“Terrible room. Staff is friendly.”

Popcorn Hostel Busan Station
Ranked #39 of 221 Specialty Lodging in Busan
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The room is terrible. I stayed at the couple room with private toilet. The room is very small and without window. It just fits the sofa bed that they provided and two luggage and no space is left to let us stand. The toilet is even worse, the width is the size of one person. There is no hanger in the room (Where should I hang my clothes???). The so called 'Towel' they provided is just two pieces of face towel per person.

The next day, request to change to the next room which is bigger and with window. The window is without curtains or blinds, so it is bright during our sleep. It is also facing the street, you will hear many bus/car engine sound. There is a device which suck the water that generated by the air conditioner, it will make very loud sound when the motor is running for sucking the water out every hour, which make us did not have a good sleep. Why they don't let the water flow out of the room?

The staff is friendly and helpful. Location is just few steps walk from Choryang subway station exit 1. These are the only good thing for the guesthouse.

Not value for money, 70k won for this kind of room is totally unacceptable. For this amount of money, you can have far better choice than this guesthouse. NOT RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I spent there night with my boyfriend. The hostel are very nice, clean and feels like your home. At that time there were more than 10 people. We had dinner together and we spent long time at the roof just to have fun and drink. So it was great time. The workers are very kind and try to help you with everything what you need.

Really recommend.

Hana

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed here overnight while I was in transit to Seoul and it's a wonderful place! It's very clean, affordable, modern and centrally located. The staff members are very kind, hospitable, and helpful to travelers: they upgraded us from a dorm room to a private room. The beds are comfortable: I was happy to finally have a softer mattress and good rest (as many hostels and guesthouse mattresses in South Korea are very hard box-spring styled). The location is right by the metro (one stop from Busan Station), so you can easily explore Nampo-dong and other parts of Busan. The area has a lot of restaurants and a lively little international district, so there is a lot to see close by as well. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

As other reviews have mentioned, the location of this hostel is excellent. It's very near to the metro station and it's just 10 minutes walk to Busan Station. You can find convenient stores and some nice restaurants nearby, as well as a traditional Korean market which sells interesting goods. The environment of the hostel is wonderful. Chic and stylish decorations, plus a rooftop which you can have good times and nice chats with friends and people you meet here. I'm staying in a single room with private bathroom. The room was small, as expected, yet very cozy, tidy and clean. In case you are considering rooms with shared bathroom, you don't have to worry, the shared bathrooms are very nice, too. Most important of all, the staff here are super sweet and nice, they offer every help you need, and I was treated so well that I feel like this is my home in Busan. If I'm visiting Busan again, this hostel will definitely be the first and only choice of accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jetseecar
Reviewed July 17, 2013

First, the location is really great, it close Busan station. We really enjoy the feeling of the Popcorn hostel, even we travel to another countries in Korea we still miss there. The manager, Jay, is really nice. He helped us to plan our trip and gave us better suggestions, to made us can have a wonderful time in Busan. Popcron Hostel Busan station is the best choice when you want to travel in Busan. They have kindly services, clean environment and most important is there just like your own home.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnneChan18
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Actually, popcorn hostel is quite new. It's just like your home. I stayed there for five days. First day, because my luggage is really heavy, the manager, Jay helped me to carry it form first floor to third floor. He is really nice guy, no matter his attitude and service. Most important of all, he held a party for us. I really like this atmosphere, the manager, Jay is just like our relations. If you live in popcorn hostel, you will never regret visit there. In short, don't worry about the environment of popcorn is not good, I can tell you guys, NO WORRY to live inside.

Room Tip: There are some room no personal toilet, if you don't like share toilet with other people, I thin...