“Entertaining”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Albany
“Entertaining”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this motel for work. It was booked by my supervisor. We were greeted by the kid from the omen, Damien, who asked, "Are you guys new here?" He was running rampant outside whilst his guardians were preoccupied, most likely using or selling narcotics. A van full of men pulled up while we were checking in who smoked cigarettes on the balcony while attentively watching us unpack our belongings. A man was taken away in an ambulance that night. The people at the sports bar down the street described it as a "crack motel." My coworker was scared away from the vending machine by two men wearing oversized jackets and hats with stickers still on them, both of whom had a large Pit bull. During the night I heard someone chanting lines from a roman catholic church mass and singing "Time of my life" from dirty dancing. This continued all night and kept me awake. I would not have been so upset had the wireless Internet actually worked. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I would like to apologize to you for any issues or discomfort you experienced during your stay. I would like to assure you that all of the issues were addressed including the internet. I also would like to apologize for any noise our other guests might have made and our front desk staff takes noise very seriously and want all of our guests to have a comfortable and pleasant stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed November 1, 2012

First, I would like to make it quite clear that we stayed beneath a room whos tenants clearly lived there long term with a small child and may or may not have been dealing drugs throughout the night. Our room smells like the bottom of a hockey bag if that hockey bag was left in a tollboth which the homeless use as a toilet mixed with a used ashtray. There are suspect goings on taking place as I write this review. While we were leaving for dinner we witnessed a man being loaded into an ambulance next to our vehicle. The walls are paper thin and we can hear the domestic disputes taking place between two adults. The only words I can use to describe the level of cleanliness are putrid and deplorable. Our bathroom window does not lock and we fear for our lives tonight. May god have mercy on anyone who chooses this destination for any occasion. I should have booked the bench at the metro bus stop if I knew we would be paying for the same accommodations. The end

• Stayed November 2012
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
i would like to deeply apologize to you for the issues you experienced at our property. I would like to also apologize for the noise that you experienced. After speaking to the front desk clerk she tried to keep noise under control. As for the cleanliness issues, I would like to assure you that we inspect our rooms and i am sorry for the issues you experienced and the conditions of the rooms. Housekeeping has addressed your concerns and all issues were taken care of. again i would like to apologize to you.
SARANAC
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our room was clean and desk person was great.I travel with 2 small dogs.. Pet friendly nice clean towels internet and Only noisey about 930 pm...someone yelling out side called desk and noise stopped....Pleased overall....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I would like to thank you for staying at our property i am glad to hear that the staff was great and you were pleased with your stay. we would love it if you stayed with us again.
London
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Super8 is my motel chain of choice when doing road trips in the US. This was a horrible exception. Did not get a very safe feeling. On parking, the car parked next to me was completely full of plastic bottles and plastic bags. Thereafter a police car swang by on their night circuit (routine stop it appeared). Then the sheets in the room had not been changed and there was a bag of trash behind the door. At this point, I decided to leave and find another hotel. To his credit, the receptionist was apologetic and the money duly refunded into my credit card.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
We would like to deeply apologize to you for any discomfort or any issues you may have experienced during your stay. Housekeeping staff was spoken regarding the conditions of the sheets and the trash in the rooms. again we would like to apologize to you.
Reviewed September 15, 2012

These people are so ignorant I don't even know what to say. We came with a van with a trailer on the back, so we could only drive forward. Well someone parked with their huge freaking boat on the side of the place and we couldn't get past. We asked the desk to ask them to move, and they wouldn't, saying they told them to park there. It was so dumb. We had to back up around the entire motel.

Oh, and the rooms are gross and smell stale.

• Stayed September 2012
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
i would like to apologize to you for the front desk making it difficult for you to park in our motel. front desk was spoken as well as housekeeping staff on any smell that might have been in the room. again we would like to apologize to you.
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2012

That was the first time we saw a Super 8 in that condition; really filthy. There was black stains on walls everywhere, there was a coffee stain on linen, there was a napking on a chewing gum on a wall, when we opened up the bathroom window, we discover there was no screen and the back of the building was a dump; there was plastic bags, bottle of beers and wine, cardboard...
Even though the price is attractive, don't go there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
We would like to deeply apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay. We strive to provide the best quality possible for our guests. I ensure you that the housekeeping staff has been made aware of the concerns that you experienced. We are looking at new processes to address any housekeeping and maintenance issues that may exist before a guest arrives at our property. We have addressed your concerns and look forward for another opportunity to serve you in the future. Again we apologize
Shannon, Québec, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I checked in at midnight with my husband, my mother and my 4 children. We were driving for 14 hours and were extenuated. I asked to see the rooms before paying for it. The clerk gave me a key, which didn't work. I came back to the front desk. The clerk gave me a key for a different room. I open the bed sheets and there were body hair in the bed. The bathroom sink was dirty with toothpaste. I told the clerk that and he asked me if I want the room or want to see another room. I asked to see another room. The second room, I open the bed sheets and again there is body hair and crumbs like someone ate cookie in bed. The bathroom is dirty with toothpaste all over the sink. Obviously, the rooms had not been clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
First I would like to apologize for your experience at our hotel. We are looking at the communication between the Front Desk and Housekeeping staff as these rooms were obviously not cleaned after the previous guests checked out. We ask our staff to verify the housekeeping report that the rooms are clean and ready for our next guest. I have discussed this with both departments and assure you that this will not be an issue in the future. Please give us another opportunity in the future to have you stay and enjoy a clean and well maintained room.