“Ibis. Best surprise, no surprise”

ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre
Ranked #10 of 136 Hotels in Busan
Beijing, China
“Ibis. Best surprise, no surprise”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Like all Ibis hotels, small window, small room, small bathroom, annoying threshold to access the bathroom, Ikea-like furniture and single chair. The reception is on the 17th (top) floor, so guests most likely live on a lower floor and never walk by the reception, giving them the impression that they're renting a small room in the building, not a hotel bedroom. The cleaning staff doesn't seem to master the art of vacuuming a room: the same bread crumbs remained for 3 days on the floor, and they tend to come very late, even if you turn on the "do it the room now" sign.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear. Guest

Warm Greetings from ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre!

Regarding, cleaning staff, I share the information with my staffs and I raised issue what the problem is and How we can improve service to guest to clean room in right place and right time.

Also, I well noted your comment for the threshold bathroom, small window, small room, reception location for the future planning.

Ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night and wished we had stayed in Busan a little bit longer! If I had to choose between Busan & Seoul, I would pick Busan as my favourite place, considering it is close to our family. Room = Junior Suite; A very spacious & clean room with that new hotel smell. From the furniture to the bathroom, everything felt new and comfortable. There is no minibar in the room, but I don't think it is required since the 24-hour convenience store downstairs pretty much provides everything for a bargain! The hotel features free wi-fi, a business corner, a laundry facility, water dispenser on each floor (I think) and a restaurant & bar. There is definitely value for money here. It is close to the train station and there is a local market downstairs with the busy city life a very short train ride away! Definitely staying here next time we are in Korea! (The only fault I have is one female reception staff wasn't very friendly when I asked her a question. But all the other staff, especially the downstairs concierge guys are very friendly and helpful!)

Room Tip: If you like a bit of comfort and space, I recommend paying a little extra for the Junior Suite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to positive guest feedback.

I deeply appreciate your compliment of our Hotel junior sweet room with facilities and our concierge staff.
However, I sincerely apologize your inconvenience during your stay, Concerning service mind of staff for guest.
I immediately raise issue to concerned department and staffs.
We more retrain and focus on, Good service mind for our customers.

San Diego, California
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in October and were very pleased with this hotel. First, the bathroom and bed were great (my two big factors in finding a good hotel room). Everything was clean, staff were very friendly. The best part for us, however, was the location. A Starbucks is attached to the hotel as well as a small mini-mart (with snacks, drinks, etc.) and the train station is about a five-minute walk via an underground mall directly outside the hotel. It was a great hotel choice. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre!
We very much appreciate your good comments regarding hotel lnformation, our room status at the Ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Especially, I deeply appreciate your compliment of our hotel good location and friendly staff.

Have a nice day!

Singapore
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great location. The entrance of the hotel is the subway for Bujeon station. Room rates a bit pricey compare to Haeundae Area. Hotel is connected to a medical centre and behind the hotel is the traditional market trade all kinds of seafood, dried food, fruits, groceries & ginseng market.
Surrounding cant find proper restaurant for dining.
Toilet real small like cubicle size.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Guest

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I deeply appreciate your compliment of our hotel and location.
However, I sincerely apologize your inconvenience during your stay, Concerning size of bathroom.
I immediately raise issue to concerned department and staffs.
We more focus on, Good idea of bathroom size for our customers.

Singapore
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Terribly unimpressed by the unfriendly service of the front desk reception staff. For such a reputable chain of hotels, I really expected more. Unfortunately, it was the worse of the 4 hotels we stayed at in South Korea.

Pros:
- next to the Bujeon train station
- next to the local market
- there's a convenient store on Level 1
- there's a room where you can get hot/cold/purified water on every floor
- good breakfast variety

Cons:
- weak wifi in room
- dusty room and bed
- small toilet
- unfriendly front desk staff
- boring surroundings (nothing much besides the local market)
- most taxi drivers don't know where the hotel is. Make sure you have the full address of the hotel with you.

We (7 of us) arrived at the hotel at about 4.30pm. We presented our hotel voucher to the lady at the front desk and she proceeded to issued us keys for 1 room. When I asked her about the other 2 rooms and took out the hotel voucher to show her again, she looked irritated and proceeded to do the paper work for the other 2 rooms without a word of apology or smile. We could only go into our last room just before 6pm.

Each morning when we passed the front desk to head for breakfast, we were never greeted or smiled at even though the staff did not look busy. I must say that concierge on ground level was a lot more friendly.

Don't stay here unless you're on a tight budget.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank holplanner
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I sincerely apologize your inconvenience during your stay, Concerning service mind of staffs.
I immediately raise issue to concerned department and staffs.
We more focus on retrain to good service for our customers.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This Western style hotel has most of the amenities that you’d expect for a city business hotel. For your price you get to be steps away from shopping in the underground mall as well as a huge fruit/fish/staples market next door. Across the street you have access to the brown line of the Busan Metro which gives you access to the rest of the city. This hotel is definitely pricier than what I’m used to paying by but one of the dangers of not booking ahead is that you may end up paying more than what you’re used to. We had booked and paid for one night. Check in is supposed to be at 2PM but upon arrival, after a long day of travel, our room was still not ready. It was going to be at least another hour before the room was ready. Thanks to a gracious manager, he made our stay more pleasurable and made us feel very confortable in spite of their delay with our room. The room itself (a junior suite) was confortable and with most amenities expected. A couple of things that we wished they had were extra pillows for the bed as only two came standard with the King size bed and also it would have been nice to have 115V plugs to be able to use electronic that can only handle the 115V electricity. Breakfast buffet was good, not extra ordinary but accommodates various tastes and dietary needs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
However, I sincerely apologize your inconvenience during your stay,
Concerning delayed check-in.
I immediately raise issue to concerned department and staffs.
We will more focus on check, Accurate and fastest for check-in for our customers.