“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 136 Hotels in Busan
Singapore
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Park Hyatt Busan may be a bit off the beach, however, the location is still fantastic. Located within a newly developed area, this hotel is within minutes to numerous outdoor eateries, coffee shops and parks.

We stayed in a suite which had an amazing view of the bridge which spans across the channel. The floor to ceiling windows were fabulous. My only concern was the privacy shade could be lifted yet not the entire shade on one side in the living area. I'm guessing it had something to do with the close proximity of the neighboring building. If that is the case it is truly a shame. It didn't allow us to have as much sunlight into the room as we would have liked. This should be corrected if possible. I also think either the bellman or the reception girl should have showed us everything in the room. There were a lot of button which made it a bit difficult to figure out. I still couldn't figure out the WiFi bluetooth speaker in the bedroom???

The indoor pool was absolutely stunning. The design was amazing and felt very luxurious. The fitness center had some of the newest and best equipped machines I've seen while traveling. You even had the option to rent a paid of sneakers free of charge if you didn't have any. Well done!

Overall the hotel service and facility was typical of a Park Hyatt in Asia - amazing. I'd surely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SeoulRob
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

In relation to the shade, you are correct this has to do with the residential building next door. I understand your concerns however this is a privacy issue that we have to adhere to. I am sorry that you were not able to connect the Bluetooth speaker; I will review the instructions again and see if there is a better way to word them. The front office staff should have explained the room in more detail including all areas and I apologies for this. I will speak to my manager and have this corrected in the future.

Once again thank you so much for the feedback, I hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Marc von Arnim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Really nice hotel for business travelers. Lots of international power outlets - at desk and at beside. Lovely floor to ceiling views of bay and marina. Exceptional room service breakfast and dining at hotel restaurant "Dining Room" was excellent too.

Room Tip: Bay/Bridge view was beautiful. Bridge is lighted at night and watching the sunset over the skyline...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Terri J
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. I appreciate the wonderful comments on Room service and Our signature restaurant Dining Room.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Busan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a newly built hotel in the Marine City of Busan. Previously I had been staying in the Paradise Hotel but I have found a new hotel. This hotel has stunning views over the Gwangan bridge and is a beautiful area of Busan. Next to the Marina with nice seaview walks all around. The whole hotel, as you would expect being brand new is immaculately clean. The rooms are some of the best I have stayed in. I did not eat at the hotel. Location is about 5 min taxi away from the hustle and bustle of Haeundae Beach so perfect in my opinion but not too much around within walking distance.

Room Tip: Stay here and take a taxi to Haeundae Beach. Best hotel in Busan.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tobster3
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. Yes we are a short taxi ride from the Haeundae Beach but you can also walk along the wonderful footpath now that has been finished to the beach in about 20 min.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

hong kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

having stayed at a couple of park hyatt properties, park hyatt busan is no exception of delivering service excellency!
1/ located about 45 minutes from the airport
2/ room - my favourite minimalist design, spacious & comfortable beddings;
3/ great view;
4/ great location, just 15 minutes walk to haeundae beach; and
5/ room service - wish the menu offers more korean dishes

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ilovetravel-2010
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a great hotel. Brand new and clean. Service was impeccable. Located a bit away from the party scene of Haeundae Beach area, its near a newer area of the city, lots of brand new restaurants and little shops. But close to Haeundae area by 10 minute walk or very short cab ride. It's a bit hard to find as it blends in with the nearby new apartments, but that doesn't affect anything. It's a pricey choice, but your definitely getting what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K J
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on our hotel.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to provide you with the service and attention to details we strive to achieve.
My team and I are always trying to exceed expectations and ensure all our guests that stay with us have a truly memorable stay.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Pyeongtaek, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Elegant, modern, beautiful hotel with comfortable little rooms. And very helpful friendly staff. Very nice indoor pool and excellent gym with personal trainer. Loved it however it is not very close to the beach. Walking, it takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get there or you could take a cab... They are readily available.

Room Tip: If you desire to be close to the beach this is not your hotel... However it is a great place to stay...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LMs2Cents
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Park Hyatt Busan.

I was very happy to read you enjoyed your time with us and the surrounds and staff exceeded your expectations.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Aussie in Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I recently had to stay in Busan's Haeundae Beach area on a three-week business trip and was fortunate to be put up at the new Park Hyatt Busan right next door to my client's workplace.

In summary, I really loved this hotel, its staff, service, décor and ambience. There are obviously challenges in opening a five-star hotel in Busan but management have done a great job selecting and training their staff to anticipate the needs of their guests. Yes, the hotel isn't right on Haeundae Beach (which other reviewers have commented on) but it's only a 10-minute walk away. The hotel's located in a new, safe area filled with shops, restaurants & apartments and it has a nice vibe, especially in the evening when many locals stroll around with their families.

Positives: The attentive staff (who really made an effort to get to know me during my extended stay) and had a high level of English; the unique room décor (I stayed in two types including a suite) which was contemporary and fresh (loved the timber floors); the comfortable beds and pillows; the separate toilet in its own room which was great; the pool with its fabulous views over the ocean; the spectacular views from the dining areas on the 31st & 32nd floors; the 'Dining Room' which has the most outstanding décor of any hotel I've ever seen in Korea, featuring Korean elements presented in quirky arrangements; the bar pianist Mike who can play ANYTHING, and the fresh, home-made pasta bolognaise which I ate about 10 times!.

Negatives: The maid service was a little inconsistent but I only noticed this because I stayed so long; the lighting system in all the rooms is slow to respond so you spend the first few attempts turning the lights on and off repeatedly until you learn to wait for the system to work (a lighting guide beside the bed would be helpful); many Westerners like milk in their tea & coffee but it wasn't consistently supplied; the huge cube in the middle of the foyer that changed colour constantly was my least favourite feature of the hotel. It just doesn't match the neutral, organic colours and textures found throughout the hotel. A beautiful piece of carved wood or stone would look so much nicer there.

Overall though, these are small issues and don't detract from the wonderful experience I had at the hotel. I became so close to some of the staff, I departed feeling like I'd left part of my family behind!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the front of the hotel with a great view of Gwangan Bridge and the ocean
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank LadyDi2323
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write your response. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you become close to the staff. I was also so happy to read you enjoyed the Pasta and the Piano bar.

I have taken note of the feedback you have given on lighting and we will address these points you have raised.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Busan in the future.