“Good hotel for business”

Hotel Commodore Busan
Ranked #31 of 136 Hotels in Busan
Holland
“Good hotel for business”
Reviewed November 23, 2007

This was the second time we stayed at the Commodore in Busan. The check-in was a bit messy and the staff was not too friendly. Eventually, they managed to get us checked-in.

The room is spacious with two beds. My TV was broken, but somebody came in the next day to fix it. The rooms in Korea are always too hot for westerners visiting. The A/C is preset on 26 degree, no matter what time of year.

Internet is fast and free and works without any hassle. There is a mini-bar and a bottle of complementary mineral water.

Bathroom was small but clean with all necessary amenities. The view is spectacular if you are facing the Busan harbour / bay. Make sure you ask for a room with a view towards this harbour.

Breakfast is good, with eggs or omelets cooked to order and a pretty complete buffet. Parking in the hotels parkhouse is free if you stay in the hotel.

The hotel is walking distance from the wholesale market, a nice area where everything is for sale and which houses a large number of restaurants.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 2, 2007

I think this hotel might be owned by the same people who operates the Chosun Commodore Hotel in KyungJoo, South Korea. I had the exact same problem in this hotel as I had in the Chosun Commodore Hotel in KyungJoo one day earlyier. So my review for this hotel is almost the same as the one I left for the Chosun Commodore Hotel in KyungJoo. Here we go. By reading reviews by others from various web sites, I knew somewhat about this place and got comfortable before I reserve a room. However, I made a big mistake ignoring one of the reviews saying that the room does not get cool (I thought it was an isolated case.). WOW, I could not believe a five star hotel with a very reputable name in the area presets a room temp. to 23-24 degree Celsius (75.2 Fahrenheit). In late June, outside temp was high 80s and very muggy. I was miserable and felt very sorry to my two young ones and my wife. Everything else was fine, sort of, because we do not stay in the hotel room that much when we travel anyway. In other word, we are not asking for much from hotel operators, therefore I hate it more so when the hotel operators are trying to cut corners. In short, it is a good hotel for the money, but I will not stay in this hotel again, for the fact that I was so uncomfortable and miserable due from the room temp. issue. I go out on family trips very often and I refuse to be uncomfortable during the trips. My family trip to Busan was so good and enjoyable even with the hot and muggy weather, except I was miserable while I was in the hotel room. I still can not believe the hotel presets the room temperature to make a few extra bucks.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — A/C-room will not get cool to get comfortable
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank kathmandu109

Travelers are raving about these Busan hotels