“Good business hotel in a good location”

The Westin Chosun Busan
Ranked #8 of 154 Hotels in Busan
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Westing is a good hotel in a very good location, everything is working well. In particular spa/sauna/swimming poole section is excellent with all different saunas. Location is excellent - you can hike to nearby hill or to beach. Only problem I had was with room door which did not close automatically and therefore I very often forgot it open.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MatkaajaJouni
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We appreciate your good comments on the location of our hotel and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our spa facility. We also apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your last visit due to unautomated door close. The correct measures will be taken to prevent any similar occurrence in the near future.

We hope to have you again and get a chance to provide you with the better services on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Chosun Busan

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed for a week attending a conference and the service was excellent, Rooms were clean and well kept. A great location right on the beach. It was good having a walk after breakfast before our conference started.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate your good comments on our service and the room cleanliness. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you very much for your time to write us about your stay, and we look forwards to providing you with better services on your next visit at the Westin Chosun Busan.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The hotel is located near the beach, you can get a room with a nice harbor/ocean view, and the overall comfort level was very good. Breakfast was about average for a hotel of this quality - that means it was pretty good; but nothing outstanding - the typical Asian/Western style buffet breakfast. Didn't eat any other meals at the hotel.
The gym was good, and while the outdoor pool was open, it was a bit chilly for swimming. I was impressed with the room and the club lounge floor was also pretty good, although a bit light on selection during the evening happy hour.
All in all, a good hotel, but it's a bit of a walk to get to restaurants or a market.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We appreciate your good comments on our location and the executive club lounge . We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. Also, we continuously upgrade our hotel facility to provide better services to our customers. We will do our best to fulfill each one of our guest’s expectations and hope to have you again and get a chance to provide you the high quality of service on your next visit.

Thank you.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed at Westin Chosun in Busan for three nights in the end of December 2013. I was a little bit resilient to book a room there because of not so stunning reviews, but that was the only property available for the whole duration of my stay in Busan, and I went for it.

To say that I was satisfied is to say nothing. The service and comfort level blew me away! From a moment I was able to check in at 8AM till the last moment I had to leave at 6PM, I had nothing but happy feelings. The staff made my stay incredibly comfortable and enjoyable.

When I called concierge for some advice, a concierge person came to my room with maps and explanations (normally you`d have to go down yourself). They picked up a phone after the first ring every time (excellent staff training and quite hard to achieve!). The room was spotlessly clean, and the property was very well taken care of (considering it`s an old property). Club lounge had a great breakfast, which I enjoyed very much.

The location is excellent. From/to airport, you can take a bus (only 7000KW) which stops right by the hotel. The hotel is on the beach, and the sea view rooms cost more than the garden ones (I had the sea view, and it was simply amazing). You can walk to Nurimaru APEC house in minutes, and the views are stunning as well.

I recommend this hotel without any hesitations. This property now is my favorite one in the world, and I cannot wait to stay there again. I`ve stayed at much fancier hotels, but only at Westin Chosun in Busan I experienced both comfort and hospitality at its true meaning.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We appreciate your good comments on our hotel facility, service and a location. Your comments have been shared with our all associates and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your time, and we hope to get a chance to provide you the better services on your next visit.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed only one night as they were booked for the weekend. Booked a Club level room and was upgraded to ocean view. Room very nice but nothing out of the ordinary. Bit dated. Bath on the other hand was very small. Had very little space for my wife and I to store our toiletries. Club room was a bit crowded but good value. Why they allow children on the Club floor is beyond me. I guess they like a crowded lounge and children running up and down the halls.

Lunch buffet was very good though quite expensive.

Upon check out, my supplier offered his credit card to pay for my room. So what happens, I don't get my Starwood Points.

Will I stay here again ...probably not.

Room Tip: Club level is a decent value
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

We at the Westin Chosun understand the importance of fulfilling each one of our guest’s expectations and it greatly concerns us that you may have a negative impression of us.

Your comments have been shared with our associates and the correct measures will be taken to prevent any similar occurrence in the near future.

We look forwards to providing you with better services on your next visit at the Westin Chosun Busan.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I revisit the hotel again in July this year, with a toddler in tow. We were allowed earlier check in, and again the service was immaculate. We had breakfast and dinner from room service and it was delicious. I would highly recommend this hotel again. Very children friendly and they have a children room and activities for 3 years and above.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Zetster
Jen K, 매니저 at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We appreciate your good comments on a location of our hotel, food qulity of restaurant and the services.
We are very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay and we will do our best to fulfill each one of our guest’s expectations.
We hope to have you longer again and get a chance to provide you with the better services on your next visit.
Thank you.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. I arrived via KTX from Seoul. The hotel is about 30 minutes away by by taxi, which is the easiest way to get there from the train station. The property is on the waterfront and I had a lovely view of the sea. Rooms were clean and up to modern standards albeit the bathrooms were a little small. Clean! Everything was very clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job. Front desk was a little busy but that was do to a large group that was there. Still they did a good job. Food was good too. The conference facility and AV people did an excellent job. Wish we could take them to other venues where the AV staff seems to not have ever operated anything electronic at all. Area around the hotel was also nice with plenty of coffee shops and good restaurants. My one complaint was that the gym, which is well appointed, did not open until 6am and closed at 10pm. Jet lagged westerners had nothing to do between the hours of 2am and 6am!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business