“The people make a huge difference” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Albany Thruway

Courtyard Albany Thruway
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Albany
“The people make a huge difference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

I am used to giving a high rating to this hotel. The only difference this time is that they are undergoing major renovations. Despite this the staff go way out of their way every time. The gm is an absolute professional. Everyone at this property exemplifies what service and professionalism. Even when my business is closer to other properties -even other Marriott's I will drive the extra few minutes to stay here.

• Stayed December 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

This hotel is standard Marriott, and a decent location (if you know where you're going, as there are several toll roads around). The hotel is across the street from the quiet University of Albany, which offers decent views. Free parking, connected to a gas station and a large chain donut shop. Interesting room layout with an extra sink in the bedroom. The TV is old and analog, but the bed was comfortable. We stayed on points, so cannot comment on price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Ashtabula, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

We chose this hotel as it was an easy off/on I90. It is very easy to get in and out of the parking lot on Washington Ave. The area is safe and all facilities on the street seem new. It is also a couple blocks from the mall. The employess at the hotel were all friendly. The room was clean and very comfortable. My only negative, as with all Courtyards, is the breakfast. It is so not worth it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

I've stayed at this CY multiple times over the past 10 months. It is my default if I am anywhere near Albany. The difference is the staff. I have interacted with everyone from the management to the housekeeping staff to the engineers, sales staff, and front desk staff. They are ALL pleasant, professional, prompt, and go above and beyond. They remind me why I pick Marriott properties every opportunity I get. I choose this property first and a close second is th CY on Wolf Rd. I choose them over the full service Marriott right across Wolf road because the properties are well kept and staffs are outstanding. There isn't enough space or time to list all of the little things they do to make the trip better. Every staff person I have encountered at this property has done at least one thing during my visits that is noteworthy in any other setting but just the norm at this property. Their manager, Andy, is impressive in his own right. Nothing is ever a problem. He seems to genuinely care if my stay is going well and that I choose his hotel. He is exceptionally sincere and has built a team I enjoy seeing.

I travel a lot in the northeast and put this property at the top of the list for value and service.

• Stayed August 2010
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2009

It was what you'd expect from this respected high-end budget chain. The interior room was good as you'd expect. The view out the front was nice and serene overlooking U of Albany. The back was facing the Expressway and would have been noisey if I hadn't switched sides. They subscribed to the latest high-tech document print website which made it very esy to print from my lap top; just had to go downstairs to get it. They had beers for sale in a cold bucket at cocktail time.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

I stayed at this hotel on points for one night in the area. It is very conveniently located across the street from SUNY Albany just off the thruway and I-90. During rush hour, the roads were packed, however, it dies down pretty quickly after.

The front-desk staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was nice and clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and very new.

If I didn't stay on the points, I would have no problem paying out of pocket to stay here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

We stayed at The Courtyard Albany Thruway for only one night on October 17, 2009. The girl at check-in was probably the BEST person I have ever encountered at a Marriott resort. She was quick, professional and very friendly. I noticed the Manager (I believe) was very present at all times and I think this made a difference.

There was a loud group of cheerleaders in the pool Saturday night. I did not stay in the pool due to their screaming and could hear them while in my second floor room. But it was very shortly thereafter that I think the hotel staff quieted them because the screaming stopped very quickly.

The breakfast buffet was good and has a limited selection of eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, fruit, juices, yogurt and pastries. The service was good with the waitress filling our orange juice and coffee quickly.

The hotel is very clean and well kept. Everything in our room worked and the room seemed very clean. The lobby looks to have been recently renovated and modern. The pool area was clean and the pool and Jacuzzi worked properly. The staff regularly placed new towels on the back of the chairs for the guests. They also straighten and cleaned the pool area several times during our stay.

The staff is excellent! I only wish I were able to spend more time at this excellent hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family