Shinsegae Centum City Spaland
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Busan
from $41.00
from $41.00
from $30.00
More Info
All reviews spa land korean spa locker key body scrub massage chair varying temperatures locker number outdoor foot bath four hours bath house salt room cold room men and women themed rooms relaxation area spa facilities gender separated
Selected filters
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My daughter insisted on going to a jimjilbang while i visted her in Korea. I was so skeptical about the whole idea but Spaland won me over! If you've never been to a jimjilbang before, this is the one which you'll compare all others. Beautiful, serene. My daughter and I had the best facials we've ever had! If only something like this existed near my home! We could have spent the day but this one limits you to 4 hours. There is so much to do or not do if you want relaxation. This place will spoil you!

Date of experience: February 2014
1  Thank Flwaterbaby
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is the coolest and most relaxing place to visit in Busan!
If you love the idea of spas, relaxing, and serenity, this is the place to go!
It's quite different than any place I've ever been. First of all, I was shocked at the enormity of this complex. You go in, and they give you a mini locker for your shoes. Then you go to the change rooms where a larger locker is provided with a key. There's a spa outfit for you: comfortable shorts and shirt.

Now, I brought my bathing suit because I read of all the spa spring pools. Guess what? The pools are for bathing! Silly me, can you imagine I was the only person walking around with clothes on in the bathing area? I sure stood out like a sore thumb, especially since everyone there was Asian, and I'm Caucasian. How embarrassing. I was definitely out of my element. Anyway, as the saying goes... "when in Rome"... so I went back to my locker and lost the bathing suit. There were about 22 different pools to choose from on the woman's side (private), but I opted for the two outdoor pools. All the pools have different temperatures and mineral contents. They are also cleaned somehow about every 45 minutes from my understanding.

Now, there's so much more to do here with your clothes on: A gigantic outdoor footbath where you can meet up with friends. Again, there are different water temperatures posted so you can choose which area/temperature suits you best. Next, off to the saunas area where there are multitudes to choose from depending on your goals and tolerance to the heat/cold.

You can go upstairs and read magazines on ultra-comfortable loungers, rent a massage chair for a couple bucks, or get a hands-on spa treatment. Really, your options are endless.

This is a must-stop place if you are in Busan and have a few hours to spend!

Oh, and all for around $12 US for a four hour pass!

Now I want to go back to Busan just to go to Spaland!

Date of experience: September 2013
3  Thank JulesReviews
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I absolutely loved SpaLand, but I also love all the regular jimjilbangs and saunas in Korea. It is more expensive than regular saunas and jimjilbangs in Korea costing 12,000 won a person for a 4 hour time limit, but it is sooooo luxurious that it is absolutely worth it. The massage chairs were glorious! For 2,000 won you get 20 minutes in the chair in the jimjilbang area. For the price, the massage was great! The outdoor foot spa area was new to me. I had never seen this in a jimjilbang before. It was actually quite pleasant outdoors in the cold weather and soaking your feet in the 40 degree Celsius water. They even provided jackets for you since it was November and chilly.

Back in the women's sauna, I paid 20,000 won for a full body scrub and face mask that lasted 25 minutes. Laying on the plastic tables makes you feel a bit like a piece of meat, but you get up feeling refreshed and unbelievably clean.

In the end, I loved SpaLand so much, that I went back 2 days later. It is really the best spa/sauna/jimjilbang I have ever been to….where I could afford to go back in just 2 days.

Date of experience: November 2013
2  Thank dancethekipples
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've been to my share of jjimjilbangs, but this one is like none other. It was by far the biggest and nicest spas I've ever been to and for 12,000 won, it's a steal! The women's baths were amazing with all the different temperature and water options. My favorite was the outdoor hot baths.

The coed area was very calming and nice. The outdoor foot bath was a nice place to sit. They even had jackets for people to borrow since it was winter. The hot rooms were good, though the choices were overwhelming. The ones on the second floor had fancier names, but weren't as good as the ones on the first floor.

If you're a foreigner (male or female!), make sure you get the body scrub package for 20,000 won or even 35,000 won. You'll feel soft as a baby's bum after. There's nothing like the strength of a Korean ajuma or ajushi peeling off your top 3 layers of skin...

Date of experience: January 2014
1  Thank ca_ursa
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

It was the best time I had to unwind and relax. However people who do not understand the Korean way of saunas should not go. Unless you want to experience it, then I highly suggest you research about it before you go. I thoroughly enjoy every bit of it. Note: it is half price (7,000 won) after 8pm til closing 12pm. My favorite part was going outside during the winter and dipping my feet into the hot steamy water. Free WiFi was a plus!

2  Thank Jessica K