“Expecting better service from a Westin”

The Westin Chosun Busan
Ranked #7 of 136 Hotels in Busan
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Expecting better service from a Westin”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Staying in a Westin your expectations are maybe a bit too high sometimes. The location of the hotel is great. The rooms are OK but especially the reception staff is quite if I say arrogant it's maybe to harsh but they really have an attitude....
The best thing I remember of this place is the buffet breakfast in the morning which was absolutely top class.
I think the hotel is OK but with a warmer and more welcoming attitude towards the guests it would be great.

Room Tip: Look your'e located on a high as possible floor facing the sea!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Crococat
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We at the Westin Chosun understand the importance of fulfilling each one of our guest’s expectations and it greatly concerns me that you have a negative impression of us..

I'm sincerly sorry for the problem you encountered from staff's attitude and service.
Your comments have been shared with our management team and the correct measures will be taken to prevent any similar occurrence in the near future. Once again, I on behalf of our team at the Westin Chosun Busan would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and look forwards to providing you with better services on your next visit at the Westin Chosun Busan.

Sang-jo Park.
Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

One of those hotels that leave you with the Wow! factor. Lovely location, top class hotel. Have not sampled the food other than the buffet breakfast which was great. There is are lovely walks around the headland on which the hotel is built - super for joggers, the gym and spa are good too. Busan as a city is a super and I would consider a visit for holidays.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan. We appreciate your good comments on a location of our hotel and facilities. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and we will do our best to fulfill each one of our guest’s expectations. We hope to have you again for our holidays and get a chance to provide you with the better services on your next visit. Thank you. Best Regards,. Sang-jo Park. Director of Rooms
Aussie in Korea
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've stayed at the Westin Chosun Hotel several times and always really liked it. As a result I was extremely disappointed by my recent stay there.

This time I had to stay during a business trip and really needed rest. I didn't get much. I acknowledge it was peak holiday season but I was disturbed by noise from the moment I arrived in my room until I left. There were screaming children constantly running along the corridor outside my room (which is quite common in Korea) which I can deal with OK by using ear plugs. But what I can't deal with is constant thumping from guests walking around in the room above mine which went on until after midnight and started again before 6am. Clearly, the sound-proofing between the rooms is inadequate. This made me so stressed I almost asked to be relocated.

Other than that, I felt the rooms were looking a little old and tired and in need of refurbishment. I didn't eat in the hotel but have always enjoyed the buffet restaurant. And the views are fantastic from every floor if you can score an ocean view.

I filled in a feedback card detailing my issues with the room noise but never received any feedback from management. So I can only assume that this '5-star hotel' no longer really cares about their guests' feedback and complaints - or that an English-speaking complaint is in the 'too hard basket'. That's a shame as the arrival of the new 5-star Park Hyatt Busan nearby (where I also stayed recently and can highly recommend) may really start to impact on their business.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor available to maximize the view from your room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LadyDi2323
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We are sorry for the problems you encountered from the noise and the delayed feedback. Your comments have been shared with our management team and the correct measures will be taken to prevent any similar occurrence in the near future.

Once again, I on behalf of our team at the Westin, Busan would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and look forwards to providing you with better services on your next visit at the Westin Chosun Busan.

Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed at many Westin hotels and this one meets the standard! It's the only hotel that is directly ON THE BEACH. We stayed on the top floor with a king size bed (however, the bed is rather small compared to USA standard king bed - I even called downstairs to ask and make sure it was the right room). I'm thinking it's a cultural difference. Breakfast on the executive floor was amazing and had great views of the ocean! I ate at the pub and enjoyed live music one night and that was really nice and relaxing. I also hung out one late evening upstairs drinking and shooting pool. (I will add that the bar tenders couldn't make great mixed drinks - pina colada / martini) stick to beer/wine. The customer service was great at every moment. The location is really great and I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be right on the beach. That's why I went to Busan, so it was perfect.

PS - there is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel - it's only 7000won - take it! It's much cheaper than taking a taxi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also we appreciate your good comments on our hotel location, facilities and the services. We hope to have you again and get a chance to provide you with the better services on your next visit.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had a room with the ocean view which was really great. The hotel is also right next to a great park around the tip of the cove. I wish I had more time to explore. The hotel is fantastic with fantastic amenities - gym, sauna, lounge. Its right next to all the action on the beach. Also, it was all within walking distance of several eating places. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Helen O
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also we appreciate your good comments on our hotel location and the facilities. We hope to have you again and get a chance to provide you with the better services on your next visit.

Southern California
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I came just for one night as we have never been to busan and heard it was a great city to visit while in South Korea. We arrived 3 hrs early from the busan station and was hoping to just drop off our bag or possibly do an early check in. While one of the front desk employees told us there would be an additional fee, the manager Robins Kim got us checked in with no problems..he just took care if it as we were deciding to leave our bag in baggage claims. He and the rest of the stuff were so courteous and friendly...way better service than any Westin in the states. Really felt like a 5 star hotel without the 5 star price tag. View and location are amazing and the breakfast was extensive. We would definitely return again. Thank you Mr. Kim and staff for a short but pleasant stay!

Room Tip: We recommend taking a morning walk to the APEC house adjacent to the hotel. There is a stunning oc...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sueOD2
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We appreciate your good comments on a location of our hotel and the services. Your comments have been shared with our front office manager Mr. Robins Kim and all our associates. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We will keep trying to do our best to fulfill each one of our guest’s expectations, and hope to get another chance to provide you with the better services on your next visit.

Thank you.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I love this hotel! Stayed only one night with my boyfriend and wish we had time to stay longer. It has gorgeous room views. I DEFINITELY recommend paying extra for the sea view and if it's in your budget get an "executive" room which includes free breakfast buffet, free lunch snack bar, and free open bar with snack bar from 6-8!!! (With drinks that you pour yourself! Worth it!) Wifi works great all over the hotel. The beach is very nice and there are some good food places and attractions in the area like the Busan aquarium and a ferris wheel. Beds are VERY comfy and the room was spotless.

Room Tip: Get an "executive" room which includes free breakfast buffet, free lunch snack bar, and fr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hatsuchi
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We appreciate your good comments on a location of our hotel and the services.
We are very happy to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your recent stay and we will do our best to fulfill each one of our guest’s expectations. We hope to have you again and get a chance to provide you with the better services on your next visit.

Thank you.