Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsexpress breakfasttimes union centerfree shuttletrain stationroom was cleancinnamon rollsshuttle servicehudson riverthe hotel offershi expresswalking distancefree breakfastalbany downtownlight sleeperflat screennew yorkpool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Stayed here using the State rate. Apparently the Crown Plaza dont take it anymore and the Hampton Inn were sold out. The location is OK, make sure you get a room that does not face out onto the 787. It's not really in the center of the downtown action, not that there is any. The biggest thing this place has going for it is the free parking. Very rare. The Hotel was OK. The 'fitness center' was pretty poor. No weights to speak of. The room was modern and clean, but the pillows a little blah. Breakfast was standard and free...unlike the Crown Plaza. I'll probably stay again, as I said the free parking and low state rate is a winner.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Stayed here March 5th-7th for a basketball tournament at the Times Union Center in downtown Albany. Nice, clean hotel with very friendly staff to answer our questions of what to do in downtown Albany. Got a King bed room and was surprised at the size of the room, very large. The hotel is right off of the highway and walking distance to everything that is in the downtown area. Pleanty of plarking as well at the Hotel. Good selection of food at the continental breakfast, but get there early, as we got down there around 9:30am and most of the food was gone by then. (10am they close up) Overall, would stay here again for a very affordable nice clean stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

For many years, my family and I have traveled many states following my daughter's basketball career. Though we've stayed in Albany, NY in previous years, this is the first time we've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Quality customer service, spacious, clean, comfortable rooms, convenient location, and value are some of the more important qualities one would look for when traveling. At HI Express Andy, Tommy, and Frazier and the rest of the staff exemplify what quality customer service should be. For our entire stay we were made to feel welcome. Our accommodations exceeded our expectations. Our room, the continental breakfast, and ammentities were exceedingly more pleasant than most hotels we've stayed in. We couldn't ask for anything more. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the downtown Albany, NY area for any occassion.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2010

I was taking the train from Ontario to Florida and as an alternative to an overnight in New York City to save costs, I stayed in Albany as my connecting train left mid afternoon and same day connections don't work out. I booked my overnight at the Holiday Inn Express and I was impressed with the warm welcome and the friendly helpful service that I received. The free shuttle to and from the Train Station was an added bonus and if they don't have a driver available to pick you up, they pay for your cab to the Hotel from the Train Station.

The rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The washroom is a bit small but you get everything you need and the shower works very well with no problems. They have a pool and hot-tub with a basic work out room but for an overnight stay it was fine. Clean and basic and nothing to complain about. The hotel is in a downtown location just off a highway but you don't hear anything at night as the windows are sound proof. The downtown core is within a 10 minute walk and offers plenty of pubs and restaurants to choose from. The business district is also located down town.

They do offer a free breakfast in the morning. Nothing major just a basic continental breakfast with bacon, eggs, cereal, tost, coffee and juice. Hot Cinnamon buns are also available. A business center is also available for those who need to check their emails.

I would recommend this hotel for someone who is on the road and needs a place to stay for the night or someone who is traveling and is off the train for the night. The facilities at this hotel are limited and are intended for someone who is in for a night or two. Really a no frills hotel but clean, basic and comfortable. Again I was very impressed with the friendliness and the service. On my next trip through Albany I would definitely call in at the Holiday inn Express.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank D_Train_Traveler
Reviewed December 30, 2009

I stayed here on Dec 26, 2009 to attend a wwe wrestling event. The hotel was very convenient to the times union center. The rate of the room was very reasonable especially during the holiday season. The room was large and very clean and we were very happy. The front desk was very helpful in suggesting various places in the area to eat dinner. Also, there is a large deluxe continental breakfast that included bacon, eggs, bagels, donuts, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, juice, and my sons favorite the hot cinnamon buns. Having a free breakfast with all the other great advantages makes this place a great choice when searching for a downtown albany hotel. If you are ever in the area this place is a winner!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family