“Very Clean, Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Albany Airport

Courtyard Albany Airport
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Albany
San Francisco, California
“Very Clean, Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It's just a mile or so from the Albany airport and--with its location on the centrally-located Wolf Road--is very convenient to a wide selection of nearby restaurants including Outback Steakhouse, Cheesecake Factory, PF Changes, Buca di Beppo, Olive Garden, and Macaroni Grill, among others.

The hotel is clean and well-maintained. It offers free WiFi for those who are Marriott Rewards members and a good breakfast in the small restaurant on location.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room on the first or second floors. The hotel is right in the flight path of...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

This Courtyard has apparently been recently renovated so the rooms are very "new", very clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and professional. Only suggestion that we would have is not to stay on the first floor-seems there is a lot of "traffic" in the hallways during the night, and the noise can be distracting. Convenient to major arteries and decent restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed there with my family and the new renovated hotel was great. The bistro has a great fresh breakfast in the morning and a nice wine selection at night. The whole staff was great Kyle and Nedra helped get us a rollaway for our room after my daughters decided to 10pm they didn't want to sleep together. Pools good and hot tub was great. We will definitely stay here again when we head up to Saratoga for track season.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Media, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed here three nights this past week during a business trip to the area. It's a very convenient location and my colleague and I appreciated the variety of nearby restaurants and the proximity to the airport for this morning's early flight.

Staff at the desk were very friendly and responsive throughout the stay.

Unfortunately, the heater in my room never got the room very warm (thank goodness I wasn't there during winter!). On the second night, I called to let them know that I was having issues with the heater not heating up the room-- I was told to crank it all the way up to 90 (top setting) and put the fan on high for awhile, that the units sometimes needed to be kickstarted. While this eventually worked (after about 2 hours, the room got warm), the unit started leaking significantly onto the carpet in the entryway between the room door, the bathroom door and the sleeping area! No one took the concern seriously enough to have maintenance/engineering take a look at the issue.

Finally, what a disappointment to find out that my colleague was charged $60 less per night than I was, despite our having booked within a couple of days of each other... in fact, I was the one who booked first and am the one with Gold status with Marriott-- my colleague doesn't carry the Marriott Rewards card.

Despite having 'higher floors' as a preference stored in my Marriott Rewards profile, they tried to give me a first floor room and immediately gave my colleague a third floor room. I was able to get this fixed, but couldn't understand the situation happening to begin with.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ROCMarriott, Owner at Courtyard Albany Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. Whether positive or negative, your feedback is very important to us. Courtyard by Marriott is strongly committed to customer service and guest satisfaction so we are extremely sorry to hear about your recent experience. Our general manager, Tina Rollins, will be reaching out to you directly.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Very clean.
Close to shopping...restaurants....
Didn't use the pool...but looked clean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have traveled here for over twenty years. The price is very high for a two-star - maybe three-star property. Recently, Courtyard has replaced the traditional lobby restaurant offering waiter service and full-hot buffet breakfast; instead, they now have a coffee-shop style operation with takeout-food and coffee. The average ticket price is the same, but patrons eat off paper and plastic and no waiter. I like the breakfast buffet. I like the waiter. For $10, I got a huge breakfast and had variety. Now, I pay the same, but Courtyard offers over-priced packaged food and coffee. If I wanted a Starbucks, I'd go to one. I get it - the business model is charge the same, but reduce overhead, costs and muss and fuss. However, I won't patronize this new food outlet. Instead, I will got next door to the many other food outlets. Don't get me wrong - the new remodel is attractive, comfortable and clean. However, I resent the new business model - charge the same or MORE and provide less and less in return. Why would I want to pay four dollars for coffee in a paper cup instead of a buck and a half in a china mug? I do not. Why would I want food prepared off-site and chilled in plastic rather than have fresh food prepared to my order. The answer is I don't. This is not an inexpensive hotel. The average property price runs in the HUNDREDS of dollars - $200 or more is common. Hey Marriott, you are CRAZY. I will go to another chain and pay less and get more. I get it. Albany is the state hub and you will get government travelers with plenty of government money to spend. However, business people like me will make price-sensitive selections. Too bad, too, because I liked this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank CaptAlfred
ROCMarriott, Owner at Courtyard Albany Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
We greatly appreciate your TripAdvisor response. Whether positive or negative, your feedback is very important to us.

Courtyard by Marriott has implemented the new Bistro and lobby concept globally in hopes that it will make each stay more convenient and connected.

Thank you.
Argyle, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay for a early morning flight. I have stayed at other Marriott properties (Springfield Suites) here in Albany and I personally would rather return there the next time I need to stay. Wonderful staff there and always friendly.)sad to say they were booked solid) I found the front desk staff here to be not very friendly and just plain rude. When I booked my room I had asked for a room with feather pillows upon check in. Not a biggie but when I was on my way to dinner, I stopped at the front desk to ask them to put them in there while I was gone and was told I could have them... meaning that they were not going to deliver them while I was gone. When I returned after dinner I asked for the pillows. There was a older man who spoke very broken English that the girl at the front desk told to go get pillows for me I said I would wait but he insisted that he would bring them up to us. The girl at the front desk however was just very codescending to this man rolling her eyes and obviously impatient with him because of his broken English.

As far as the hotel.. It is OLDer & clean but could use a makeover. Beds were not the amazing comfy beds that Marriotts are known for... so that was a bit of a disappointment as well. I will not stay at this location again but will book earlier to one of my favorites Springhill Suites... who I might add has free breakfast ... and 24 hour a day free coffee and much nicer staff as well.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo