“Pure luxury for four hours....”

Shinsegae Centum City Spaland
Ranked #1 of 86 Spas & Wellness in Busan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The best spa place I visited all of my life. Be prepared to be amazed and spoilt. Just take plenty of money with you. Food and drink prices are quite on the high end. There is a Fortuneteller who will read your fortune, personalized TV's. Too many pools and jjimjilbangs( heated hot room) that you can choose. Just remember you can not overnight here. There is a time limit of 4hours. If you go over extra fee applies. No need to take your money with you. Just locker tag will do magical thing. You will be billed at the end. My family knew how to spoil themselves.... I did pay quite a hefty bill at the end for massages and food. Nevertheless, it was worth it. A fantastic place to relax and enjoy fine life! Totally recommend it. Yes go go go.
By Sunny.Kim 65 2012

in 15 reviews
"relaxation area"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I hope before diving into these reviews for this particular place, you do know about Korean Spas and what they involve. I will assume this much.
Compared to other Korean Spas, this place is in a class of it's own due to its size, amenities, and environment.
My advice, walk through most of the spa before getting started so you have a good idea where you want to spend your three hours (that's the limit before they charge you more).
There are so many places to relax, detox, chill out, or get your positive vibes going.
While I'm sure this place would be great with friends like others say, I found it perfectly enjoyable with just me.
Also, a warning for other Americans. We are a prude and shy bunch. I would've found it quite uncomfortable to go with a good friend or family member of the same sex and have to see them in all their natural glory, which you will during the first part. In other words, be sure you are totally ready and comfortable at seeing your same-sex friend completely nude with you for the first part. Also, just because you're okay with it, are they? haha
If you want a big bang for your currency, go before 9am on the weekday. It's significantly cheaper then. I'd go once a week if I lived there. Love it.
Free wifi can be picked up in certain parts of the spa, thanks to the mall located in the same complex.

4  Thank aaroncolorado
Reviewed June 9, 2013

A traditional Korean jimjilbang (bath house/sauna) experience, with a few bonuses: children under 13 aren't allowed, the spa is huge and very modern, and the facility is very comfortable and relaxing. The outdoor foot baths and the outdoor hot tubs in the women's area are some of the highlights. There is also a relaxation area where you can watch TV, sleep, read, etc. with comfortable loungers - nicer than the usual mats on the floor at your average jimjilbang. There is a western-style spa in the building where you can get facials, massage, etc. (no mani/pedi that I saw, unfortunately), BUT the prices are very high - like what you'd pay at a nicer spa in North America.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've been to a grand total of 2 spas during my residence in Korea, and I will definitely look to visit this one again. Go after 8pm and prices drop to 9,000 won for entry. Bargain, especially for the facilities.

The separate sex spa area was big enough with a variety of temperatures and sauna rooms. Changing rooms were very clean and hygienic. The main area of the spa was nothing short of awesome. 3 levels each offering different things. A wide variety of areas for you to kip, a dvd showing room, a room full of laz-e-boys (each with their own tv and cup holders), restaurant, cafe, cheap refreshments, saunas, steam rooms, cold rooms, heated floor area, the things i wanted to check out were everywhere! One of my top things was the outdoor foot spa area, includes booths for couples or a big central communal foot spa. Around the edges were pebbles in the ground which are meant to be therapeutic to walk on.

Friends of mine and I agree, this is a must try when in Korea

3  Thank Jimmy T
See more reviews
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Definitely a unique experience! On my first trip, I went with two male friends, leaving me to enter the jimjibang (korean baths) alone. It was very clean and enjoyable, but I recommend bringing a same-sex friend with you. i found many of the korean women sneaking glances of my naked body, which made me feel slightly uncomfortable. It's easily ignorable with a friend to laugh and talk with as I found out the second time a visited the baths. I would definitely recommend visiting. The co-ed time after the baths is great. There are many themed steam rooms such as charcoal, "turkish" bath, salt, ice, etc. Great price for the experience as well.

1  Thank Jennifer M