“Enormous park, poorly maintained though”
Review of Jeju Stone Park

and up
UNESCO Day Tour in Jeju Island
Ranked #17 of 147 things to do in Jeju
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Admission fee: 5000 won each.

Went during Feb 14 which is winter. It was snowing where we were there and everything was covered with snow!

The whole park is really huge! If you want to walk slowly and understand everything, it might take 2 hours or so. Most of the signboards are covered with icing and snow and we couldnt read it at all to understand.

Of the whole time that we were there, we see no one at all until the end, we saw 1 person.

A place to go if you want to relax and have a nice walk or if you are really interested in history and stones..

1  Thank JaniceSoh

Reviewed January 22, 2014

After reading the reviews i was a bit reluctant about visiting the park but i am glad i did. I only wish i had more time to see everything, like all the small trails leading to the folk villages at the far back. This is not just for people who are history buffs, this park can be enjoyed by anyone who appreciates nature and quiet, peaceful walks. It is a windy area so be prepared if visiting in cool seasons. For only ~$5 this is a nice park to spend a few hours if you want to slow it down and be in nature.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The grounds are HUGE! It felt like a nature forest walk, a geography and history field trip all rolled into one.

I don't know if it's windy there all the time, but when we were there, it was freezing when the wind blew when we were in the shade.

We had a tour guide who explained the various rock features and how/why people carved the stones for use in the past. But honestly, I was bored after awhile. This place had rocks/stones galore. Considering that there are so many other things to see/do in Jeju, I would give this place a miss.

1  Thank holplanner
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Too big n all along on yr own,

Some exhibits are not well maintained. Video inside seems not working. Unless you like stone, u may consider to skip and try others

Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you are interested in the history and culture of Jeju island, and of Korea, then I would recommend spending an hour or two at this park. If you aren't, or are expecting something more exciting, skip it. For me, who lives in Korea and is already familiar with much of Korean history, I wish I had gone elsewhere. True to previous reviews, it was beautiful, but so is most of Jeju, and there are many other places more beautiful than the park itself.

Overall: if you don't care about the history behind the park, it's 2 hours of looking at rocks.