“Best spa ever!”

Shinsegae Centum City Spaland
Ranked #1 of 86 Spas & Wellness in Busan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Visited spaland because of the excellent reviews on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed! The jimnjilbang was beautiful and they even have a cinema room with good movies and huge comfy chairs. I would suggest taking a temiri at the end of the stay. Act fast though because they close over an hour before closing time on the womens' side. Mens' side closes earlier..

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"relaxation area"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This place was really really cool! I went with my brother, and we got to go to different kind of saunas. There are all kinds of relaxation spots here. There are:

-O2 Capsules, sounds curious, I know.
-natural healing, I think this is a natural resting spot and you get some kind of treatment, I'm not sure
-Body scrubbing- my brother tried it and had all the dead skin stripped of him

Each gender has a it's own bathing spot. I met a new friend and exchanged contacts. I'm hoping to see her again sometime. :)

The normal sauna was hot! I was sweating a bit, but it was fun with my brother and friend. Overall a really pleasant and say, quite a fun experience! I hope this review helped! Thanks for reading! :)

1  Thank Apes14
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We went after 8 p.m. so the entry fee was only 8,000 won. Considering they allow you to frolic around for 4 hours, that is a good deal. Of course there are amenities for sale inside (more on that in a minute), so your ultimate "fare adjustment" is up to you.

Not like anything to be found in the States, everyone is naked in the gender separated baths. Clean, well-organized.

There are 10+ coed sauna room variations outside of the baths, which are a bit overrated, especially considering the bath area (where you bathe naked with your fellow males or females) has a steam room and wood paneled Finnish sauna.

The bath area is definitely the highlight. Numerous bath pools to lounge in, with varying temperatures. In the bath area is a side room where you can get a full body scrub. It costs 1,000 won a minute, and I elected for the basic 20 minute session. I surmise it was less than 20 minutes, but it was still worth it! This was my first body scrubbing, and my skin was almost on fire. After removing an entire layer of skin, save for the face and the sensitive regions, a second guy switched in and soaped me up and washed me down. Afterwards my skin was very soft and I went straight to the hot baths to let my newly emerged skin relax. Definitely not for the faint of heart or the squeamish, otherwise very good experience for curious foreign visitors like myself.

4  Thank brooklynzoo123
Reviewed April 6, 2014

If you are in Busan, be sure not to give this experience a miss. To save on admission fee and pay only 8000 won (limited to 4 hours), go on weekdays and before 9 am or after 8 pm. After paying the fee, you will be given a curly band with a key with a locker number. Look out for your number to place your shoes only. You will be handed two small towels and a set of top & shorts (according to your size) to change to. The changing room is separated by gender where you look for the same locker number to place your personal belongings and change in attire.
There are a total of 13 Jjimjilbang rooms ranging from a cold room and 12 other rooms with varying temperatures and a outdoor foot spa. You can order your drinks, hard boiled eggs and bingsu at the ground floor. They also have a menu for facials and massages which you can make appointments.
It was an experience certainly not to be missed.

1  Thank Wanderlen