“Love the trip in Busan because of this hotel”
Review of Park Hyatt Busan

Ranked #2 of 156 Hotels in Busan
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I travelled last summer with friends in Korea and stopped by Busan from Jeju to Seoul. The whole trip we stayed in Hyatt hotels, hyatt regency jeju and Grand/Park hyatt Seoul, Park hyatt Busan. To be honest, Busan the city itself is a bit....boring haha but this hotel is outstanding.

Staffs are very very friendly and helpful. because we are not familiar with train schedule of Busan to Seoul, staff helped us a lot to check. hotel locates close to city center with tremendous harbor view. Concierge is not fluent with english but he called his colleagues and draw a very clear map to us. there is also a convenient store next door, easy to buy some snacks and drinks.

cakes in pastry shop of ground floor very delicious, that is "Hyatt style" famous for Food and Beverage, right? oh..p.s. on the day we checked out, GM of this hotel helped us grab the cab and supervises concierge staff help with our luggages. very impressed

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank kecai
Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night including bf. The room was remarkable with incredible view of the kwangAn bridge and nice facilities.. The room type was the best as far as remembered, the room was divided by bed room, living room, corridor etc. Nice. But the hotel lobby and lounge are the top floor makes people going up and down complicated..and the breakfast was bit disappointing..ordered omelet..it was a disaster being very solid. The food in buffet was fresh but not vary.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank freelh2
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed the room and views. I am sorry to hear that your Breakfast experience was not up to your standards. i believe when you return you will see a difference in the offerings and service.

We looking forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Busan in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had so many experiences staying at many hotels in the world. Through all my experience, I can guarantee you that Park Hyatt Busan is the best!
Great location, BEAUTIFUL view both day and night!
Even all staffs are so kind and helpful~ They always give me the excellent service beyond my expectation!
Also it is newly opened in Busan area, you can enjoy excellent quality and unique rooms!
moreover, it has wonderful facilities such as indoor swimming pool with great view, nice spa as well!
You won't be bored while you stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Grace C
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Park Hyatt Busan.
I am so happy to ready that you enjoyed your time and stay with us. Thank you very much for your kind comments on the staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Busan in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed with my 20 month old daughter and was very satisfied with every single things I've been through in this hotel.
The room had an amazing view with the Gwang-an(?) bridge, spacially at night. Of course the room itself was very clean and neat even spacious. I liked the amenities as well :)
My girl who loves to swim had fun at the swimmg pool. It was not that big but very cozy.
The restaurant prepared special tableware for my little girl_felt very baby friendly.
I also enjoyed afternoon tea set at the lobby lounge. It was quite nice too.
With my own car, the shopping center was only 5 min. away from the hotel.
For me, it was one of the best hotel I've ever stayed. I definately will stay again next time and also recommend who's going to visit Pusan.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Dobry19
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed the facilities in the hotel in particular the guest rooms and there wonderful features and views I am also very happy to read that your enjoyed our wonderful afternoon tea set at the lounge.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Dec 2013 - This is my third visit to the Park Hyatt Busan this year and it's become my favorite hotel in Busan! It opened in February, and is the most beautiful in the Park Hyatt chain that I've been to so far and beats out its partner in Seoul.

It's located right next to the bay in Haeundae Marine City and every room in the hotel has a view of the ocean or yacht club. If you're coming from the airport, it takes about 50 minutes on the shuttle and costs 7,000won. The lobby and concierge is located on the 30th floor with the hotel lounge, and the concierge will escort you down to your room personally to make sure that everything is in order - a nice touch!

The rooms are fantastic with floor to ceiling windows and awesome views! They are quite large and the beds are extremely comfortable. The sitting area is nice, as is the modern but minimalist decor. The bathroom has to be the most beautiful part of the room with an all-granite finish, beautiful soaker tub with TV, huge rain shower, and great bath amenities. There is also free wifi all around the hotel, which is a bonus.

The pool is beautiful with huge deck chairs, complimentary water and access to the sauna. I had a morning workout at the gym as well, and the trainers are really helpful. All the staff at the hotel speak English well, but since I spoke Korean, that was definitely more comfortable. It has to be one of the most beautiful pools at any hotel in Korea, and is definitely on par with the WETpool at W Seoul Walkerhill. I haven't tried the spa, but I'm sure it would be wonderful as well. The only thing to note is that they don't have a changing area on the pool level other than the washroom, so keep that in mind. It seems a little odd to me though.

Dining is fantastic! I've tried all the restaurants and lounges in the hotel both on this and previous visits. Living Room, on the 31st floor, is casual and has everything from a smoked salmon appetizer to a perfect panini and delicious pasta. There are also great Korean dishes as well, and the prices are on par with a luxury hotel but not over the top. I had lunch at Dining Room (32nd floor), which is set-menu-only at lunch time. The menu was great, and the view even better as I was seated right beside the window. You can choose from a variety of starters, mains, and desserts to form exactly the meal you want. The food was great and the service, spectactular.

Overall, I've been to Busan many times and have been loyal to the Westin Chosun, but the tables are turning as I keep coming back to the Park Hyatt Busan. The service is fantastic (I'm a Platinum Member with Hyatt), location is great, and the hotel is 100% luxury! I wish that they had a Club Level, but that's something minor.

I hope you'll have a wonderful stay too! It's definitely a resort and vacation oriented property!
I've blogged my stay, and many others, in detail here:http://bliss-seoul.com/2013/12/01/a-winter-getaway-at-park-hyatt-busan-i/

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor will have a better view of the yacht club - ask to make sure that your room...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank AustinF93

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed the facilities in the hotel in particular the guest rooms and there wonderful features and views. Thank you for your loyalty and for coming to visit us on 3 occasions.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband is a Diamond Member so he wanted to check out this hotel. He travels extensively for business so he has status in other hotel chains so I am comparing the experience of being a Diamond member versus SPG (Starwood).
Service - upon arrival the doormen did an excellent job opening the cab door - but failed to notice I was struggling to get out with a baby in one arm, a diaper bag, another bag, and another toddler. He just stood there holding the door as the other two doormen did. My husband, who has a back problem, took out our suitcase, stroller, etc. out of the trunk himself and carried everything in into the hotel - by himself - as the doormen just stood there. So that was a minus for Park Hyatt.
Returning after dinner one evening - waiting for elevator with our stroller and what not. Two staff members were also waiting with luggage. Elevator comes - they go in first, there's not room for the stroller - they just go on ahead. Geez - someone needs to be re-trained - any other other would have let the customers take the elevator first.
Breakfast - great food - we ate there 3 days in a row but staff had to be reminded a few times to bring a children's setting. They remembered our faces but couldn't remember we needed children's wooden plates and utensils - even though I brought my two children each time. Aside from that, service was great.
On the bright side - the rooms are nice, very clean,nice view, great sound proofing (the W Walkerhill you can hear your neighbors) hence a good nights sleep.. the pool and sauna (small but cozy) was fine as well. And I should have noted the name of one staff member - front desk check-in, young man with thick black rimmed glasses - he was the ONLY hotel staff member in all of Korea (W Walkerhill, Sheraton, Banyan, etc.) that asked, "I noticed you understand a little bit of Korean. However, which language is more comfortable for you? English or Korean?" I wanted to give him a hug - now that was excellent service! Catering/empowering the customer :) Most Korean hotel staff just bull doze their way with Korean even if I tell them I can't understand beyond intermediate level.
Status benefits - SPG (depending on status - usually for Gold/Platinum) offer room upgrades, discount for spa services, etc. depending on location - goodie bags for children and even pets. Small, but nice incentives for us to choose SPG,
Park Hyatt - breakfast included..faster checkin and...that was about it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JH8080
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write to us and advising us on your stay at Park Hyatt Busan recently.

I was most embarrassed and disappointed to read about the incidences you have encountered when you arrived at the hotel and during your stay. I am very sorry for the lack of attention and sheer empathy that my staff should have shown to you when travelling with your children and husband. I will be handling this matter and retraining of the staff in this matter.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed the room and food quality. The front office staff you have mentioned is a wonderful member of our team and I will be sure to give him your wonderful feedback and acknowledge him as well.

I truly hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Yes, you know that Park Hyatt hospitality is always one of the best in the hotel chains. Cozy, friendly, charmy. Loved their modern rooms, spectacular views and conveniences. So nice SPA center with a number of fine facilities. Very good place for start of your day with excellent luxury breakfast ($42 per person), you'll enjoy the view over the bridge. Your best choice in the gorgeous city of Busan.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank alexzhdanov

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for providing us with your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found all facility to meet your needs.

I truly hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future.