TownePlace Suites Albany University Area
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$125
$85
CrestHill Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
$106
$159
Homewood
$108
$127
All reviewstwo bedroom suiteburner stoveoutdoor heated poolfree breakfastone nighthardwood floorstraveling with kidsbreakfast roomsized fridgefelt like homecoffee potevery requestcrossgates mallironing boardconvenient locationdirectly across the streetparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Clean and nice.very helpful staff. Great food options nearby. Loved hardwood floors,kitchen,and separate bedroom. Very quiet location.grat sleep that night.
..............................................................................................

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
TownePlaceSales, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany University Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for the kinds words. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. My staff and I hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family of four stopped here on a driving trip for one night. The area around the hotel is fine, but not much in the way of restaurants. The price was right for the hotel though.

Our room was a two-bedroom suite. It had two queen beds in separate rooms. There was only one bathroom, which was just off the living room. My boys do not like to sleep in the same bed, so we were glad to have a sofa bed although it was not comfortable.

Our room was very old with worn carpet that was torn in areas. The kitchen was very nice, but again old. The burners wouldn't stay down so there is no way you could cook on it. The fridge and dishwasher were old as well, but functional.

The breakfast buffet was fine. The staff seemed fine, but no one went out of their way.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the review, I am glad that you enjoyed our two-bedroom suite. We are currently undergoing some renovations to update out appliances, among other things. Next time you are in the area, I hope you will get a chance to see our new look. Thanks for staying.

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

We made reservations here because it was dog friendly. I thought maybe the room would smell like dirty dogs but it was actully nice and smelled good. Our room was a corner room 3rd floor 2bed room suit. Plenty of room for my boys and dog. Nice flat screen TV's and comfy beds. The toilet had a little problem flushing but not that big of a deal. Sheets were not the best thread count but clean and smelled good. They have an area in the back of the hotel to walk the pets w/a doggie station. The breakfast was surprisingly good & free. Kids loved making their own waffels w/all the great toppings.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Juli R
TownePlaceSales, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany University Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Our staff was happy to have you and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again on any future visits to the Capital Region.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel is totally amazing! I have nothing but good things to say about this place! The staff were all so wonderful - they were friendly, happy, helpful and so thoughtful. They remembered by kids names and the names of their stuffed toys a day after we met! Totally impressed my 5 and 7 year olds! The pool is very clean, always had fresh towels and was just a perfect temperature. If I could say one thing, it would be that one extra elliptical machine would be a great addition. The breakfast was pleantiful, always restocked and had a great variety for my picky eaters. I would return in a second and highly suggest that others travel to this hotel. We had a great experienc!

Room Tip: we stayed on the main floor, near the pool - it was great!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I recently stayed here just for one night on business. Although the surrounding area leaves a bit to be desired, the hotel itself exceeded my expectations. The lobby is small but efficient and the front desk clerk (Paige, maybe?) was very kind and friendly during check-in.
I thought my room was great. It is very spacious and most importantly, clean. The desk is large wth a comfy chair if you need to do work. The sitting room is basic but pleasant and there are 2 flat screen TV's with alot of channel options. (one in living area and one in bedroom)
The bedroom is spacious..no complaints. The bathroom had a nice, clean, hardwood-esque floor and a spacious, VERY clean shower/tub. The only complaint regarding the bathroom was that my toilet seat seemed to be broken or off-kilter, which was mildly annoying.
There is not alot of counter space to spread out products, make-up etc, but there is storage underneath the sink.
Overall, I thought this was a very nice hotel and would stay again if I visit the area on business.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business