“Huge hiking network”

Geumjung Mt. fortress
Ranked #30 of 227 things to do in Busan
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

If you have two days to spare, climb this mountain and traverse all four gates... There are plenty of campsites along the route. The views are amazing! You can use the gondola and reach the south gate in about half an hour for short trips... The oncheonjang station is close to the park entrance.

1  Thank richdjing

Reviewed May 19, 2014

At 801.5 m it is not very high but it is the highest point at Geumjeongsan. On top here u can see all the smaller peaks below and the fortress wall that runs from north to south. We have went up the other way by cable car the last time we were here in January and hiked to the South gate of the Mt. fortress. By subway train line 1 to Beomeosa station Exit 5, a short wall up to the bus terminal take bus no.90 1300won to reach Beomeosa Temple. At the temple u have two choices of trail, one on your left which is steeper rocky trail 2.8km and the other on your right an much easier trail 3.5 km, come winter day I think the right side trail should be a better choice while the other trail might require u to wear spiked shoe. Whichever trail u choose it should be an easy climb, all the difficult part is taken care of by well constructed wooden stairs. Somehow I think the whole place is more beautiful during sunny winter's day, snow is a feature that makes the landscape stands out. According to the story board the name of the highest peak was only been instated quite recently and they choose to call her Peak of the house of a Grandmother, aptly name, a grandmother could easily have a house here, that's an easy walk home. We went up the left side and came down on the right just like everything else here in Beomeosa it all comes in a loop, the bus runs in a loop, the trail goes around in a loop, the temple itself right in the middle, the buildings seem to go around in a loop too, I guess that makes everything complete. We can actually see the fortress wall running along the mountain ridge at Godangbong here, looks like an tedious up and down route, no trees along the way, 'botak' mountains can see stone walls only and the sun is very hot so we went back down. The last time we came we made a loop at the south side complete with the help of cable car, this time we complete the loop on the north side on foot. Two loops but still not complete yet, I guess I might have to come back the third time to link all the peaks in one go to accomplish the ultimate loop.

1  Thank romeojuliet2012
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Excellent hiking area, well served and with useful signage. Bring water and dress properly. You can customize the route according to the time availability and hiking difficulty. Be sure to include Beomeosa temple as your starting or ending point.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I started my hike from Beomeosa Temple (do stop by before your hike and also to use the toilets first).

The hike up to the North Gate was about 2km and took me over an hour. It's not a tough hike but you're mostly climbing up rocks so you may move slower. Directions in English are scarce so I would suggest recognizing the Korean characters for "North Gate" to avoid getting lost because there are a few junctions that you may come across.

When you reach up the North Gate, there are picnic tables for you to rest and eat. There are not food stalls up there so please bring your own food.

From the North Gate, either continue walking to the other gates or climb back down, which was what I opted for.

1  Thank smellyocheese
Reviewed March 7, 2014

i get lost !!! jajajajajaja but the view was amazing ..... i couldnt see it complety because its too big and the weather was not good .... but if u like trecking.... it´s a must !!