“A really great stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had just the one night in Albany and after experiencing a terrible night at the previous hotel in Montreal, we were just so relieved to stay here!

First impressions were fantastic and they stayed that way.We parked right outside which was great. Anthony & Britney (I hope that's how Britney is spelt) on reception were very friendly,professional and welcoming. Britney recommended a fantastic restaurant which really made the evening. The hotel shuttle took us there and picked us up, the driver was very friendly also. They even have a pool but I didn't bring a bikini!

The room was perfect and it was immaculate with a lovely big comfy bed. The bathroom was the same, great shower! Breakfast was really good in a lovely dining room. A lot of choice too. All in all, a nice hotel with very friendly staff. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Go for a king size bed!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Dee E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Greetings SuperMOM23! That's a great name!

We are thrilled that you took the time to write this review and that Anthony and Brittany left a lasting impression on you. They are great members of our super front office team.

There are so many cool restaurants and eateries in the surrounding area with menus for every appetite. Our shuttle service definitely makes it easy to get to and from these local gems.

We'd love to invite you back and please bring the bathing suit and enjoy a relaxing dip in the pool and jacuzzi.

Glad you enjoyed your stay, we wish you happy and safe travels!~

Reviewed October 30, 2013

After a long day of driving it means so much, to have a early check- in upon your arrival. The last thing you want to hear is comeback at 3:00 pm, Its a tone setter for the rest of your stay. The check-in we was received said, welcome we are happy to have your visit. We were in town for my niece's wedding they picked up family members that arrived by train and returned them to the station at there departure times. The breakfast very good all foods fresh and hot. I would recommend others stay here with a smile. Rooms are quiet and elevators clean and works great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dee E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Greetings and thank you for your recent stay and review!~

I'm glad we were able to accommodate you with an early check in. For any future visits call the hotel the morning of and we can set aside a vacant room or have housekeeping clean a departed room for you.

Many guests enjoy the ease and comfort of the shuttle service and we're glad we were able to get your family members off to their respective homes.

Thanks again, we wish you safe and happy travels!~

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This place is excellent! The staff is so friendly and accomodating here. We arrived in the evening and were famished. Britney helped us with a restaurant that was close by, and those that delivered to the hotel, good food! We opted for delivery since we were so tired from traveling.

We got a good nights sleep, it was so comfortable! Very relaxing stay. We woke up to this tremendoes breakfast in the morning. Everything and anything you could want to satisfy you. The two girls working were not only efficient with their job, but nice and friendly also.

Next time we are traveling this way, this will definately be the place we stay.

Room Tip: Just let them know when you make your reservations if you are a light sleeper or not.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Greetings A K!~

Thank you for your stay and your review. We are very pleased to have wonderful hospitality professionals on our team and whenever they are recognized it is a testament to their hard work and great personalities.

On your next trip there are many GREAT restaurants within a short distance of the hotel that our team members can assist with reservations for. We partner with Jack's Oyster House which has been a Family Owned Fine Dining Restaurant for 100 years. It is definitely a favorite for many of our guests.

Thanks again and we wish you happy and safe travels!~

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Checked in and couldn't get our room upgraded. My family got a good night's sleep. In the morning Anthony was on duty. Anthony is a classy, professional young man who knows how to treat guests properly. He made sure our morning was going well. Anthony is a huge credit to this hotel. He has made a very positive impact on both of our experiences with this hotel. Great job Anthony and thank you!

Stayed: October 2013

Greetings T E from Rochester!

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking time to review our hotel and our team member.

I have shared your comments with Anthony and we look forward to your return visit. Hopefully next time we will have an upgrade available for you and your family.

We wist you safe and happy travels.

Stay warm this winter in Rochester:)

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past summer. Normally we don't like to stay in downtown hotels due to parking, congested traffic, etc. However, the location of this hotel was very easy to drive to -- just off the interstate. The room was spacious and well maintained. The breakfast was great. We hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

I am pleased that we met your needs and look forward to your return trip to our area.

Next time around we can also point our some great local events or sightseeing opportunities for you and your guests.

Thanks again and safe travels!~

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Friendly Staff, It is located in a great spot to access downtown. The breakfast gives you a great selection. The staff appears to want to help you out in any way they can. My only problem is not with the hotel but with IHG website. When I book on line and then get to the hotel it does not recognize me as a platinum member. It is not the staff's fault but the website.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joseph D

Greetings Joseph!

THANK YOU FOR BEING A PLATINUM MEMBER!!!!

We appreciate your feedback and will gladly assist in helping you update your profile so your status is immediately recognized. When you book your next reservation, call the hotel and ask for Dee. I'll review the reservation and see what we need to do to solve the issue.

As for your other feedback, I will share it with our team.
We look forward to your next visit!~

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I arrived in Albany on Thursday September 26th. As soon as our plane landed I called for the free shuttle and was advised that it could take 30 minutes to arrive. No problem as I had to collect my bag at baggage claim. After a half hour wait the shuttle had not arrived. I called the hotel again speaking with Samantha who told me that "traffic is backed up, give us a half hour". After another half hour I called the hotel again expressing that I would like to speak with the GM as this was unacceptable to have to wait over an hour. Saman that told me that the GM had no control of the situation. At this point I elected to phone the IHG (parent HQ of Holiday Inn to register my complaint. I spoke with an excellent Guest Services representative who called the hotel on my behalf and spoke with the GM. She told me to take a cab to the hotel and the hotel would reimburse me. I did just that. Upon arriving at the hotel (2.5 hours after arriving at the Albany airport) I was greater by Dee the GM. Dee was very apologetic for the delay in getting me to the hotel. She checked me in immediately, paid the cab and checked on me later that evening to ensure that I was ok. Dee comped my first night of the three night stay. As my return flight was at 6:30 on Sunday morning the hotel paid my cab fare then as well.

Once I got the attention of Dee the GM everything went smoothly. My concern is why did it take 4 calls to the hotel?

Overall this is a great hotel in Albany. The breakfast was fine, room was clean, friendly staff.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Dee E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Greetings, I am glad you made it safely home and got to the airport on time for your flight.

I appreciate you taking the time to write a reveiw, it was great having your reunion group at the hotel. Everyone had great stories to share with the hotel staff.

I promise the next visit you will not have to wait at the airport even if I have to pick you up myself. Thanks for your understanding and I apologize again for the wait.

Happy and Safe Travels!~