“Overnight Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I took a trip to Albany with a friend who was reporting for training for a new job and stayed overnight in the Holiday Inn Express on Sunday, September 8, 2013 primarily because it was near the bus station. We didn't have reservations, however, our check-in was smooth, fast, and the young lady was very courteous and helpful. She didn't assume because we appeared to be a couple checking-in one room that we wanted to sleep in the same bed. She automatically asked if we wanted a room that had 1 or 2 beds. We checked in around 2:30 am for which we were allowed to have a late check-out with no additional cost. She also assisted us to order out for food and notified us when the food was delivered before she sent the delivery guy to our room. The room was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. Since we were given a late checkout, I wanted to go to a Marshalls so we spoke to Anthony to get travel directions to the nearest Marshalls. Anthony was a jewel. He was very personable and although I felt he went above and beyond to provide us with assistance, I got the feeling that this was Anthony just being Anthony. He has impeccable customer service skills and his rapport with us as we'll as other guests while we waited for a cab, is quite noticeable and comforting. Anthony called the cab company back because he felt that we were waiting too long for it to arrive. He didn't just call a cab for us and feel that he did his job, next! He was conscientious and cared about our waiting time. He is a people person and because of it I recommend that anyone who has to stay in Albany, stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I hope that you get a chance to meet and interact with Anthony. My financial services business allows me to be mobile. I look forward to traveling to Albany now because I know just where I will be staying on future overnights or weekends! Anthony you deserve a gold star. It will be because of your disposition and character that guests like me will love to return to this hotel again and again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Dee E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Greetings and thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.
I have shared your review with our team and gave Anthony a special shout out due to your review. Being centrally located to the bus and train we definitely see alot of tired guests that just want a place to relax and unwind. We Love being that hotel for them and for you. Whether its a quick check in or information on where to eat, play and shop. Our team is ready and eager to assist.
There is some great shipping malls not too far from the hotel and Marshall's is an easy commute as well.
Glad you enjoyed your visit and hopefully we'll see you on your next time time passing through.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel is located in a central location, so IFF you have to be in Albany, I found it ideal. The front desk staff could not have been more welcoming or friendly--truly polite, caring and professional, all at once. They recommended a local restaurant, Jack's Oyster House, which was within easy walking distance and had excellent food and service. I stayed on a Sunday night and the town was largely boarded up, but Jack's was open and serving. The hotel staff offered to have their van driver take me wherever I wanted for dinner; the same van picked me up from Amtrak station which is a short distance away, but too far to walk.

Granted, my room had a lovely view of a highway, but I picked this property for its proximity to my means of travel (Amtrak and Trailways). I had to get on a Trailways bus the next morning, and the station is next to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Dee E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Greetings and thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy our amenities and your dinner experience at Jacks. Our shuttle service is a great way to get around and leave the hassle of parking behind.
Should you return to our area we look forward to the opportunity of having you as our guest.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We arrived by air, and left by train. This was the only hotel listed with a shuttle from the airport that also had a shuttle to the train station. It saved us money on the return trip as well. Desk clerk and shuttle driver were both cheerful and helpful. The steam room, sauna, and jacuzzi were just what we needed after an 8 hr train ride from Montreal! The breakfast was hearty,too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings! Glad you were able to utilize both the airport and train shuttle service. Many guests enjoy the freedom and cost savings of relaxing in the shuttle while getting to and from transportation hubs and local attractions.
We hope to see you on your return trip to Albany.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were passing through Albany Saturday August 24 and wanted a place close to everything that was clean, inexpensive and teenager-friendly. We got it!! The staff was exceptional! Super friendly and helpful in a very genuine way. The manager left the pool open an extra 30 minutes so the boys could swim (we got in after 9;00pm) and the entire staff, right down to maintenance crews, couldn't have been more pleasant. The hotel, while not a new facility, was well maintained, clean and the rooms were spacious and nicely appointed. I definitely recommend this place and we're planning to come back for a weekend to explore Albany. The hotel was super close to SUNY offices, The Capitol Building, The Egg, restaurants, the river....and they even offer shuttle services to many places.

Room Tip: we were told that if you reserve through a discounter, to call the hotel after reservations are made...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Greetings!
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, being located in downtown definitely gives you easy access to local attractions, restaurants and transportation hubs.
Next time your in the area there are some great malls and outlet shopping just a short drive away, which is perfect for the "teens" in all of us.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stay here often due to work but with my work schedule my sleeping time is off. But late at night the young lady by the name of Rachel that works the over night does more and beyond to get through my task such as my laundry, my hunger pains, and just being friendly. Just wanted her to be recognized for her great hospitality. The hotel its self is always beyond my expectations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Greetings and thank you for being a frequent guest.

We appreciate your feedback and will definitely share it with Rachel and the other team members.
If there are ways that we can make your stay even more comfortable please reach out to me when you are here. Being away from home can be tough and we'll try our best to make this your home away from home.

Happy and Safe travels!~

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My mom and I only stayed here one night and I was a little nervous about how she would react. The hotel is close to a raised highway and the back of it borders a bus station. BUT- my mother and I felt safe walking in the area and the hotel was simply wonderful. Courteous staff that went out of their way to help us. Nice facilities including a pool that matches the picture and a standard HI Express breakfast fare. You do pay $5 for parking but the parking was monitored and safe for that fee. Large rooms. Clean. Quiet. Restful. They provide a free shuttle service to the airport AND the Amtrak train station (highly unusual from the other hotels I asked!) As a points member had a nice room upgrade and free beverages. Would definitely stay here again in Albany. Close to downtown sights.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Greetings, thank you for your kind words and for being our guest!!!

Feedback is a gift and we appreciate knowing our services and amenities are just what you were looking for.
On your next trip you must take a shuttle ride with our drivers to get a fun and informative tour of the downtown area.
Also there are some amazing eateries and exhibits at the NYS Museum and The Museum of History and Art that you and your mom would surely enjoy.

We wish you both Safe and Happy Travels!~

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed there for short time but it was very nice i am also a platinum member of that group hotels nice place to stay food was ok if considering indian test but still i recommend to stay nice club member you can also get reward point every night you stay there

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank your being a PLATINUM Rewards Member, we appreciate your patronage and you taking the time to write a response.
As a frequent traveler, if there are ways we can improve on your next stay, just ask to speak with any manager and we will gladly take in your feedback and suggestions.

Safe and Happy travels!~