Park Hyatt Busan
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
1,113 results
All reviewsmarine citygwangan bridgele labohaeundae beachliving roomfloor to ceiling windowsfavorite hotelbeautiful hotelindoor poolocean viewrooms are spacioustaxi ridetop floorcentum citybusiness tripbuffet breakfastbeach area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2013

You can tell a Korean establishment is aimed at the elite when all the signs are in English, with no Korean translation. Such is the Park Hyatt.

This hotel has absolutely beautiful architecture, and extremely high quality furniture, finishings and construction. (The only mistake: it looks like the grout for the stone floors stained the slab edges). Rooms are beautiful, nicely sized and very well thought out, with the exception of somewhat tricky lighting controls. The views are beautiful.

Amenities: Free wifi through the hotel was flawless and fast. The exercise room and pool were unbelievably nice. Towel were large and soft, and changing rooms neat and convenient. I loved the modern Japanese-style toilets throughout.

Prices: we got an very good (off-season) deal on the rooms (something like KRW 250,000-300,000 per night) but word is out about this hotel and I'd be surprised to see those rates again. Restaurant prices were astronomically high

Staff: the staff are super-helpful and their English is generally very impressive (by Asian standards) -- maybe about the level of a typical French high school student or immigrant NYC cabdriver. They jump immediately to serve any need (umbrellas for rain, restaurant reservation, lost key). They're not perfect: I asked them about windsurfing in Busan and they got back to me with a note. The note had the right contact information, but said windsurfing the next day would be "difficult" because of the rain. In actual fact, I happened to stop by the windsurfing rental shop location on my own and discovered the shop was completely closed due to rain. The word in the note should have been "impossible" rather than "difficult".

Location: As of June 2013 many cab drivers don't know this hotel or quite how to get to it yet. Generally speaking, Busan cabbies are rather bad so this can cause real problems. Several times a cabbie would be told where we want to go, nod his head, drive a block, and then call somebody for directions on his cell phone. I speak Korean and carried my own offline maps app so this was a smaller problem for me than it might be for others.

The general area has a few eateries, but nothing all that great.

You can walk to Haeundae beach, but doing so will take 20 minutes or so. I enjoyed the walk but others may want to take a cab. I cut my toe at the beach; the cops in the police station had iodine and bandages, and helped fix me up. I was really impressed with their preparation and friendliness.

Metro stops are nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian B
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like thank you very much for taking the time to write about your expereince with us. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that that staff were very helpful.

It is true that we are still trying to educate the taxi drives of Busan in our location and we are working on this every day. I am sure very soon thay will know exactly were to go.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I like this hotel because it is situated in a luxurious and high-end new area of Haeundae. It was a quiet and seaside place where you can fully relax and enjoy the room. The room view is wonderful as it can see the whole view of Gwangan Bridge. Restaurants and grocery shops nearby are nice too. Just a few thousands of won away if you travel to the beach and centum city where it is worth going for its biggest department store and huge jjimjinbang (the Spaland of the Sinsegae Department Store).

The only downside of this hotel is that it is not near to subway station.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bakerybistro
mable l, Front Office Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was most happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The new Park Hyatt Hotel located next to the yacht club. All the rooms are facing the bay which is so beautiful, especially at night. The theme of this hotel is to bring nature inside the hotel. You will find huge rocks, green bamboo trees and thick timber all over the place. The floor in every rooms is French oak and the room is really spacious. While the facility is really top class, I must mention that what makes this hotel excellent is the staff. They are very attentive, polite and highly professional. In conclusion, this hotel genuinely deserves its 6 stars status.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Panot
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your response. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our service and in particular the staff to be outstanding.

I hope to see you again at Park Hyatt Busan in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I spent our wedding anniversary here, for it's great location and past experience with Park Hyatt.
The check-in process was unpleasant; when making reservation, I requested "suite upgrade" but was told it's a two-twin-bed suite. When checking in, I told the front desk we were here for 10 years anniversary and would like to request a king-bed suite, but told it was unavailable. We checked in the room, and very disappointed -- not only it's a two twin-bed suite, it faced "mountain" and another apartment. In case you missed it, this hotel is great because it is right on the beach; if I cannot see the ocean, why staying here? I went back to the front desk to complain -- and got a different answer from a different person. I was told there WAS a king suite facing ocean available right in the same floor, but I need to pay $50 USD more per day. I took the offer, and stated my disappointment of ill-informed situation and ill-arranged room in the first place.
Maybe Hyatt only pays attention to its elite members, which I'm not???
Besides the check-in issue, I found the hotel staffs seem sometimes unfamiliar with some basic routines or some simple questions we had. To think about it, it may be because it's a new hotel (open in early 2013?)? But don't get me wrong, the service was generally very good.
Other than the staffs issue, I really don't get all the fancy lighting and switch in Park Hyatt -- it's very annoying to wait for couple seconds before the lights start to dim when trying to turn off the light.
I probably will come back to this hotel for the great location and the great view (if they can get the room right next time). However, I'm getting disappointed at Hyatt's general customer service; I guess I will try to stay with the program that I have elite status...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steven Y

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your response to your recent stay. I was most disappointed to hear that you had issues at time of check-in. We should have been more attentive to your request and taken note of your special occasion your 10th wedding anniversary. Congratulations...
We are recently opened but this is no excuse for the service. I assure you we are working very hard on developing our team.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to park Hyatt Busan in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We recently spent two nights at this hotel. It is lovely, brand new, views are spectacular, rooms clean and luxurious. However overall we had just an okay to poor experience. It started with the van from the airport we had arranged through the hotel. It took almost two hours in traffic to reach the hotel, with a driver who seemed very inexperienced which made the trip much slower than necessary. The location of the hotel is also not at all what I had expected. It is billed as being at the famous Haeundae Beach, but isn't even within walking distance. We had to take a taxi the next day which was a big disappointment. Next we checked in, only to be told the refrigerator we had requested with our reservation, six months in advance (before the hotel even opened) and confirmed a month before our trip, was not available. Since I have dietary issues which require me to bring my own food this was unacceptable and not a good start to our stay. The staff solved the problem by removing all items from the minibar in the room so I could use that fridge, but it was annoying to start our stay with yet another problem. I also mentioned at this time that I would require freezer space for some of my food and the staff looked at me like I was crazy (big difference from the Marriott Courtyard in Seoul that we had just left after 5 day stay, where staff were incredibly helpful). I felt very unwelcome in this Hyatt hotel which made me very uncomfortable. Next we checked into our rooms (2) and the king room absolutely reeked of perfume. I could not even stay in the room for five minutes. No idea why this was true. Hotel staff also seemed clueless as to how this happened. They offered a room air purifier but it was obvious that would not solve the problem it was so severe. At this point, I was ready to leave the hotel, but management stepped in and move us down the hall to a suite. The suite was spectacular, although had twin beds which I thought was weird since my husband and I had requested a king room. But we took the suite anyway, since it offered more space and we had four adult children with us so two of them could stay on rollaway and the sofa in the living room while the other two shared the second room we had booked. The rest of our stay was pretty uneventful. The concierge did arrange a driver for us for the next day, who turned out to be wonderful. Although he didn't speak English he did get us where we wanted to go and to an unexpected boat ride, so that was cool. Mostly, however, the hotel staff bowed a lot, but when we actually needed help with anything, we felt they were not really helpful. Every time we requested something, it seemed we had to wait a very long time for it to happen.Their English comprehension was very lacking which in a supposedly world class hotel was annoying. The hotel was very expensive. Brunch for example, was $90 PER PERSON!!! It looked lovely, but we didn't eat that. Overall, we would never stay here again and wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nydancemom

Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you on checking to the hotel. The staff should have been more responsive and we will ensure that we provide them with additional training.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the suite and the driver the next day. Once again I do apologies for the inconvenience and I do hope that if you return to Busan that you do experience Hyatt once again.