
5. I order beef sirloin, which rated as 42,000 KRW for 180g (40$) and rise “soup” at 10,000 KRW
6. Got a cheap meat that I could get on any street kiosks and rise with literally 100% no taste at all (like rise from the bag on water) so this isn’t subjective as every person has his tast , this one have really none, hand no option rather to left it un touched.
7. The waiter keeps coming every 2 min to handle the meat on the grill, even that I told her and sign her that I’m manage to do it by myself.
8. All the stuff behavior was really stressful, they were running all over, talk to one another by shouting, makes lots of noise from the kitchen and also were busy at cleaning loudly the place.
9. The décor of the restaurant as well as the tools the waiters use more remind me a hospital or a cheap American dinner, certainly no above average or fine dining restaurant at those prices, attach pictures.
10. Finally, got the bill, 54,000 KRW for 1 person, 1 main with rise and soft drink, asked if I could pay at dollars or they prefer credit card, they except my 100$ bill, then I got change at got KRW but 4000 KRW were missing, it took me 10 min to explain the manager there that they gave less than they should. Finally, I got the right change.
The only good thing that I can say about this dinner is the grill in the middle of the table, but as this is a common practice at almost at any Korean restaurant, I don’t count it.

Date of visit: September 2016
5  Thank urisa2019
sunnygarden1112, オーナー at Sunny Garden, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable
We shouldn't been so loud for closing the restaurant
We apologize and promise for better service next time