“Great Hotel in Busan.”
Review of Park Hyatt Busan

Park Hyatt Busan
Ranked #2 of 155 Hotels in Busan
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Not the best Hotel we stayed and not the best Park Hyatt. But it might be the Best in Busan. We stayed at twin suite. The layout is not efficient. Triangle shape living room, a big pole in the room with mirror, I bumped into it twice! There is no toilet in the bathroom, you have to go to the living room for the toilet! Wifi is weak in the bedroom and bath room. Nice Gym and Swimming pool but no changing room/locker in the swimming pool. They ask you to change in your room! we give up swimming! Staffs are polite and helpful. Many restaurants within walking distance and minimart right next to the Hotel. Overall is a good Hotel but not the best we stayed!.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank happy12366
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am sorry that we did not quite live up to your expectations. The room comments are well noted and even though I cannot change the layout of this room I would recommend one of our Park Executive suites in the future.

I was very happy to hear the staff were helpful and polite.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Conclusion: Wow! Great hotel. Modern and fresh. Only downside is that it's 5-10min taxi ride to the beach. But other than that, it's a wonderful property.

This stay: 1 night. Location is not on the beach. But then it has the view! Check-in, check-out no issues. Lobby on highest floor and rooms on the bottom of it. Bar is great. Food quality is high. Room is awesome!

Pros: Rooms. Service. Style.

Considerations: Location 5-10min from beach.

No comment:

About me: East Asian male. Based in Hong Kong. Travels for business and pleasure 100 to 150 nights a year (mostly Asia). SPG platinum 75. Hyatt Platinum.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Room Tip: high and looking at ocean
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lifeadventurelove

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Lets start with the bad.... Hang on a second. There IS no bad, it's all so so good! It is officially THE BEST hotel we've lived in (apologies to the Hilton's , Crowne's or whatever else....)

The good-

Hotel & Amenities - we booked the promotional 'culture at the park' package - (read awesomeness) - 'park king' room (their basic' room, complimentary breakfast (option of 'in room') & city bus tour. First thing you notice - smiling faces (another section reserved for hospitality), clean hotel and fantastic location. Room - top class - 28th floor (of 29). Spectacular views of the Marina. Floor to ceiling glass windows. TV in the bathroom (which made it hard to get out of the tub - and the bath salts of course). Switches conveniently located next to the bed. Nespresso in-room. Built in travel adapters in 3 ports for all of us international travellers. Remote controlled blinds with 'blackout' mode. Spacious. Separate shower. Gadgeted toilet seat (maybe too much information for some). Complimentary bottled water daily. Rooms are quite and tucked away nicely and free (fast) wifi (for all you Facebook addicts)

I recommend getting bf included in your pkg, apart from a good spread (kind of variety you'd expect from any high quality hotel and you get nothing less) the bf area is fantastic with great views..

Hospitality - Mind blowing. Gosh staff is warm, friendly and willing to go an extra mile to make your stay comfortable. For all those non-Korean speaking ppl out there..don't stress. All of them are reasonably proficient and have good control over English. The staff who helped us with our luggage explained where all the buttons and power points are, etc. Bell boy accompanied us to a store close by to help us with language so we could buy a prepaid SIM card. Good tips on sightseeing..

Ok ok (all of you raising eyebrows) nothing in life is perfect --- the entrance & lobby is underwhelming, it's not the best bed we've ever laid our backs on and the swapping of lifts to get to your rooms takes a little getting used to, spa good but tad overpriced..but hey I'm just nit picking.

It something about this place..I think it's the warmth of the radiant staff that makes this place special for us and hope it does for you too..

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Neha_Kapoor

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. I am extremely pleased to hear the wonderful comments on my team. I am blessed to have wonderful staffs that are always willing to go the extra mile for all guests. I thank you very much for your comments.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have been travelling for business for 20 years so it takes something special to impress me but this hotel did. The room was fantastic and finished to a very high standard. The staff were exceptionally helpful even compared to the high standard shown by all hotel staff in South Korea.

I had some trouble finding it as my sat-nav was not up to date but that is not the hotels fault.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian N

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and thank you for the compliment as a regular traveler to hear your comments makes me very happy.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

In Seoul, I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Renaissance, TImes Square Courtyard Marriott, JW Marriott, and both Intercontinentals. The Park Hyatt Busan was the best by far. Granted, there are some other nice hotels in Seoul like the W and Shilla, but those are considerably more expensive for a basic room. The rooms at this hotel are awesome. Yes, the newness plays a significant factor, but the decor and layout are fantastic. I loved the electric curtains and the multiple shower heads, The hallways really set a nice mood as well, as it certainly impressed my girlfriend (hard to describe, you'll have to see it for yourself). The buffet breakfast was also excellent, particularly the orange juice. Nothing beats freshly squeezed OJ to brighten your day! Indoor pool and exercise room were also very nice. I didn't get a chance to try the spa but it does incur an additional fee. Location is amongst the very tall and impressive Ipark buildings, so that's another brownie point for the girlfriend. Awesome hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cosmo

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and that your girlfriend was impressed.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Park Hyatt Busan may be a bit off the beach, however, the location is still fantastic. Located within a newly developed area, this hotel is within minutes to numerous outdoor eateries, coffee shops and parks.

We stayed in a suite which had an amazing view of the bridge which spans across the channel. The floor to ceiling windows were fabulous. My only concern was the privacy shade could be lifted yet not the entire shade on one side in the living area. I'm guessing it had something to do with the close proximity of the neighboring building. If that is the case it is truly a shame. It didn't allow us to have as much sunlight into the room as we would have liked. This should be corrected if possible. I also think either the bellman or the reception girl should have showed us everything in the room. There were a lot of button which made it a bit difficult to figure out. I still couldn't figure out the WiFi bluetooth speaker in the bedroom???

The indoor pool was absolutely stunning. The design was amazing and felt very luxurious. The fitness center had some of the newest and best equipped machines I've seen while traveling. You even had the option to rent a paid of sneakers free of charge if you didn't have any. Well done!

Overall the hotel service and facility was typical of a Park Hyatt in Asia - amazing. I'd surely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SeoulRob

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

In relation to the shade, you are correct this has to do with the residential building next door. I understand your concerns however this is a privacy issue that we have to adhere to. I am sorry that you were not able to connect the Bluetooth speaker; I will review the instructions again and see if there is a better way to word them. The front office staff should have explained the room in more detail including all areas and I apologies for this. I will speak to my manager and have this corrected in the future.

Once again thank you so much for the feedback, I hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Really nice hotel for business travelers. Lots of international power outlets - at desk and at beside. Lovely floor to ceiling views of bay and marina. Exceptional room service breakfast and dining at hotel restaurant "Dining Room" was excellent too.

Room Tip: Bay/Bridge view was beautiful. Bridge is lighted at night and watching the sunset over the skyline...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Terri J

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. I appreciate the wonderful comments on Room service and Our signature restaurant Dining Room.