“Front desk Jennifer deserves a whopping raise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY

Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Albany
“Front desk Jennifer deserves a whopping raise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

So many service folks are robotic in their interactions. Not so with young woman named Jennifer at front desk. She was genuine, humane, funny and truly helpful. When she learned I was in Albany for funeral and to observe Jewish custom of sitting shiva she offered to cover up mirrors in my room. Hats off to her. Kudos. Brava. Give her a promotion. Because of her I will return.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Meshugah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pell City, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is definitely a place to stay if you need something for a week or so. OK room, not the cleanest but when we checked in at 7pm it wasn't ready and we had to wait for it to be cleaned. It seems that they had a problem of overbooking and folks were being turned away. We actually had a room waiting for us but why it was not cleaned by 7pm, I do not know. I am not picky but a dirty wet towel left on bathroom floor is nasty. There is no pool and they advertise a grab and go breakfast. Since I was meeting friends for breakfast I didnt care but saw a family of four tell a member of staff that there were no rolls or bagels left out at 8:30am and instead of getting some more, she just shrugged her shoulders and walked away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Atl30309
GM-ESAalbany, Front Office Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
August 14, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I would like to apologize that your room was not ready for you at your time of check in, and did not meet our standards of cleanliness. The staff and I are currently working to improve our communication procedures to ensure situations like the one you described do not happen again.

Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make sure your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at alb@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night. The room was big and clean and had a fully equiped kitchen. The hotel is definitely better for extended stays. One big plus: It was very calm. TV did not work properly. Manager would have been available at the next morning to fix it.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home and to uphold our company's high standards, we will continue to focus on improving our hotel and its offerings.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at alb@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night here after traveling to, and then touring, Cooperstown. We didn't realize the weekend we chose to tour Cooperstown was Induction Weekend! Needless to say, there were no rooms close to Cooperstown; however, this was an easy drive from there.

We were traveling with friends and only spent one night, so we didn't really need the large fridge or cooktop. I will remark that there were odd numbers of dishes: one glass, but two cups and plates, etc. There was no dishwashing liquid, so we had to leave the dishes for the maid.

The room was comfortable, and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful. We had dinner at the Standard Restaurant and Lounge, a great find in the Crossgates Mall. The restaurant is locally owned, and the food was wonderful - we recommend it.

The only drawback at the Extended Stay is their "grab-and-go" breakfast. There were muffins and instant oatmeal, but the fruit was small and not appealing. You take your breakfast back to your room, which is fine.

The hotel is almost directly across from SUNY so it could be a great location if you have business there.

Stayed July 2013
Okemos, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stay here for one night with my brother. The main reason for staying here is to visit SUNY Albany, my brother is SUNY new coming student this year. The hotel is just right across the street from SUNY Albany, the hotel area is very quiet. The room is big enough for family and also included kitchen area. The manager is very friendly and the hotel price is very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank YS S
rotterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We got this hotel witch a great priceline rate. The girls at the desk were very friendly and gave plenty of information
The room was big with a nice kitchen and big fridge which is great because you get tired of the restaurant food when you are on holiday.
It was very clean and I did liked the colors they used.
Would recommend this hotel to everybody

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 months (Jan 13'-June 13') atleast 4 nights a week sometimes 10+ days in a row so I can say I have a complete review....

I initially approached extended stay after dealing with them in Vinnings, GA area and asked if I could get a discounted rate if I planned to stay for a few nights a week for a couple months. Lucy at the desk gladly took my information to forward to the General Manager, to my surprise I got a call right back that evening. I explained my circumstance and he offered me a very generous rate. I checked in the following week knowing how the rooms are set up I wasn't to picky besides just asking for the first floor, which they gladly gave me. I then went to third shift at work and had a unusual time I would have to check in and again no questions asked bent over backwards to be sure I had a room every week at 730am. After a couple of months I wound up having to stay on the second floor due to availability I found it was much quieter up top during the day for me to sleep so I continued requesting the second floor and was always accommodated. As for the staff I mostly dealt with Lucy on check ins who was great and Jen on check out days. Jen no questions asked took care of me for all my needs and was very organized having my weekly receipt ready and booking my room for the following week. Lucy did great always accommodating me to my check in and greated me with a smile at 730am. Every staff member was great to deal with but I mostly dealt with them. Overall I would recommend this hotel to everyone especially if you are planning a long stay in the area, the rooms are great having the little kitchenette microwave toaster and full fridge and Walmart only being a 5 minute drive.

• Stayed January 2013