“Best Service Ever! And the remodel is awesome!”

Red Roof Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Houston, Texas
“Best Service Ever! And the remodel is awesome!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

When my flight home from Albany was cancelled and I had to spend an extra two days in a hotel, I wasn't prepared. Lauren at the front desk and the GM Chandrick were both amazing. Lauren is a gift to the customer service industry. Her smile lights up a room and it's always present. As a going away gift, she gave me one of her own books to read at the airport. What a thoughtful gesture!

Because I forgot to get cash at the airport when I found out my flight home was delayed for three days, I was a bit panicked. I needed to get to the grocery store for supplies and the taxis wouldn't accept a credit card. Chandrick volunteered to take me to an ATM. When have you ever had a hotel manager do that?

And the rooms.....the recent remodel is great! The office area is wonderful. The wrap-around desk and ergonomic chair were very comfortable. I've stayed in much more expensive hotels and none of them could compare to the comfort of the work area at the Red Roof.

I would stay again in a heart-beat and encourage anyone else to do the same if you are looking for a clean, friendly, safe and budget-friendly hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Paula B
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms with great service.

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and our staff and myself delighted you doing your stay. We believe in great customer service and affordable prices. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

We truly thank you again for writing a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

i0112@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night 8th February en-route from NYC to Vermont, late flight into Albany arrived at 23:00 so literally arrived, slept and left! Staff very courteous and helpful, provided coffee and water, but no other food/drink services available, had to get breakfast from Dunkin Donuts next door, no big deal!
Room OK very noisy fan in bedroom, but other than that very clean and comfy nights sleep!
Would stay again if only sleeping and then moving on, big+ is proximity to Albany airport, even if you have no sense of direction (like me!!) it's very easy to find!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Ken E
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2014

Thank you again for writing a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

Loveland
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Spent 1 night here, the room look re-modeled, very clean with a comfortable bed. I like the carpet around the bed with a wood effect floor in the rest of the room, and plenty of electrical sockets, not the same in so many hotel rooms. It would have been nice to have coffee available in the room, having to walk to the main office to get a cup of very weak coffee in -17F is not fun first thing in the morning. If it wasn't for this I would have given them a higher rating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Malcolm T
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2014

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. Just to let you know we do have coffee pots in our upgraded rooms: Superior King and Deluxe Doubles. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed there recently for one night. Renovated room was a great surprise. Nice staff. They were very accommodating. Awesome rate with AAA. The interstate was close and a little noisy, but I always travel with my "sound machine" so no worries. There is an automatic $1.50 safe fee, but they will remove when you check out if you did not use it. Close to restaurants and a mall shopping. Went to Bonefish Grill restaurant nearby and it was outstanding.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank SweetieDog8
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2014

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and our staff delighted you doing your stay. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Seattle
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had a late flight in so we decided to find a place to sleep before heading out in the morning. The room was as expected. Nothing fancy. The two beds were decent though the coverlet was needed to be washed. The bathroom was small. The fan turned on once you turned on the light and it was LOUD. Time to update that. It was perfectly located right by the airport on Wolf Road. I'd stay there again if I was looking for a place to lay my head for the night.

Room Tip: Try to get a second floor room. The area can be kind of sketchy at night.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Seattletraveler98108
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I did recently renovate our rooms but did not make changes to the bathroom, I will share your comments about the bath fan. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany. Have a Happy New Year.

Rhinebeck, New York
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Due to a snow storm we decided to spend the night in Albany so that we would have quick trip to the airport the following morning. Was pleasantly surprised to learn about the park and fly program. The price was for the room and parking was a deal, staff were very accommodating, the room was warm and clean, and the shuttle service was quick and easy. We will definitely be returning next time we fly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria E

It is good to receive the positive feedback. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany. Have a Happy New Year.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed Christmas night arriving on a midnight flight after 23hrs travelling and was very pleased with being quickly collected from the adjacent airport by the shuttle and quickly booked in on arrival.
The room was warm and the bed both welcoming and very comfortable. A great nights sleep. Nice hot shower in the morning and again swift service for the shuttle back to the airport.
The reason I have given an average rating is that Red Roof Inn delivers what is supposed to - a comfortable room with facilities at a good price for general travel. It does what it says on the adverts, no more, no less, and that is what I was looking for - good value for money (delivered) and a good nights sleep (delivered)
Thanks for a good overnight stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo