Arirang Hotel
Priceline
$111
$90
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I discovered this hotel inadvertently at the square in front of Busan Station (train station). I was so attracted by their price (W39000@) for single room. Upon my request, they were kind to allow me to view the room before I decided to stay for 3 nights totally.

Hotel in and out is very tired, dim, not pleasant looking, especially as compared with the Tokyo Inn just next to it. But all these are compensated and actually exceeded by its good: room very spacious, bed clean comfortable though floor and furniture not looking very clean, I didn't feel any unpleasant odour as other reviewers said, quiet with double glass window, staff friendly eager to help, location excellent with lots of taxis downstairs, right next to train station and also subway station (exit no. 6) , feel safe. By subway, can reach Jagalchi Market in 10 mins (2 or 3 stations away) and Haeundae in 45 mins.

There is a karaoke on the basement. There is also a wedding venue on the top floor and I met so many dressed up guests at the lobby on Sunday. It's interesting.

I am very satisfied with this hotel and happy to come back again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank MissHK2009
Reviewed September 22, 2009

The location of Arirang just cannot be better, it's right outsaide the Buan train station, just an easy 1 min walk! Besides, the room rate is really cheap., the price does reflect the quality.

A few good things are that rooms are in good size, relatively quiet for the double window. Every room has a desktop computer equipped with broadband, that's amazing.

Now comes the bad things:

NO air-conditoner!!! (Only heater for winter)
Mouldy bathroom, unreliable water pressure
Smell of mildew inside room
Poorly maintained, full of dirt, rather sad looking

Verdict:

It'd be ok to stay for a very short period, that is if someone is on a very tight budget. Other than that, I do not recommend this hotel to anyone who expects the minimum basic for other such hotels, Absolutely not recommended for kids and romantic couples.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank la_speranza
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Although this hotel is very old and worn out it has a great location to the Busan Station and is cheap. We were able to have 2 rooms for 72,000won and one had a computer.
There was a funny smell to the rooms but they both had opening windows so we just aired the room both days! Very large rooms and bathrooms.
There may be undesirable nightlife activities occuring in this district but the same happens in any big city.
We were not concerned with our safety at all. We were just aware that we needed to keep a close eye on our daughter!
Hotel staff were friendly an helpful and speak English along with several other languages.
The Hotel could really do with a good clean, and refurbishment but as a budget hotel it was OK helped spread the holiday budget out.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Local57
Reviewed February 9, 2009

This place we went to becuase it was the first place we found in Busan right outside of the Busan Train station. It was the cheapest place on our trip trhough Korea. It was a little bit disconcering when we entered the elevator and went up to the room as every was dark and very old lookin. When we got into the room the it had a wierd smell but it was GIGANTIC. t had to be have been one of the larger rooms we had our whole trip. Later that evening i took a shower and one of the towels had blood all over it which was a bit dissappointing. This place is not bad just not great.

There was a red light in the room. It wasnt until later that i realized the purpose of this. Behind the hotel was an alley full of brothels. A few days later it hit me.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Chiefstingy
Reviewed October 21, 2007

i booked that hotel by hotelclub,but after i arrived at the hotel ,the receptionist said that they were no relation with any internet booked so they gave me the new rate,because the rate was lower than the previous rate i booked through the internet ,i accepted that offered without complain,but the terrible things started to happen,my room at 6th floor and after i took elevator and went straight to my room,i started feel weird because the hotel door was very old,and the situation in the hotel alley was very gloomy and the carpet was in red and looked very old,after i entered the room,it was surprised me because ,the the room smelled very bad and the bed was not like many hotels bed ,but it was like a bed in the horror movie,so i decided not to slept at this hotel at night ,but just put my bag in there and looked for another hotel to slept,slightly not reccomended,the plus one the situation was perfectly good next to busan station

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank erwin_eli