“The water was hot, that's the best thing I can say for the...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Carpet Inn & Suites

Red Carpet Inn & Suites
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Eliot
“The water was hot, that's the best thing I can say for the...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The water was hot, that's the best thing I can say for the room. There was blood and crayon drawings on the walls. The bathroom window had holes where it didn't fit the frame correctly. Walls were cracked and peeling. Only saving grace was the bedding and floors were clean. The staff gave excellent service. Our truck broke down, hense needing the room. Staff was helpful in finding parts dealer and tools.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
I would like to first for thank you for staying with our property. I am glad to hear our staff was helpful and professional. I would like to apologize to you for the conditions of your room. The maintenance staff was addressed with all issues. All issues were taken care of.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Keflavik, Iceland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was driving in quite late, and it was a Friday night + most of the hotels in my price range in this area were full. So I made a reservation at Super 8.

First, with the positives. The girl in the reception was nice and efficient. Also, contrary to what they advertise on their website, there IS wi-fi in the room. The sheets and the pillowcases were new and clean. Also, the towels in the bathroom were clean, and there was toilet paper. And there is a window in the bathroom (I was on the second floor), I could hear the birds singing, and jasmine aroma was drifting in...

Everything else is negative. First off, there are lots of very unfortunate-looking folks who live there. They sat outside of their units, some in wheelchairs, smoking, playing with pets and drinking. Behind them you could see their rooms, which are... well, you know what I am talking about.

The hotel is banged-up. My door had signs of being broken into (the indentation in the wooden frame, presumably from a crow bar or a similar device, the door chain with a piece that had been torn off..). The walls, the "carpet", the bed, everything is thoroughly stained and disgusting.
There was only tepid water in the shower.

There are other hotels in the area (see my review of the Red Roof Inn), which are in the same price range - stay there if you can. If everything else is taken, this one will serve fine for one night. And perhaps the stay there will remind you to be humble and grateful for your own cozy life. Early in the moving, I climbed into my car and started and exciting day, leaving behind Super 8 Albany with its unfortunate denizens who live a life of abject misery, steeped in drugs, alcohol, smoke, violence and illness, which ends in a premature, disgraceful death.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Necator N
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
we would like to apologize for all or any issues that you experienced during your stay. we are glad to hear our staff was as helpful as possible. all issues were addressed and taken care of. we appreciate your review. again we would like to apologize to you.
Stuarts Draft
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

i came for the truck parking. loose and dark tub tiles. shower water was barley warm. attendant was great. she helped me with my computer. the price was good @ $50 with tripple a.... jonas

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Jonas H
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I would like to apologize to you for any issues you may have experienced during your stay. Maintenance staff was addressed with all issues. All issues were taken care of. Again would like to apologize to you.
Stittsville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The location and price are good, this motel has large vehicle parking (we travel in a large motorthome) which we like, and a great area for our pet to run. Our room was not cleaned very well and not at all on the day we slept in. There were also ants, although we never saw them moving around, we left a dog biscuit on the floor and it was covered in ants within minutes. As this motel is very close to our motorhome dealer, we will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Patricia C
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We would like to thank you for staying at our property. We are glad to hear our truck parking suited your needs. We take all of our guests comments and concerns very seriously. We are very sorry about the conditions of your room. The housekeeping staff was addressed properly regarding these issues. We want to assure you that all of your comments and concerns we taken care of. Again we would like to apologize to you. And we hope to see you in the near future.
Patchogue, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I should have read the reviews before booking...was looking for an inexpensive place for the night before continuing my trip further north. The hotel was old and dirty. People were living there. I was afraid to take my shoes off. Someone was selling jeans out of her "home". Disgusting. Breakfast was very poor. The items were sparse and plates too small for the waffles.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JessicaandVic
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We can assure you that we do not tolerate anyone “selling” anything out of our hotel. I just wanted you to know that we are renovating our hotel and have updated a number of our rooms and will continue the updates. As far as the breakfast goes, we have just changed our breakfast and we are working on making sure there is a variety that can satisfy most travelers. We will look at the issue with the plates and make the appropriate changes. Thanks for your feedback.