“Elektra gave the best hotel first impression ever!”

Hampton Inn Albany-Western Ave/University Area
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Albany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I've stayed in many hotels around the world from basic to 5-star and I must say that when I came in after a long day on the road and was warmly welcomed by Elektra at the front desk, it was truly memorable. This young lady was so personable and pleasant, she made me very happy that I had chosen your particular hotel to stay at that night. I sell Arbonne products and gifted her with a little sample gift I had in my bag to say thanks because she came across as an amazing individual. Within the hour she had written a lovely thank you note and had it slipped under my door. The following morning she was off duty. Others were very pleasant as well, but did not stand out like Elektra.

The hotel is immaculate, the beds incredibly comfortable, the rooms well appointed with flat screen TV, free high speed internet, mini refrigerator, coffee, ironing board...everything you need. I encourage anyone who needs to stay in the Albany area to give your hotel a try. Clearly this is a new Holiday Inn in mindset and customer service, not jus the obvious face lift and rebranding. Best of luck and keep up the good work hiring wonderful individuals such as Elektra.

Lynn Makris, Arbonne Independent Consultant, Rockville, MD

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
ExpressAlbany_NY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Albany-Western Ave/University Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2009

Wow! Thank you so much for these great comments on Elektra. I have already printed this out to give her a copy and to post another on our Bulletin Board. We also use these comments to buy appreciation gifts to the staff so you can be sure that she will be rewarded for her wonderful work!

We hope to see you again in the future. I am available to assist you in any upcoming reservations or special requests!

Kathy Tabora
ktabora@turfhotels.com

Reviewed August 11, 2009

Picked this hotel because we are Priority Club members and figured we would take advantage and get points for our 2 night stay. It is also recommended by UAlbany to stay when you are going to Giants Training Camp, so we figured it would be good. Staff was always friendly and willing to help at any time of the day. One of the cleanest, and well taken care of Holiday Inn's we have ever stayed at. D&D, Starbucks, TGIF's nearbye in Stuveysant Mall (? spelling) lots of small stores to walk around too. Also one or two exits away is Colonie Mall-Cheesecake Factory and many other options. Pool area was clean and refreshing after being out at training camp all day, especially for my 5 and 9 year olds! Kids did not want to leave. Overall, Great hotel, Great Staff, Great Breakfast Buffet, Great place to satay for Giants Training Camp.

1  Thank zll
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Checked the reviews posted here when I had to stay in Albany.

Nice to report that everything was not just good, but excellent, and I can see how this facility got to #1 as a combination of price and quality.

Wife says "VERY CLEAN" and impressed by the material and workmanship in the bathrooms.

The only problem I had was getting there, and that's nothing to do with the hotel.

The breakfast bar was really good, the front desk staff was completely over the top not just with me but from what I could see, every body.

And these guys KNOW that they are being watched by TripAdvisor, very aware of it.

1  Thank randgust
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We stayed overnite here while on our way to visit family on the east coast. We selected this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. The staff were very friendly and when we had to call the front desk about our malfunctioning air conditioner, they sent a maintenance man right away. The complimentary breakfast was great and we'd recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Albany. The only negative thing I can comment on was the plugged shower drain. A minor glitch to an otherwise enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacdean
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We planned a last minute trip to see the Giants practice at the University of Albany. I read reviews on Trip advisor for the best hotel in the area and low and behold Holiday Inn Express came up. We were really happy with the accommodations. Clean, friendly, close to training fields. The staff was extremely friendly but I have to give Elektra, the front desk girl, the highest accolades. She was so amazing. She made sure our stay was perfect! Breakfast was free and it was wonderful for your average continental breakfast. Cinnamon buns were the best, omelets not so much.
Bathrooms were clean and looked very new. Beds were comfortable and they had pillows marked soft and firm. One of the most remarkable things was the quietness! Our room was 233 right in between 2 elevators, this made me very nervous because we were recently in another Holiday Inn and the walls were paper thing. We heard NOTHING! I would definitely return to this hotel again!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Came across this Holiday Inn Express on way into Albany on college search trip with 2 sixteen yr olds.... Price & location were right, so booked one night. I am a priority club member and have stayed at 6 other Holiday Inns within the past year. They do vary from location to location! Booked a second night after we found how CLEAN, ACCOMMODATING, AND COMPLETE this facility is. Everything there that should be there and in working order. Each staff member friendly and helpful, even in busy times. Especially liked the warm temp of the pool -- so relaxing after walking miles through college campuses. Also nice to have a 24 hour store next to the front desk. My grandchildren always are in need of something! This is far enough off the interstates to be very quiet. Not a lot of choice for neighboring restaurants. Next time I will ask the staff for ideas.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights. Very comfortable and clean room. Location is ideal. Highly recommend this Hotel.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business