“Great staff and great hotel”

Hampton Inn Albany-Western Ave/University Area
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Albany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
“Great staff and great hotel”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed two nights recently and found the hotel staff incredibly friendly, helpful and professional. Very welcoming and could not do enough for you.Very clean hotel, well-equipped rooms--with microwaves!--a well-stocked snack shop and the best self-serve breakfast--just delicious. Overall an excellent experience. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ExpressAlbany_NY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Albany-Western Ave/University Area, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. We share all these reviews with our staff and wanted you to know how much they appreciate hearing this.

If you can ever think of anything we can do better....we are working on our 2014 New years Resolutions and love the input from the guest. After all, if it isn't important to the guest, well...it shouldn't be all that important to us.

Kathy Tabora

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Toronto
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed for one night while passing through Albany on business. As others have mentioned, the hotel in convienient to the Interstate, is easy to find, has plenty of parking, and is close to restaurants and what looked like a fairly large shopping mall.

The proerty is clean and well maintained. Everything worked well, and I found the hotel provided a good nights sleep; everything was quite as was the ac unit. However, I would have to describe the room as just average in size; when working at the desk, the back of the chair was against the bed. Also, I found the beds too soft, especially the sides closest to the night stand, which get the most use.

All in all, this is a good place to stay, but didn't offer great value for what I thought was a rather steep rate.

1 Thank ToSquareBob1
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your experience! We have discussed your comments and are making sure the mattresses in all rooms are getting rotated in a timely fashion as this will keep them in quality condition.

While comfort of mattress can be subjective, they should not be too soft. If you have an extra minute I'd love to know which room you were in so I can check on those particular beds?

I can be reached at ktabora@turfhotels.com

Yes, the double queen rooms can offer a close fit with the chair at the table. For a more accommodating workspace I would suggest one of our king rooms? They are designed with the business traveler in mind and you may find them better suited.

Again, thank you for the comments; you have given us some solid ideas on how we can do better.

I hope that on your next trip we can show you these improvements to improve the value of your trip.

Goderich, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight en route and found the hotel easy to reach, well thought out for amenities and comfort. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Bed was terrific, self-serve breakfast fine and check-in, checkout very easy. Restaurants and area shopping are plentiful and good. Very attractive city.Strongly recommended.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Looks like we kept our eye on the ball!! Thank you for giving us your business and for taking some extra time to share your experience!!

If you have just one thing that we can do better, we are working on our New Years resolution for 2014!!

Saint Albans, Vermont
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay here. My daughter had to come to albany for business and i tagged along to do some shopping and to keep her company. The hotel is near the malls and good restaurants. The staff is very friendly and polite. I had to call the front desk twice; once for blankets ( they only have one for each bed and we're blanket lovers!) and again in the morning for toothpaste ( we forgot ours)! They delivered the needed items to our room very promptly. Nice to have free bottled water in the rooms, very comfy beds, nice tv and very clean modern bathrooms. Nice free breakfast with plenty of healthy choices as well as the usual cinnamon rolls and bacon/eggs. Always my first choice hotel for stays in albany.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
So glad we are able to offer a great stay when you come to town.

This month, our team has been especially thankful of the ability to hear these great reviews straight from our guests. We have also been taking an extra moment to reflect on the fact that our guests have a choice of hotels, and that they choose us! So we have been offering double thanks all month!!

Thank you for the business, and thank you sharing our experience here on TripAdvisor!

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I recently had a hotel reservation booked at this Holiday Inn - a 4 night stay and made the horrible mistake of not reading the "fine print". I booked the "Book Early & Save" deal....it should be termed "Book and Pay Full Amount and if Cancelled YOU Loss ALL YOUR MONEY! DEAL". I lost almost $600 dollars on this due to having to cancel....I called 4 days in advance to cancel a 4 day reservation and they proceeded to charge my credit card the FULL AMOUNT of the stay...lost the entire $600. What a rip off and very arrogant and rude employees too!

Room Tip: DON"T STAY HERE - Be particularly careful with the "fine print" in their deals!
5 Thank Alexia G
ExpressAlbany_NY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Albany-Western Ave/University Area, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Please accept my apology if I sounded rude or arrogant in our email exchange. It certainly was not my intent to come across in that manner and I am very sorry. The terms of this discounted rate are listed prominently next to the available booking options and have become very common in the industry.

As previously offered in my private email, I do hope that you consider using the credit from the Book Early and Save rate at some point in the next twelve months. I understand that this is significant amount of money and hope that once you do stay with us we can provide you with a level of service that exceeds your expectations.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is the third time I stayed here for business! Staff were very friendly, helpful, made you feel welcome and treated you like family. The breakfast buffet had excellent choices to satisfy even the picky eater. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. This location to close to everything, the mall, restaurants, major highways and the airport. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your business. There are quite a few choices in town and we appreciate that you picked us. We also love to hear these reviews!

If there is anything we can do to make our hotel better, we would love to hear from our guests. Next time you come maybe you can give us an idea or two?

Venice, Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last night on our way to PA. Just a quick stop over but the place was very nice and clean. The bed was AWESOME. We actually asked the front desk about the brand (Certa Pillowtop) and the woman said we were the third people to ask her that. The breakfast was excellent and opened at 6am on Saturday which was good for us. The pool area looked nice but we were too tired to go. Right off the interstate. Good stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! I hope you still like us when i tell you there was a slight error in the brand of mattress. It is actually a Simmons. If you would like to email me privately I can attach a flyer with all the pertinent details. I will also make sure everyone at the desk knows so we can answer this correctly for the fourth person! :)

I can be reached at ktabora@turfhotels.com

also...please come back and use the pool. Nothing, I mean nothing, is better than that pool at 85 degrees when there is snow outside!!. ok, maybe a hot tub at Killington...