“Don't set your expectations high an you won't be disappointed!”

Quality Inn Central
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on a Friday evening in September. The hotel manager pleasantly checked us in at 9:30pm.Lobby is okay, but hotel appears very old. The guestroom we were assigned on the first floor was small. In fact the king bed took up most of the room. Shower was okay, definitey nothing special. The guestroom had a LCD TV mounted to the wall. It worked fine. The guestrooms have no closets built in, so the room had a "closet box" standing in the corner. Really did not find too much evidence of dirt or filth, everything just seemed "old". The indoor pool however is very small and the water appeared "cloudy". We didn't chance it. The hot breakfast was good for this type of peoprty (sausage patties and prefab egg omelet). Plenty of food and the dining area was very clean.

Odd thing was that there were signs everywhere in the lobby about rules (what you can't do). For example, no food or beverage was pemitted in the hotel lobby near the huge TV, but the dining side of the lobby was always roped off to keep people out except during breakfast.

In the middle of the night I went out to the lobby with my laptop to web surf (couldn't sleep). It was quiet for teh most part except for the ambulance that was lost. I later learned that a homeless person has walked into the lobby and asked for an ambuilance. He was sent outside and told to wait for the ambulance to arrive.

I have stayed at many hotels that were far far worse than this property, but in my opinion, the rate paid of $90/night was too high for the quality of this hotel.

Room Tip: Best rooms are elsewhere. Stay here if you have low expectations.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 27, 2011

The in room phone did not work, no cell signal if there was a fire I could not reach the front desk, nor use my cellphone. The toilet backed up on to the floor and the smell of feces was throughout the room, mildew on the windowsills. Never again.

Room Tip: View the room first, if you have a cellphone make sure you get a signal or the in-room phone works...
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jimmy M
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We were looking for a good value at a nice affordable hotel but not some run down motel. The Quality Inn surpassed my expectations. All the mattresses were new, the sheets were clean, and the service was great. There was a large flat-screen TV in the room and over 70 channels to chose from. The free breakfast in the morning was very nice, much more than coffee and donuts. If we are staying in the area again, I'll be sure to look this one up again.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stopped on way to Boston from Toronto. Everything was a expected.

1  Thank rocky190
Reviewed August 11, 2011

On the web its a clean & renovated hotel. However that’s not the case,the foyer is outdated & grimy.The clerk was friendly & checked us in promptly.I was shocked with the King room it hadn’t been updated in 20 yrs with the exception of the bedspread & the tv, there is barely enough room to walk around the bed. I checked the bed & there was hair in my sheets.I went to the desk & changed our room,there was hair again,I was told its from housekeeping,that shouldn’t happen.The next night I wanted an extra towel I was told to come get it,while there a man fell on the wet floor,it was raining,I was thankful it wasn’t me.The third day we were headed out & had to maneuver the hallway each morning with all of the housekeeping equipment & my husband tore his new Polo shirt on the metal fire extinguisher box that was in disrepair. If this was my first time at a Choice Hotel I would never stay again.

Room Tip: the doubles seemed to be renovated
1  Thank tristen u
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My wife is confined to a wheelchair. We came to Albany for medical treatment for her. This hotel was great for wheelchair access. The room was large and very compfortable. The breakfast rivals those at much larger name hotels. The pool was very nice. A great value that we will take advantage of again when we go back to Albany in August.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bubber8
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I would have given this hotel a 5 rating but we were put in a room on the second floor that is at the top of the stairs and outside of another door leading to the rest of the second floor rooms. All night long we heard people coming and going through the door and up and down the steps. It seems that every time we use our Choice Hotel points to get a free room, we get put in a terrible location or in the oldest/worst room. Besides this complaint, the hotel was in a good location, breakfast was good, and room was clean.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple