“Love Furballs?”
Review of Egg House Haeundae

Egg House Haeundae
Ranked #111 of 204 Specialty Lodging in Busan
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Location near Haeundae Station with local restaurant around, shopping mall and post office just next building. Walk further down there's a wet market where you can find lots of good food at low cost :) Love the beach nearby, spacious and clean room, there's coffee maker but never once i use them "read on to find out why" :p

Hostel's main door never lock due to house rules but i always lock them before sleeping. No staffs attend to you most of the time unless someone's schedule to check-in then owner (John) will be around else he will pop by from time to time but always met him in wee hours or midnight. Honestly John was fairly nice who spoke good english and friendly, love cats "meow" 3 cats roaming around hostel, break cups and stuff on daily basic, love attention and follow us everywhere even when i brush my teeth, those who don't like cats please book other hostel as they will chase you all around. They may sit outside your bathroom and wait so careful while opening any door!! Toilet very small and you can't throw papers into toilet bowl. We keep appointed toilet clean but other guest keep using our appointed toilet as others didn't have any toilet papers!

Busan Dadaepo Sunset Fountain http://youtu.be/LAGhnGkeeUY
Busan Dadaepo Sunset Fountain http://youtu.be/rw_Kt_19jYc
Busan International Fireworks Festival http://youtu.be/j3jhhXnCqhw

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SapphireJuan

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Bad experience!
Pro's - near to Haeundae Station and lots of local restaurant around that areas.
- near to Subway so you don't have to walk a lot to reach your hostel after the tiring day.

Con's - the hostel's main door never lock during my stay and there is no staff or owner attend you during the check in or check out. Honestly the owner or the staff of the hostel is not friendly at all and what stated in their web site is not reliable.
- there are 3 cats roaming around the hostel, for those who doesn't like cats, my advise- choose others hostel as they did make the hostel smell bad.
- Toilet is very small and some of the toilet flushing system is not working and the staff didn't attend to fix it.

Overall - I will not going back to this hostel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Pro's

-Close to Haeundae station (3 min walk) and very easy to find
-Near the beach (again, 3 min walk)
-Close to restaurants and coffee shops, including a Starbucks
-Clean
-Spacious rooms
-Hot water
-Private showers and toilets according to room
-Shampoo, shower gel, hairdryer, and air con/heater units available
-Wi-fi

Con's

-We never saw the owners or receptionists once. We had to check ourselves in and out.
-Door to hostel was never locked
-Although they gave us hand towels, there was only one large towel available (which I had to find myself)
-There are 3 cats who freely roam the hostel (I love cats, but if you're allergic or scared, its not good. They also sit where the clean linen is, and the litter tray makes the whole hostel smell bad)
-Private showers and toilets weren't en-suite, but altogether in a big room: other guests used our facilities.
-Showers flood

So a good place to stay if you're on a budget: clean, good location. However, if you're looking for the friendly hostel experience, this one left a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for one with 'private showers and toilets' - they aren't private...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Angry experience! I knew I will arrive Busan in early morning.
So, I checked with hostel if I can drop the luggage there at around 8 a.m.
They said no problem.
When I arrived hostel, I found the reception opens from 9 a.m.
The note outside says knock the door. We knocked but no one replied.
We then waited until 9 a.m. and knocked again. Still no reply.
We waited until 9:30 a.m. Someone went downstairs and found us there waiting.
She then shout upstairs seemed trying to wake someone up.
After that, she opened the hostel door to let us wait inside.
We waited again until 9:45a.m. Still no staff showed up.
Thus, we decided to leave the luggage there and started our trip.
When we returned at around 6 p.m., finally we can check in and get the room.

The room was clean. But the flash button of private toilet is not working.
We found our own way to flash and it was fine with us.
However, later that night, our private toilet was locked.
But no one told us!!
I don't mind to use the share one but I do mind they didn't let us know.

I really won't stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Pros:
1. Located near to the Heundae subway station exit 1 (5 mins walk)
2. Many shops and eateries nearby
3. Comfortable bed

Cons:
1. Unfriendly staff
- No one was around to attend to us when we arrive at the hostel at 3pm-ish (check in time was 2 pm). Was told to wait for 5 mins but the staff only arrived around 30 mins later.
- We checked out at 11 am the next day, but since our flight was in the evening, we asked the staff if we could leave our luggages. The staff reluctantly allowed us to do so with a heavy tone "you could do whatever you want".

2. Private bathroom - dirty toilet cubicle
- We had booked a twin room with private bathroom. Little did we know that the private bathroom does not actually meant "ensuite". The "private bathroom" is actually located outside of our room and named according to our room name (separate super tiny cubicle for toilet and bath). It is not even locked, wonder why they named it "private" in the first place.
- The toilet cubicle was not cleaned. I "nearly died" in the cubicle, the toilet wasn't flushed for god knows how many days.
- No sinks were in the toilet and bath cubicles. Sinks were located separately in another place, and the sinks were dusty and not cleaned.

3. Roaming pet cats
- Beware, if you are allergic to cats, please do not stay here. 2 pet cats roam around freely and they smell. Imagine coming out of your room and got frightened by 2 pairs of eyes in front of your room. The cats would also be scratching and playing around the rest corner and bedsheets for guests. Talk about hygiene.....

4. Security
- Doors were not locked during the day. The electronic lock (with security password) would only be activated at night.
- Corridor and stairwell is not lit. The hostel was located on the 3rd floor. If you are walking up to the hostel at night, be prepared to walk in the dark.

5. Cleanliness
- Dead cockroach was found lying beside the dustbin
- Sandy bedroom slippers
- Dusty sinks
- Pet cats roaming around freely

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I spent 2 nights here, rooms are tidy and confortable, the hostel is clean.
Very close to Haeundae station and the beach. A good place to spend a few nights.
They sell few merchandising stuff promoting the Mr Egg brand which is nice.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

There are lots of hostels in Busan to choose from. I first booked at Mr Egg view then changed to Miss Egg which just opened (back in October 2012). Honestly, I don't regret it. I was there for 3 nights and I was in a shared bedroom (2 bunk beds) but I had the room for myself the whole time, probably because it was low season. The bed was comfy, I slept like a baby! It was very quiet, only my first morning there, a group of girls staying in the room next to mine were quite noisy when they left but all good. Otherwise, there were not so many guests, yay for toilets and bathrooms for myself!! Shampoo and shower gel are provided btw, with free coffee, and tea. The hostel is very clean, nicely decorated..most of their guests may be avid kpop fans. The staff is very friendly and are willing to help when needed. Thank you for the great service! Location is great too! Close to Haeundae beach (with all the cafes, clubs, bars, etc..) and to the subway station! I felt very safe walking alone at night.

The only downside: there are no lifts which I obviously didn't expected. Walking up the stairs with a heavy suitcase was hard but you only need to do it once so it wasn't a very big deal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo