“Excellent restaurant providing very delicious islamic halal food”

Rajmahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 7,292 Restaurants in Jeju
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Rajmahal indian Restaurant located in Jeju Island in South korea this restaurant near from Jeju airport about 10 minuts by taxi this Restaurant located at Jeju city(Jeju-si)down town call Sin Jeju Jewon Sagari call the taxi
“Excellent restaurant providing very delicious islamic halal food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I like it so much but unfortunately we knew about it only in the last of our trip but I highly recommend it for others strongly

• Visited April 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jeju, South Korea
“Addicted”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have spent far too much of my paycheque eating at Rajmahal. The owners are great and food is authentic. Order the prawn curry, garlic naan, and basmati rice. When I move away from Jeju, I will crave this place for years to come. Thanks, Raj!

Visited July 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good food.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

After a week long of varied cuisines, we were overjoyed when we were informed by our hotel that there were 2 Indian restaurants in Jeju City. We immediately got into a cab and started the 50 km odd journey from Seogwipo to Jeju city - our driver informed us that this place was better than Bagdad and that most people eat at Rajmahal. We took him up on his word and decided to eat here and we were not disappointed, albeit we had to tell the waiter to ensure that the food is spicy and Indian style a couple of times and were worried if he had not got the message. I tried the non veg thali and the wife the veg thali. The food was good, the portions just about right for us (though as JejuBrit mentioned, it did leave us craving for more). Anyhow, subsequent to this ate at the Agra and Om Srishti at Seoul (separately reviewed) and clearly the naan here is the best. Soft, crisp, thin and just the way its meant to be.

All in all, if you have a craving for Indian Indian food, you will not be disappointed. The only semi grouse I have is the menu says that the thali offers a sweet. This is nothing but sweet dahi/ curds. I have eaten in Indian places across the globe and sweet there has always meant something more substantial than curd (like a gulab jamun or a rasgulla). Felt a little cheated but not so much that I will not visit this place again. :)

• Visited November 2012
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Fantastic food, smallish portions, service efficient but lacking warmth.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been to Raj Mahal three times now and I agree with the other reviewers that the food is generally excellent as long as you specify 'Indian Style' to the waitstaff. The chef understands that this means 'authentic Indian' versus the slightly sweeter/less pungent Koreanised version.

The menu is well priced but the portions are a little on the small side especially the curries. It leaves one wanting more which is I suppose a good thing:)

Service is very variable depending on who serves you. On the one occasion when I met the Indian (owner I presume) the service was amazingly warm, hospitable and he went out of his way to recommend food/chat with us. However, the other two occasions we got the hired help who spoke very basic English and weren't able to recommend or explain the menu to us. They also did not engage in any banter/chatting with the tables. They simply took the order efficiently and re-emerged with the food (very efficiently).

I agree with the previous reviewer that Poppadums should be on the table within 5 minutes of sitting down along with the lime/yoghurt/onion and other dips for the poppadums. In addition I think this place should ban K-Pop which was blaring out of the speakers two of the three occasions we visited. In my book an Indian restaurant should have an Indian atmosphere be it Bollywood themes, traditional Indian music or even Indian pop music but not K-Pop (no offence to K-Pop which I enjoy in other settings).

Finally, I would say that Raj Mahal is the best Indian restaurant on Jeju but there are only two that I know of. Biggest plus point is the food which is delicious. Biggest minus is the atmosphere/service which should be made warmer/friendlier/more authentic in my view.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank SaigonBrit
Odessa, Texas
“Good Indian food but small portions”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I had the Solo set lunch for 15000 won which included a Tandoori chicken leg, chicken tiki masala, yogurt, naan bread and a salad with water. The portions were small but the quality of the food was good and the atmosphere is pleasant on the second floor of the main street in downtown Je Ju City.

• Visited January 2012