“Cheap and functional and did I say just functional?”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites
Ranked #40 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The kind of hotel you stay at when your biggest concern is getting a cheap and functional hotel room. Stayed for just one night. In a pinch will stay there again but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

we would like thank you for staying with us. we hope you enjoyed your stay. we are glad to hear you would stay with us again in the future. Again we would like to thank you for choosing super 8.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was in Albany NY to deliver a transit bus, which is what I do for a living. I had made the reservation earlier in the day and was told the cancellation time was 4p.m., which is not the normal time. I stay in hotels almost every night, I'm not that difficult to please, but this was the worse hotel I have ever stayed at!

Upon arrival, I noticed there were several people gathered around their room doors, "hanging out" and the property looked poorly maintained.

Upon getting my room key, which had to be redone four times because it wouldn't work, I checked out my room. The chairs were stained, the desk had gross looking stuff on it, there were gnats coming out of the sink, the tub was filthy, the sliding window in the bathroom had no lock so for security reasons I put a coat hanger to block it from sliding. The TV had "no signal", I decided to go online and read reviews. I saw one lady had posted about bed bugs, so I decided to look...no bugs, but I did find crumbs and hair in the bed. I went and asked for clean sheets and towels...and changed the linens myself.(I wasn't sure that the towels in the room were clean after finding the sheets had not been changed) I slept little, and got up two hours early just to get out of the room. I took a shower with a towel in the tub so I wouldn't have to put my feet on the nasty tub bottom.

I couldn't find an outlet to charge my phone.....the mattress was old and disgusting, So many things were bad that I can't even remember them all. If I had been in a car instead of a bus I would have left!!!! In FACT, If I had not had a flight today, I would have been better off sleeping on the bus.

Super 8 should be ashamed for having there name on this hotel. I will be calling Wyndhams today!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bobbie B
Reviewed August 30, 2013

we had to request a room change because there were hairs in the sheets. We then had to ask for a refund because the second bed had not only hairs but popcorn in it. It's obvious the staff don't wash the sheets but instead just re-tuck. Alex, you keep saying in response to all the reviews that all the issues have been addressed-not sure if that's the truth or if the staff just don't care to listen to you. If you don't do something about the place, you will only have skeevy people to rent to but then again, maybe that's why the rates are so cheap. On a positive note, the front desk kids were really nice and eager to please.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Room wasn't too bad. Bathroom needed tiles fixed, cleaned. The refidge was rusty on top didn't use it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

we would like to apologize to you if you were unhappy with your stay. We want to assure you all issues were fixed. Again we would like to apologize to you.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Decent location. Rooms are VERY old. Had to request room change as mattress was awful. Second room even less so. Wall outlets not secure and electrical plugs very loose. Dangerous. Place needs MAJOR renovation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

we would like to apologize to you for all issues you experienced during your stay. We are sorry to hear you had issues with the bed in the first room. we will address all issues will be addressed with housekeeping and maintenance staff I assure you all Issues will be taken care of. Again we would like to apologize to you again.