“Yeah, this is a good one!”

Hampton Inn Albany-Western Ave/University Area
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Albany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Checked the reviews posted here when I had to stay in Albany.

Nice to report that everything was not just good, but excellent, and I can see how this facility got to #1 as a combination of price and quality.

Wife says "VERY CLEAN" and impressed by the material and workmanship in the bathrooms.

The only problem I had was getting there, and that's nothing to do with the hotel.

The breakfast bar was really good, the front desk staff was completely over the top not just with me but from what I could see, every body.

And these guys KNOW that they are being watched by TripAdvisor, very aware of it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank randgust

Reviewed August 8, 2009

We stayed overnite here while on our way to visit family on the east coast. We selected this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. The staff were very friendly and when we had to call the front desk about our malfunctioning air conditioner, they sent a maintenance man right away. The complimentary breakfast was great and we'd recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Albany. The only negative thing I can comment on was the plugged shower drain. A minor glitch to an otherwise enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacdean
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We planned a last minute trip to see the Giants practice at the University of Albany. I read reviews on Trip advisor for the best hotel in the area and low and behold Holiday Inn Express came up. We were really happy with the accommodations. Clean, friendly, close to training fields. The staff was extremely friendly but I have to give Elektra, the front desk girl, the highest accolades. She was so amazing. She made sure our stay was perfect! Breakfast was free and it was wonderful for your average continental breakfast. Cinnamon buns were the best, omelets not so much.
Bathrooms were clean and looked very new. Beds were comfortable and they had pillows marked soft and firm. One of the most remarkable things was the quietness! Our room was 233 right in between 2 elevators, this made me very nervous because we were recently in another Holiday Inn and the walls were paper thing. We heard NOTHING! I would definitely return to this hotel again!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Came across this Holiday Inn Express on way into Albany on college search trip with 2 sixteen yr olds.... Price & location were right, so booked one night. I am a priority club member and have stayed at 6 other Holiday Inns within the past year. They do vary from location to location! Booked a second night after we found how CLEAN, ACCOMMODATING, AND COMPLETE this facility is. Everything there that should be there and in working order. Each staff member friendly and helpful, even in busy times. Especially liked the warm temp of the pool -- so relaxing after walking miles through college campuses. Also nice to have a 24 hour store next to the front desk. My grandchildren always are in need of something! This is far enough off the interstates to be very quiet. Not a lot of choice for neighboring restaurants. Next time I will ask the staff for ideas.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights. Very comfortable and clean room. Location is ideal. Highly recommend this Hotel.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We needed to break our journey from Toronto to Cape Cod, drove all day in pouring rain - missed the exit onff the Interstate 90 and found ourselves hurtling south to the Big Apple; but arrived eventually! very welcoming and sympathetic staff, nice chocy treat to keep up the energy levels until dinner. Lovely comfortable room ; like rooms with bottled water and fridges = excellent value for money. Too late and tired to use the pool, but plenty of other folk were using it. No restaurant but we found one a block down the road, and slept like a log, peaceful and quiet. A very good generous breakfast in elegant surroundings, shame about some of the piglets making free - we felt positively slim besides some of our fellow travellers! Not likely to be in the area again (UK residents) but have always liked Holiday Inn Express chain.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I have been renovating a house in the area on the weekends with my husband since February and I have stayed at this hotel on most every weekend since then and I just wanted to state that they have continued to be an outstanding hotel with wonderful customer service and clean rooms and a plentiful free breakfast buffet and I would recommend this hotel highly if you will be staying in the Albany area. Since I have been there so often I almost feel like it's my second home on the weekends :-) You won't regret staying there.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple