“good location - look, it's econolodge”

Econo Lodge Colonie Center Mall
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Building needs some work. Parking was right at door and the neighborhood seemed safe. The place is about average for an econolodge; that's ok because you know what to expect. The building is on the south side of the road.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 4, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 26, 2013

As other reviewers have pointed out - you get what you pay for. My room was reasonably clean but this place DOES suffer from a bit of "deferred maintenance. I would also swap out the ironing board and iron for a coffee maker.
The WIFI was a bit dicey but, according to the staff, this isn't unusual when it's raining.
Very average with the exception of the staff, which I found very friendly and genuinely concerned that mine was a "good visit". A pleasant change from what I ordinarily encounter in this level motel.
Lot's of good restaurants nearby. I highly recommend the meatball/parm sandwich at Little Anthony's.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Location is good enough. Typical motel room. Clean and unimpressive. Nonsmoking room but it was a little bit smelly. But you can park next to your room door and it is pet friendly! The TV set is old style but WIFI is very good. The price was great. Many restaurants in the area. Good for one night but if I will be here again, I'd like to try something other.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Better late than never. I must admit I've been meaning to write this review since last October.

We were on a family holiday and this stop was the last leg en route to Boston. It was a perfect place to stay with prices around what you'd expect to pay for camping in England and the staff and facilities were excellent. I feel rotten because I can't remember the name of the man that really helped me on the last morning before we left, finding masking tape to repair my suitcase and just really being there when we needed him!!!!

We are all fans of Econolodge since our trip!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Claudine C
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My son had a doctors appointment 10mins away and after reading the reviews of the surrounding hotels I found this to be our best bet. The room smelled musty and one of the curtains was broken and didn't close completely. The shower was hot and I didn't find any spiders or other insects. The tv kept getting fuzzy on us and there wasn't a phone book in the drawer. I've stayed in better but if I had to I'd stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

No bugs! Clean bathroom. Heat worked quickly. Breakfast was OK with cereal, juice and an English Muffin (no fruit). Decent place for the money. $10 to have our dog with us. We arrived late and the concierge was awake. We had a ground floor room. The grounds where we walked the dog were pretty grimey with litter and years of unraked leaves, but this did not bother us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family