“Pretty Good Chinese Food”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #89 of 687 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Latham, New York
“Pretty Good Chinese Food”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We go to Chang's about once a month or so. It's a bit of a pain to park at Colonie Center, but it's worth it. We almost always sit at the bar for quicker service. My DH always orders the same food items (dumplings and Mongolian Beef) and and I always order from their gluten-free menu. I love their chicken lettuce wraps as well as the egg drop soup and spicy chicken, but this last time we visited, I decided to try some dishes I'd never had before. I ordered the GF Vietnamese crab salad as an appetizer (which could have been my whole dinner for the size of it, not to mention the price $16.95), but after the first bite, I had to send it back as all I could taste was lemon (which I dislike a lot). But I really enjoyed the beef a la Sichuan. Overall, we are usually very satisfied with our visits to Chang's. I'd recommend going if you like freshly made Chinese food.

• Visited September 2013

Rhinebeck, New York
“An "off" night”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I recently had the occasion to meet some friends for dinner at P. F. Chang's at Colonie Ctr. Having dined there many times before, I was surprised at how disappointed I was this particular evening. The restaurant was quite empty and yet the hostess seated us at a table right near the door. The music was going full bore which made it hard to hear our somewhat soft-spoken waiter. Even though we asked to have the music turned down a bit, I don't think that ever happened. I have never understood why restaurants insist on blaring music that is far from "music to dine by". Although our waiter was very pleasant, he seemed a bit out of his element that evening. I am sure it was just an "off" night for him. Our soup and appetizer were very tasty. My friend ordered a chicken entrée but was delivered the beef version (OK, mistakes in the kitchen happen) and a replacement was brought out quite quickly but with white rice, not the brown rice ordered. Again, not a big deal. However, the chicken in my sesame chicken wasn't very good quality meat (a fair amount of fat and gristle) and the brown rice tasted as if it had been reheated. The accumulation of dirty dishes and glasses on the table through the night was a distraction as well. Would I go back? Yes, but with expectations of a better meal.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LP1247
Lancaster, Pa.
“Family Friendly..........”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our family of 4 adults and 4 children ate at PF Changs this past weekend and throroughly enjoyed it again. Service was excellent and spot on, the food was hot and tasty and the price for 8 people was reasonable. I highly recommend this restaurant to you!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LancasterTraveler
Birmingham, Alabama
“Good bar”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I just needed something to eat before heading back to the hotel room, so I stopped in and ordered some scallops. They brought me shrimp instead. I told them that it was ok, but they gave me the shimp anyway and then brought what I ordered. All great. The bar staff is very nice as well.

Visited July 2013
Mumbai
“great food...”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

great selection of food and prepared to taste. There were many vegetarian options which was a good surprise.

• Visited July 2013