“Very cosy room with a seaview to boot”

Ocean Suites Jeju Hotel
Ranked #7 of 157 Hotels in Jeju
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Love the relaxed and country-side atmosphere in Jeju island. This is topped off with a great stay at Ocean Suites Jeju Hotel. It is very rare for hotels with hardwood flooring, which gives the room a very homely feel. The seaview with the strong waves can look scary at times but the view is great. Breakfast is also a very pleasant experience, although the dining area at level 2 is a bit small. Guests can also grab a good variety of snacks and chilled Jeju orange flavored sjoju (Korean rice wine) at the convenience store in the hotel.

All in, this is the best hotel stay during my recent trip to Korea. In my opinion, it even beat the more expensive 5-star hotel I stayed in Seoul.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dnsy

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed in Ocean Suites Deluxe Twin Room for 3Nights.The room was very big and spacious with 2 LCD tv,shower was good too.Location wise,we liked the E Mart just a few minutes walk away and the seafood restaurants behind the hotel were good too,even though the prices are higher.The hotel is also about 20min walk away from Yong Daum Rock and the route is a nice coastal walk.We are also a short walk away from Jeju city shopping district.In all,even though the room rates is not cheap,its worth the price.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank SungKY
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We just got back from our trip to Jeju. We stayed for 2 nights in this hotel at the Family Room consists of twin beds and ondol. The hotel looks very classy and modern, I heard it was built very recently in 2010 so everything was very clean and bright. We chose the mountain view so it was slightly cheaper than the sea view, but to us it doesn't matter because we closed the curtain most of the time and were not in the whole day.

The location is great: it's in Jeju City although we took ferry and got off at Seongsan Harbor which is about 40-50 min. away. There's e-mart a few blocks away and it's very helpful for dinner and buying souvenirs (there're cheap souvenir shops on 4th and 5th floors) and Mc'D about 100 m away. Other Korean restaurants nearby are expensive and somewhat not tasty (coming from Jeolla province where Korean food taste is at its best, it's difficult to find similar taste anywhere else across the country). Nearby attraction like Yongduam is just a few minutes drive away from the hotel. We didn't get breakfast, but it didn't matter because we could eat McMorning breakfast at nearby McDonald's which was far more cheaper.

The room is spacious, very big, my husband and I slept on the ondol floor. The bathroom is a bit small, although the room itself is very big. The wall is a bit thin, I guess, because I could hear people talking from outside.

The service was okay, it was speedy but not much courtesy. We didn't mind about this much since we didn't really need anything but a good night sleep. Overall it was a nice experience. we hope we could stay longer. For such a price and a big room, it was worth it. We hope we could come back and stay again here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed there for two nights in rainy days with a group of families. Our rooms are moderate size but very clean and with everything in there. The ocean view was nice despite the weather. There is a convenience store down on the first floor. Staff are friendly, don't speak very good English but suffice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I won't repeat what other reviewers have said re location and amenities. It's a clean, functional 4 star-ish hotel which is more than adequate.

Absolutely loved the buffet breakfast which incoporated lots of local seafood into their dishes including spaghetti vongole, squid ink bread and abalone rice porridge. Good selection of Western and Korean items. They had freshly made yoghurt, jams and herb butter. Importantly (for me!), there was a coffee machine (and warm milk too). I've eaten my fair share of buffet breakfasts over the last 30 years or so. Although this buffet isn't showy with cooking stations etc it sticks in my mind as one of the best in terms of quality, thoughtfulness, use of fresh ingredients and service. Definitely more fun than your cookie-cutter 5-star breakfast.

We stayed in a family room facing the promenade. The room was huge and more than adequate for the 4 of us. Very clean. Only issue was with noise. There was some singing at the promenade at night which sounded like it was right inside our room. Stopped at about 11pm I think. Good thing kids were tired and it didn't affect their sleep.

Overall we were satisfied and would recommend. Didn't make it to the underground shopping nearby but we heard it was good.

Restaurant tip: don't leave Jeju without going to Mint Restaurant on Phoenix Island. Divine views and food.

Room Tip: Don't face the main promenade if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Beach-chicken
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed in this hotel for two nights.

On the positives. The hotel is located along the coast about 10-15 mins car ride from the Jeju international airport. We have a sea view which is good. Service staff are generally friendly and helpful other than their lack of English communication skills.

On negatives, I think the maintainence is abit lacking as we experienced water choking in the bathroom. The worst in particular is choking of the toilet bowl. We had a rude shock one morning as we saw water overflowing from the toilet bowl after my dad flushes it. The saving grace is a quick turnaround from the hotel staff after we called them. Other than that, we also experience water flowing out from the shower area, which cause the whole bathroom to be wet. Not a great feeling.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank YHTEO
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I spent 2 night there. The room is spacious with sea view. Jeju doesnt have good transportation so taxi ride can reach this hotel easily. Restaurants are in short distance, We tried some good korean food in a restaurant in 5 mins walk. There is a shopping lane in Jeju and it is close to the hotel too. No breakfast served but acceptable as it is seems a common understanding that no breakfast in Korea hotel.
drawback: I don't know how to control the warm air-con...it is seems central control so just on or off. I have waken in mid night due to too hot.....

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple