WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Albany, New York, USA
“Good stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed in the airfied Inn last month. It's a good stay but just a little bit pricey. The room is clean, food is very good. The location is the best. Easy access to highway and the SUNY-Albany is right across street.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel.

I was happy to hear that you found your stay to be both enjoyable and convenient. You may find that our rates are more in line with your expectations the next time that you are in town since they vary based on market conditions and the Capital Region is especially busy at the end of the summer .

We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Couldn't be any closer to UAlbany. The service staff and housekeeping are great, rooms clean and neat and a mini fridge in room. However, breakfast is not as good as HI Express. Offerings limited, eggs absolutely inedible. The indoor pool is directly off the lobby and pervasive odor of chlorine is very off-putting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

I appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast, particularly our eggs. As our hot breakfast is a new offering, we have been testing a few different products and I welcome your candor. In addition, we are investigating the chlorine scent that you mentioned.

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our service. I hope that you will find the breakfast and lobby scent improved on your next visit.
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Great location to get off and back on I90. The room was comfortable and the bed and shower very good. Service was great and they pointed us to a place for dinner and even gave us written directions to take. The only drawback is the room had little soundproofing and we awoke to outside noise numerous times. Overall we would stay again but might turn on white noise app.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, though I was disappointed to hear that your stay was disrupted by outside noise. I hope that your next stay will be more relaxing.
Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

stayed again at the Fairfield SUNY. As it was summer, the hotel was quite full and the rates increased too! But this time all the problems I faced with respect to parking lights and refrigerator were resolved. They did have curtains that blocked the entire light!! Also on request a refrigerator was moved to my room almost immediately from the time I made the request. very prompt and efficient. So it was better than last time. Except that the breakfast area tends to get crowded if you are at there at the right time! They even added items to the spread making it better than last time. So definitely worth staying again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I was pleased to read that this stay was better than your last and hope that we see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a one night stay while car traveling. The room was comfortable, the pool open late to let my kids expend some energy and the breakfast in the morning was great. Would definitely stay again. This is all I have to say eventhough the review is asking for 200 words... blah, blah, blah, blah

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your experience at our hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future!
wayne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here using my Marriott points. It was about 2 minutes off I95. The staff is very friendly. The room appeared clean but had a noticeable stale odor, and was bland in appearance. The breakfast was well stocked and clean and fresh. I would stay here again, but may use caution during a college event, as the walls were not very soundproof and we could easily hear any extraneous noise.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I was sorry to hear that your room did not exceed expectations. We are currently exploring some options that will freshen up our room experience that I hope will improve your next visit.

Thank you also for your kind words about our staff and our breakfast. In fact, we have recently enhanced our breakfast experience to include scrambled eggs, sausage and fresh cut fruit.

We look forward to your next visit with us!
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have stayed here before and am not dissatisfied with the hotel, the location is great and the staff is terrific and friendly.
I get "supply and demand" but paying $179 here is a bit too high for just about any Fairfield. Fairfield is the "budget" business brand for Marriott and I have stayed in Marriott hotels for less on occasion. In fairness, quite a few places were sold out in the area when I needed to be there for 3 nights...but still....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review, especially as it pertains to our staff!

Thank you also for sharing your concerns regarding our rates. I appreciate that our guests are often working within budget expectations and will make sure that we are being mindful of this in our future pricing decisions.

I hope to see you again soon!