Park Hyatt Busan
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$112
$95
$70
$42
1,114 results
All reviewsmarine citygwangan bridgele labohaeundae beachliving roomfloor to ceiling windowsfavorite hotelbeautiful hotelindoor poolocean viewrooms are spacioustaxi ridetop floorcentum citybusiness tripbuffet breakfastbeach area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed three nights in October 2013. The room was very comfortable and well equipped.
The staff are excellent.
My complaint is with the outrageous prices for everything after the room. Breakfast was $42. A cup of coffee in the lobby was $15.
I came away with the feeling of being gouged.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Nova_Scotian_guy
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Another excellent stay at the Hyatt in Busan, but with one complaint which I have detailed at the end of the hotel review.
Service from the staff was excellent as usual, they really do try to assist in anyway they can. There are a lot of younger staff working at this hotel, and their willingness to help guests is a credit to the way the hotel is managed.
We had one small issue regarding the room rate for three of our days we stayed there, but the night duty manager
Mr Mac sorted this issue out very quickly and in a very professional way, which made our stay even more enjoyable.
The room was as usual excellent , we could find nothing to complain about . Next time we stay, we plan to take an Ocean View room, but the Marina view rooms are still excellent.
This time we did have a meal in the dining room , the food & the service , was very good, and even price was not so high as you would think at such a high class hotel.
The location of the Hyatt is not on the beach front, but this is only a very short taxi ride away, for approx $ 5. The major shopping malls are even closer, and would cost approx 3 or 4 $ by taxi.
The Hyatt in our opinion is definitely the best hotel in Busan. Staying here would be an excellent choice.

The negative
We stayed in Busan to shop and see the huge fireworks display, which I highly recommend anyone to see.
Unfortunately all hotels, cafés etc, anywhere that offers a good and comfortable view of the fireworks, all of these places want to charge very high prices to sit and enjoy the show, and the Hyatt was no exception.
$500 minimum charge, which included food and drinks, for a table for 3 at the window in the dining room during the firework show . Too expensive. Perhaps for non residents, yes, but guests should not be asked to pay so much.
As a paying guest at the hotel we should have been able to enjoy this privilege at a very much reduced price and not expected to pay nearly $500.
I think in future for the firework festival in 2014, the Park Hyatt needs to find someway to provide paying guests a means of viewing the show from the restaurant at a reduced rate.
The paying guests who stay there on a regular basis should be taken into consideration.
That being said, viewing the fireworks display from outside the hotel was still a very enjoyable experience, but having the option to sit in comfort in the dining room would also have been nice.

Still I don't hold it against the hotel for carrying out this practise, as every other place anywhere on the sea front were doing the same .

We will just need to book an Ocean View room next time and order room service and watch the fireworks in perfect comfort.

Even taking this one negative into account, I still would highly recommend staying there if you plan to go to Busan.

Room Tip: Consider an Ocean View room, they are not so much more expensive than the marina view. There is also a very good steak house right next to the hotel, we had food there and it was excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MRK1960
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write another review on Park Hyatt Busan.
I am very happy that Mr. Mac Hur was able to resolve the issue in relation to room rate, but I do apologies for there being an issue to start off with.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the fireworks. I have taken your feedback in relation to hotel guests having a place to watch the fireworks inside the hotel and I will defiantly try and accommodate this next year. I really appreciate your loyalty to Park Hyatt Busan.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Busan in the future.

Park Hyatt Busan.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is the best Park Hyatt I have stayed in so far.

The layout of the room is very functional and everything looks and feels great. Bed is super comfy and room service was great although the menu is quite limited. View from the room is great and relaxing.

Location is great with many restaurants within walking distance.

This is my first trip to Busan and I loved it - I will definitely visit Busan again and of course, stay at the Park Hyatt.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ilovethebeach06

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I was so happy to read your comments on the hotel and to hear that you feel this is the best Park Hyatt you have stayed at. I am also so happy to hear that you enjoyed Busan.

We look forward to welcoming you back to park Hyatt Busan in the future.

Park Hyatt Busan.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just came back from a great stay at the Park Hyatt Busan. Thanks to a great "opening special" rate, we were able to enjoy this great property for a night. Together with another family with two kids we first had lunch in the "Living Room" that served affordable and tasty pasta. Luckily, the restaurant was almost empty with the exception of yet another family, so we did not feel that we were disturbing too much despite the presence of three toddlers!

After lunch, we headed out to explore the neighbourhood which has a couple of great playgrounds imported from Finland. Later, my wife and I returned for some G&T in the bar with a great view of the harbour from the 32nd floor. Despite that we made it obvious that our baby was sleeping in the stroller and we were the only guests at the time, they still turned on very loud music, luckily, we got them to turn it off almost immediately which was a relief so that we could enjoy the drinks.

In the evening, we made use of the pool which is very calm and relaxing (but thus, maybe not the best place for kids). The water temperature was good for swimming but a bit too cold for just being in the water.

Unfortunately, we had other plans for the morning so we had to skip the hotel breakfast, maybe not a terrible loss as it was pretty expensive anyhow. Overall, we were very happy with our room and the general service level.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rasmus K
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My stay was relaxing and refreshing. The decor, the service, the way everything worked, made it such a pleasant stay. Top marks to the staff who helped with every request. They were polite and friendly without being overfamiliar. They went out of their way to rig up my ipod to their bluetooth speakers, they helped me buy parma ham and didn't make me feel embarrassed about expecting there to be a place to change by the pool. The hotel is closer to the beach than I thought; you could actually walk, it's not ridiculously far, maybe 1km. Breakfast was lush, especially the almond croissants and yogurts. Highly recommend the suite with ocean view if you like looking at the sea from your bed! I am usually pretty good at finding faults with hotels but this one I struggle...perhaps the biggest fault was bringing cold milk for my coffee - we really are scraping the barrel! I say this only to illustrate how good the hotel was. Would happily return.

Room Tip: I stayed in an ocean view room n.b. this is not a view of the wide rolling ocean, rather of the bay and the bridge which crosses it. I think all rooms would offer some kind of view. The non-ocean view would still be pleasant - of the city, marina and hills.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank wre3

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am so happy to read your comments and that you had such a wonderful stay. I am very pleased to read the comments on the staff. I am very lucky to have such a great team.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.