All reviews old mansion tulip festival off street parking self serve breakfast a great stay foot ceilings great kitchen other guests lark street clean bathroom worked fine bagels one night stay terra hosts twin keys
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2019

A host who thinks that is normal that in an old building you have mice in youre room! When we left early because of that she even let us pay the night we didnt stayed because she was not able to rerent it! So she just don't take care of the problems, just keep on renting and stealing from people!

Room tip: Stay away from this host!
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Ward L
Reviewed August 3, 2019

This is an old mansion which has been refurbished. We had a large queen room with large bath. We never met the proprietor and did everything over the net. There is a self serve breakfast which you fix in kitchen and bring to table. There is a selection of wine, been and sodas in fridge for you to take. Slight amount of dirt in bath. The bed was good and AC worked fine.

Room tip: We had first floor and it was fine.
Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2019

In this hotel, we wanted for nothing. It is relaxing to sit on the porch that looks directly into Washington Park. The kitchen was stocked with fresh and varied food and liquid refreshments, which gave it a B & B feel. The beds were comfortable and our room, including the bathroom, were elegant and impressive with 18 foot ceilings. The pocket doors were original, as was brass hardware throughout.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2019

I have stayed at The Washington Park Inn several times in the past few years. The inn itself is very nice. It is quaint, clean, and comfortable. The owners clearly take pride in their establishment. But...If you are expecting a traditional B& B you will not find it here. There is no breakfast service but there is a kitchen stocked with continental breakfast fare, snacks, and beverages. You are free to help yourself to anything in the kitchen at anytime during your stay. It is also likely that you may not even meet your hosts. On my last visit, there was a self check in process.

It is my last time at this inn that led me to give it a 3 star review. I was up in the Albany area visiting my son at SUNY Albany. As I returned to my room after having dinner with my son , I noticed that I was only one parking in the lot. I texted the owner and I was dismayed to learn that I was the only guest staying at the inn on the evening of my visit. The inn is huge and the area surrounding the inn is a bit sketchy. I was very uncomfortable with the notion of being completely alone and wound up leaving and checking into a nearby hotel. It did not occur to me to ask ahead of time if there would be other guests staying at the inn. I had never been there solo before. I do not blame the owner for this situation but I do think that I am not the only woman who would be uncomfortable in a similar situation.

I would recommend this inn to anyone who was looking to stay in the area but I would make sure you understand how the lodging works ahead of time.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank AnnamarieA38
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

This place is adorable!! Very quiet and cozy! Extremely comfortable bed. Room was very clean and ready upon arrival. We enjoyed coffee and a muffin in the morning from the kitchen. Will definitely stay again! Thank you!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple