WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Albany
queens
“Not So Bad!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The people who run this place are very nice. They let me check in an hour early. Stairs are creepy but the room was fine. Comfortable bed. No art or prints on walls, very plain but ok. Room smelled (very faintly!) of cat urine. Maybe it was once a room that allowed pets? Not horrible. I have an acute sense of smell, lol. A/C was great. Did not try continental breakfast but one was available. Excellent location, near many restaurants and bars within walking distance. Good TV, shower clean. Not fancy but totally serviceable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Old motel, clean but in a nice enough area near plenty restaurants. Adequate place to stay. Room smelled a little musty. If that would put you off try one of the other close by places. Comp breakfast served 6-9.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here for the price! The room was adequate, only had full beds, no queens. Both chairs had stains on them. the beds were comfortable. Check in was easy with reservations. I was a little disappointed with breakfast. Cereal and muffins was about it. I had been concerned about this place after reading some other reviews, But if I was staying again for just one night, I'd stay again.

Room Tip: I think we stayed in room 106 and it was fine.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at this Econolodge because they had doors that opened to the outside for easy unloading of our luggage, and because they allowed my sister to smoke in the room. I can tell you that we'll never stay here again. The beds smelled. There was a spider in the shower that looked ot have taken up lodging there quite some time ago judging from the size of his web and from the size of him. And when I got out of the shower, a centipede crawled across the floor in front of me and behind the ironing board. When we checked out of the hotel, my sister had to wake up the desk clerk to do so.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lake Placid, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

I always travel via public transportation. The Capital Area Transit Authority CDTA bus went directly from the Amtrak Train Station in Schectady to the front door of the Econo Lodge, 1630 Central Ave, Albany, NY. The following morning, I took the CDTA bus to the Greyhound Station, and took Greyhound into New York City. The Econo Lodge was not only very convenient, but the neighborhood was clean and appeared safe. The front desk agent was cheerful and expedient. The room was clean, spacious and very quiet. The continental breakfast was well supplied and the staff attendent kept the area neat and spotless. On top of the above mentioned positives, the price was very reasonable. Thank you Econo Lodge at Colonie Center Mall. My only regret: I could not stay longer. I will be back soon!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Fantastic location for a 3 day stay. I am a single female traveler and often travel with pets. I did not have my cats with me on this trip, but i would definitely stay here again. The room was large and well kept... my only issue was the toilet did not flush as well as it should have, but it was liveable. The beds were really comfortable and it was probably the most comfortable place I've stayed. I did not make use of the continental breakfast, but it seemed busy and there seemed to be plenty to eat. I recommend this place for overnight travelers and long term guests.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or restaurant available on site, but plenty within reasonable distance.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Austin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

My company is cheap with the hotels so I do not have very many good choices.

I arrived at midnight. For some reason from the parking lot at night the hotel pretty much looks like a movie where you check in and no one ever sees you again.

I was on the first floor and that felt creepy. I opened my room and was so happy. It was clean and spacious. The bathroom had granite counters and nothing was wrong with the place. I still felt a little exposed to the parking lot.

I had to stay there again a few nights later so I requested the same room. I arrived in the day light and the parking lot seemed less of a death trap.

If you are looking for cheap and clean the book this place. Considering some of the other reviews you may request a remodeled room to make sure it is clean.

• Stayed May 2012