“Hardly Average - Even for Korea”
Review of Bagdad Cafe

Bagdad Cafe
Ranked #10 of 7,370 Restaurants in Jeju
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I can't really recommend going out of your way to visit Bagdad Cafe, and considering its location, tucked away in a narrow street in a quiet neighborhood of Jeju-si, any visit is likely to be out of your way.

The pleasant, warm atmosphere is really all this place has going for it. The food is sub-par, even by Korean standard. It's by no means bad, but if you've ever head authentic Indian food, you'll find the curry seriously lacking, as it is in every Indian restaurant that I've been to in Korea (mainly, in the Seoul metro area).

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is more of a cozy little bistro than a restaurant.
I love everything about this place. The atmosphere is fabulous and the food is awesome. The owners are Indians, they are very friendly, and speaks very good English.
We had the roasted chicken with spices and the lamb curry with nam, as suggested by the chef. Both the best Indian dishes I've ever had, and at a very affordable price, too!

1  Thank Joseph C
Reviewed July 7, 2012

the place is not luxury byt cozy, food was really great, nice surprise: they offer Shisha (hookah, nargile, ...) and even though not perfectly prepared, still a pleasant ecperience as you wouldn't expect to be able to smoke shisha in Jeju!,

1  Thank AnamGjaffari
Reviewed July 4, 2012

It took us some time to find the place because the restaurant is located in the alley. However, the curry and naan bread are worth the effort. Can't complain the food nor the price. Recommend the special set menu for two because you can have chicken tandori, curry and naan bread at one time.

1  Thank Polarbear_tw
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I recently visited Jeju Island with my Mom. To be honest I was pretty disappointed with the island itself (the weather was bad and the people were generally unfriendly) so I was pretty moody on the way to the restaurant. We had trouble finding the place so we gave them a call. Because we were still hopelessly lost however, they offered to come and find us which I thought was really kind:)

We were pleasantly surprized from the start. The restaurant is small but cosy with beautiful oriental decor. The atmospheer was relaxed and easy. Once we were seated the owner came over and offered to assit us with the menu and wine selection. I will admit the menu was rather limited but the food itself was fantastic!! We had dal curry and lamb curry with Naan bread - really very delicious!!! The owner even gave some tips on where to go to on the island. It really was a delightful evening and definitely worth trying while you are in Jeju!

2  Thank rpsolo