“the best of the best”
Review of Hostel the new day

Hostel the new day
Ranked #2 of 221 Specialty Lodging in Busan
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is the best hostel that i have visiting
The staff are very pro and friendly and they help you if you need
The roof garden is so beautiful and quiet
If you would like a nice place for take a good vacation or juste any quiet moment i advice this hostel
Me i go back

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've been here this summer with my friends for reunion in years to have some fun because I am studying abroad. When we visit Busan, it was in the middle of July so no room was left in most accommodations nearby the Haeundae beach. While wandering for a while, we looked up the sky right infront of the entrance of the subway station and found the sign of this hostel, The New Day! It was an arbitrary choice for us to stay a night so we didn't expect so much but everything was just perfect! Facilities were so modern, clean, and new, and the staffs there were so nice. Free offered breakfast was too good to think it free. Specifically the roof top place and garden, it was my most favorite! We hanged out there for hours till the late night, feeling ourselves at home. I really wanna come back here again. Exceptionally better than motels or other guest houses and thinking of reasonable prices at this quality of facility and service, hotels woudldn't be a choice for young people like me and my friends!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KimJ5
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in the Twin Room for 3 nights on weekdays.

The place is fairly new , very clean and cosy. They have a reading place or lounge area and small rooftop garden on 7th floor for guests to hang out. Towels, toiletries & hairdryer are available , which is nice.

Simple breakfast included - bread & jam, coffee/tea/juice. Unlimited eggs! I love waking up every morning to preparing my breakie; frying eggs & making hot coffee. Hint hint -> It would be good if the hostel could provide butter and cheese in future

More importantly, the owner and hostel staffs speak good english and are ever helpful in providing info. Service is excellent, kudos on this!

OH....and it's convenient to public transports -> Metro/Subway, Train Station, Bus Station are all within short walking distance. I travelled to Gyeongju using local train...very convenient.

Twin room has ensuite bathroom. Room is fairly basic and small, no frills. If it's just to crash in after a long day, no complains. To chill out, there's the 5th floor lounge area or u can go up to the 7th floor.

Hint: It would be nice if the room comes furnished with maybe side wall shelfs / etc as there's hardly any space to keep our things

Overall we're happy with the place, service and ever helpful staffs!!! Will come back again...TQ newday hostel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012

All the facilities(room, shower, kitchen etc) are exceptionally new, clean, and cozy. They offer clean towels unlimitedly.
The staffs are so nice and helpfull - even speak fluent English. Can have nice coffee and tea for free.
The breakfast was pretty nice - I think it would be perfect if there was butter.
And I really loved the book cafe and roof garden - they are most outstanding comparing to other hostel.
The location is great - really 1 minutes from the subway station and 7 minutes to the beautiful beach.

I've traveled many countries and stayed various hostel before, and this hostel is one of the best ever.
I traveled alone for this time but had unexpectedly-great fun! I'll surely stay here again when I visit Busan again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SabinaOH
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My family and I went to Korea for 2 weeks and spent 3 days 2 nights at Busan. we stayed at Hostel the new day during the period and unexpectedly the services they extended to us were ecceptionally good and the place is great. Mr James, Mr Kim, Ms Mina and the owners are more than happy to help out with the travelling information around Busan, we felt so warm when strangers can easily become friends and so helpful despite our differences in religion and customs. Thanks to Mrs owner (I gorgot her name thou) who set up the furnitures and creates relaxing ambiance in the hostel. make yourself feels at home. During our vacation to korea, stayed at Busan is the best simply because the friendliness of the people here and the beach. Worth every penny we spent.I would highly recommend this place for those whos planning to come to Busan. I definately will come back to this place :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SoffieaLee
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I like to travel around world and also like to stay at hostel, because i could meet some kinds of nice people from another country. when i decided to stay at this hostel, i was honestly thinking that it maybe just soso as with another hostel but it was my best of best time. if you consider of hostel, you should book this one. i'm sure that you will have good time and meet kind of nice staff. it will be best time more than what you guess haha. having fun at here~

Room Tip: you shoud have breakfast and coffee it's quite great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank rururara
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is the place where you feel yourself comfortable as at home. Hostel is really beautiful, stylish and very clean. It's placed close to subway and very near to the most popular and beautiful beach in Busan (Haeundae). In the area a lot of places where you may find korean traditional and european food.
Very close to the hostel on the top of a hill is placed extremely beautiful Buddhist temple. Though it's not mentioned in travel guides and have no special note on the map of Busan, it's really worth to see it.
And one of the best features of The New Day Hostel is (of course besides the awesome garden on the roof) amazing people who work there! They are very friendly and ready to help with any problem or request.

We were really happy to stay there and we definitely will choose it again in our next trip to Busan!!

Thank you, The New Day Hostel! You gave us a very special memory of our time in Busan!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family