“Close to the beach, but a bit run down”

and 1 more site!
Benikea Hotel Press
Ranked #71 of 136 Hotels in Busan
Milwaukee, WI
“Close to the beach, but a bit run down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was a nice business hotel, but it was a bit run down. Our air conditioner leaked water from the ceiling for the entire stay. It did have a HUGE TV and a computer in the room. Our friends room had a leaking toilet, and they had to be moved to another room. Nice fancy toilet, large tub with shower. Quick walk to the beach and subway is not far away either.

Room Tip: I would ask to see the room before checking in :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We booked a family deklux room. Ww were two adult and two kids. Good lokation close to beech, metro and friendly nightlife. Our friends booked the Royal family suite and for almost no extra cost got s suite with three rooms... They where very pleased!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank B_I_Berg
Manchester, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Largish room, clean, but the decor of the hotel and room are a little on the dingy side. The bed is very hard, and not too comfortable. The bathroom is great, clean, with a big cushy tub. There is also a desktop PC in the room. Finally, the TV is huge and has decent international cable/satellite. The staff hardly speaks any english and there is virtually no service to speak of. The neighborhood is decent and safe, 5 min away from a minor subway station, but has nothing to offer. The beach is about a 15 min walk.

Room Tip: No amenities.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank cDADA78
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Firstly, getting there for taxi drivers is a bit tricky,since the hotel is very small and easily missed. It is 5 mins walk to Namcheon metro stop (line 2). Don't bother though getting the metro with your cases as a taxi is about 9000 or 10000 won (from the KTX terminal, I came from Seoul, also has metro stop on the number 1 line) but up to 14000 if your driver doesn't know where he is going! Maybe tell the cab driver opposite KBS (I assume this stands for Korean Broadcasting Service) building. In any case it's one street back from Gwangalli Beach on a main road between a Mercedes Benz showroom and a Hyundai garage. Buses numbers 41 and 42 will also pass it, if you're adventurous!
Right onto the room. ABout 24 metres squared. Very clean floors, I checked with my hand upon entry and taking my showes off! Stayed on the 7th floor with a view of KBS from the small window. Tiled bathroom floor with huge walk in shower, usual good quality shower gel, shampoo,conditioner, razor, toothbrush, body sponge and some male lotions too! UV sanitising 'fridge' for the cups for hot drinks. Kettle and hairdryer. Electric toilet seat and bidet functions but no blow dry option. One light in the bathroom was not working but was fixed promptly. The air con condensation tray doesn't exist,it goes directly into the bathroom and drains into the shower. The room was nicely decorated with a sliding door for the window and bathroom. The bed is a bit hard, by no means a pillow top or memory foam. Bedding is clean and was changed twice in a 4 night stay. Could not hear other guests' TV or running water, quite rare I find in many hotels,although peopledid tend to slam the doors. All remote controls in Korean but you could easily figure out what does what. Very close to many food dining options and the beach is only a five minute stroll away. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

the hotel is very nice.

we arrived very early in the morning.

the room is nice with wooden floor and the heater is just under it (korean called it ondol?) which gives warm feeling when you get up in the morning.

location is not close to tourist attraction but pretty close to food street.

• Stayed October 2012
charleston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The pictures on the website are a complete lie. I paid $125 for my room and it was cramp with absolutely no view out the window. My so called jacuzzi tub was small and old and the toiletries they left in the room were for men. I went downstairs and mentioned it to the front desk and she assured me the stuff left on the vanity were both men and women so imagine my frustration when I went back up and it was for men because it said "Men" on it. Nothing worth paying for in the restaurant (Bibimbap $11, 1 and half cans of soda $5). Food on the beach is better and better priced. The only thing I will give them is the bed. I slept well on it. Honestly, for the money you spend if you came to see the beach, just stay on the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend, 2 nights. The room itself was alright - nicely decorated and had everything one could need including air conditioning, computer, toiletries, complimentary water. It seemed very clean and it actually smelled of what I thought was some kind of disinfectant, so I thought to myself the previous reviews that complain about cleanliness were overstated. There was a small problem with water leaking into the bathroom from the air con (which other reviews also complained about), but the manager was very helpful and provided us with towels so we can keep our floor dry, and offered to change our room the next day. We chose not to change rooms as it was clean water, overall wasn't a lot of leaking (it soaked through maybe 2 towels in one day), and we didn't want to take time from our short vacation schedule to lug our clothes and things. All in all, I thought the hotel was alright, maybe overpriced for what it was but what to do on a busy weekend like that. The staff was nice and spoke English enough to understand us, they allowed us to check out a few hours later, they mailed some clothes that we forgot there back to Seoul... I was ready to give them a chance. UNTIL WE DISCOVERED 1 WEEK LATER THAT WE HAD HEAD LICE!!! MY HEAD HAD BEEN ITCHY SINCE OUR RETURN FROM THIS TRIP. At this point, we went into a pharmacy in Seoul, explained the situation and asked for remedies. We were given a shampoo, some gel with a comb, and a spray to be used on furniture and around the house to avoid reinfestation.Upon getting home and starting treatment, myself and my boyfriend included, imagine our disdain when we realized the spray we had been given at the pharmacy smelled EXACTLY like what I thought was a disinfectant in our Benikea room. I already suspected we got the head lice from this hotel since we were not in close proximity with other people, BUT FOR THEM TO BE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM AND STILL OFFER THAT ROOM?? TRY TO FIX IT QUICKLY WITH SOME SPRAY AND HIDE IT FROM US?? HELLO!!! THAT ROOM NEEDED TO HAVE BEEN QUARANTINED FOR AT LEAST 48 HOURS!!! There is a slight chance they didn't know about it and spraying for lice is part of their routine cleaning, in which case it's just stupid because it's not 100% effective. We are super pissed of. Needless to say, we are taking lice shampoo with us on our next trip around Korea and will use it just in case, so we don't end up with the critters again. All the more unpleasant as treatment options for head lice in Korea seem to include only the most basic shampoo, useless plastic comb, and combing solution, and it is VERY DIFFICULT TO GET RID OF THEIR EGGS as these creatures are becoming increasingly resistant to pesticides.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple