“Fine place to stay”

Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here Memorial Day weekend, and it's a fine place to stay. Only planned to stay one night even though it's an extended stay place.

We brought our dog, and their extra fee for having a pet was clearly stated, reasonable, and also explained at check-in. Although the hallway smelled smokey, our non-smoking room did not. The room was comfortable -- king size bed was firm. Also had a reclining chair. TV worked well. WIFI connected easily and worked well.

The included breakfast was "grab and go" as advertised -- just coffee, pre-wrapped muffins and granola bars, stuff like that. So if you need or expect something more, just be prepared.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel was very basic. It was actually fine for my one night stay but if I had to stay longer I may have looked elsewhere. It boasts a total renovation but my room, although very clean, did not appear to be updated. Everything in it was nowhere near new from the appliances to the furniture etc. It had little ambiance and was extremely basic, but again, if you only need to stay a night, for the price it was fine. Staff was friendly although a little overwhelmed...which was not her fault as it was graduation weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank elsbells63
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we were not able to do this for you. To uphold our company's high standards, we will continue to focus on improving our hotel and its offerings.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at alb@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at this location recently for four months because a family member was ill and was being treated at Albany Medical. The staff at the front desk (especially Jennifer and Lucy) were very friendly and helpful....genuinely concerned about our family situation. They always had a warm greeting, and made us feel like family. The housekeeping staff was also very courteous and professional, and would always greet us. The room was clean and comfortable, and we were allowed to have our little dog with us, for which we were very grateful. The hotel was quiet, and having the fully equipped kitchen let us keep our own schedule save on eating out. We would definitely recommend this location to anyone needing a long term solution, with complete flexibilty.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor, near an outside exit, making it especially convenient for taking ou...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I seem to always be checking in when Jennifer is running the desk, and the service from her (and the rest of the staff) is always top notch. The rooms are simple yet totally worth it, with a full kitchen as an added bonus when you're on a business trip and just don't want to head back out (as the only place within 2 mins for food is a gas station two doors down).

As an added bonus, the whole establishment got a nice overhaul last year, and the improvement shows. I'm usually booking through Priceline, and this is my place of preference in Albany for an easy night's stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am still in this hotel, and would most probably extend my stay. Nice room, nice place to stay. Lucy at the reception is great, very good in customer service, very freindly lady. Thanks, Lucy
and keep it that way.

Room Tip: Nice place to stay and the price is competitive
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Everything was great, clean hotels, great little kitchens, pots pans, refrigerator, the staff is great and friendly especially lucy. Have had no problems with gettin anything jsuch as towels, ans things of that nature and the beds are very comfortable Ill be stay here for the duration of my stay in Albany, New York

• Stayed: April 2013
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I will only stay here any time i am in Albany Rooms are grate Lucy is amazing and sweet lots of help. Wood be nice if there was a in door pool and wight room. I stayed for several weeks and Lucy always had a smill and was willing to help. Her attitude was always positive. Best hotel for the price. Great value! The location has easy access to I - 90 and is centrally located. The rooms are nice with everything needed to make a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business