“Lots to do and see!”

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Lots to do and see!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I came to Korea to visit for 5 weeks in April of 2010 and Busan was on my list of places to see! At Haeundae beach, there is a lot to do, eat, shop, see and relax! This part of Busan has a wide range of things to do. During my time here, I ate at a very fancy French style restaurant that had incredible pizza and desserts, walked through the largest aquarium in Korea (right off the beach and very affordable), saw some amazingly modern hotels with live music, and even saw a Papa Johns! Ok, so its not authentic Korean food to see Papa Johns, but after such a long time away, it was a welcome sight. We (along with my best friend) also walked on the beach (don't wear a swimsuit- it seems most Koreans prefer to go to the beach fully clothed), saw the iconic mermaid statue, and also trodded along the mountainside pathway.
As a foreigner it was pleasant to have people come up to us, practice their Enlgish skills and be very welcoming. Out of all of the places I saw and visited in Korea, Haeundae beach is one place where I wish I had spent more time.

Visited October 2011

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Very Good”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This beach is good, but very crowded. Even if the water is just some 10~15 feet, chances are that you cannot see it due to the umbrellas (you can imagine the crowd)...... I would rather recommend Songdo beach than this beach simply because it is less crowded.
The positives are, there are many hotels and restaurants near the beach. I am a vegetarian and I even had an Indian restaurant (Ganga) just opposite to the beach & aquarium. There is a VIPS (steak and salad restaurant) where you can get a salad bar (buffet for vegetarians with pizzas, spaghetti, vegetables, fruits, desserts, soups, etc). Even the aquarium and subway station (Haeundae) is near to this beach.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Karthik R
Bandung, Indonesia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“the beach that refresh your body from summer heat”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went to Haeundae in early August, means summer. It was so hot there, but I couldnt handle the beach water calling, so I dipped my feet into the water. And it was really refreshing!
Compared to my experience when I went to Thailand or Pangandaran (Indonesia) or Bali the water is so much cooler.
And this review based on my subjectivity, because I love beach haha.. Even it was so crowded with people, blue umbrellas, and yellow swimming balloon *what should it called?* but Haeundae has own charm heheh.. I still love it!

Aah I still can feel the cold water on my feet *imagine*

Oh and when I was there, they put large screen which was playing PSY's video clip of Gangnam Style and others.. Maybe they play many song other than Psy too, but when I was there Psy's song always played.

Visited August 2012
Daegu, South Korea
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Surf and Sun”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Haeundae is a great beach, although it's not like as good as the Florida Gulf Coast (sorry for being a bit biased). It's an enjoyable walk during day or night. In summer, however, it's over crowded with beach goers from all over Korea.

Daegu, South Korea
“Crowded & dirty”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I went the last weekend in August, which is already off peak season, but it was still too crowded for me. Also very dirty. I didn't even want to get in the water. If you're in Busan, pick a beach a little farther out.

Visited August 2012